Exspect PS3 Silicone Analogue Caps

Kryptix

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Never usually get the trouble myslef, unless I'm in a day long session of COD, then it gets a bit slippy!

Ash

my ds3's turning into some kind of monster, what with triggers and the wireless keypad and now these - what next!? :rolleyes:

I remember one of the reasons the atari jaguar failed was becuase of its joypad, now it doesn't seem that bad.

Oh wait actually...

450572140_06aff933c7.jpg

I take it back :D

my ds3's turning into some kind of monster, what with triggers and the wireless keypad and now these - what next!? :rolleyes:

I remember one of the reasons the atari jaguar failed was becuase of its joypad, now it doesn't seem that bad.

Oh wait actually...

450572140_06aff933c7.jpg

I take it back :D

Looks like the love child between the original xbox controller and the megadrive controller.

I ordered some of these too, but they aint in stock.

So waiting for them.

I find my thumb slips off when playing Fifa09,

They are now in stock!

Last edited:
I'm currently making a custom controller, which will have the body of the DS3 except the sticks/triggers of the 360 pad. Watch this space :)

I'm currently making a custom controller, which will have the body of the DS3 except the sticks/triggers of the 360 pad. Watch this space :)

I will, can you also make the original boomerang idea? Also, will you switch the left analogue with the d-pad?:thumbsup:

Should ask this guy

The Official Site of Benjamin J Heckendorn

:thumbsup:

After cutting my 'modding' teeth on building 2 sanwa-part arcade sticks earlier this year i'd actually love to have a crack at doing something like this.

I wouldn't want to put the 360 sticks inside the ds3 housing though, as classic as the design of the ds3 is, the layout of the sticks and triggers on the 360 pad is more natural.

Last edited:
There's lots of mods out there to get the 360 pad working on the PS3 (pioneered by Ben Heck as you point out) but that's not really what I'm after. I'm apparently in the minority (though that could change if the 100-odd million PS2 owners left behind ever buy a 360/PS3) but I can't stand the feel of the 360 pad, far too chunky and I don't like the idea of asymetrical sticks, either. Also I hate the 360 buffers and the rounded face buttons, and I need not even mention the atrocious d-pad.

Of course the triggers are great, and the slightly stiffer concave sticks are very nice too, and these are the features I'm in the process of hacking into the DS3 (though I'm currently working on a sixaxis in case I balls it up :D ).

Last edited:
There's lots of mods out there to get the 360 pad working on the PS3 (pioneered by Ben Heck as you point out) but that's not really what I'm after. I'm apparently in the minority (though that could change if the 100-odd million PS2 owners left behind ever buy a 360/PS3) but I can't stand the feel of the 360 pad, far too chunky and I don't like the idea of asymetrical sticks, either. Also I hate the 360 buffers and the rounded face buttons, and I need not even mention the atrocious d-pad.

Of course the triggers are great, and the slightly stiffer concave triggers are very nice too, and these are the features I'm in the process of hacking into the DS3 (though I'm currently working on a sixaxis in case I balls it up :D ).

Are you swapping the left analogue with the dpad? Or just swapping the pair of analogue sticks over?

Gotta say those concave caps in the OP are tempting....

Are you swapping the left analogue with the dpad? Or just swapping the pair of analogue sticks over?

Gotta say those concave caps in the OP are tempting....
Nope, as I say not a fan of asymmetrical sticks.

Of course the triggers are great, and the slightly stiffer concave triggers are very nice too, and these are the features I'm in the process of hacking into the DS3 (though I'm currently working on a sixaxis in case I balls it up :D ).

keep us informed sounds interesting :thumbsup:

The 360 pad working on the PS3 would be superb - I find them so much more comfortable than the DS3's.

Will do!

Yeah, they look like a good idea. I saw a bigger set of them on amazon but decided that half of them just looked plain strange I wasn't going to buy them:

Pebble Analogue Caps - PS3

You could really pimp out your controller with a set of these:

Giotech Real Triggers - PS3
Yep. I already have the Gioteck Real Triggers and I found they made a big difference (certainly for the air brakes on WipEout HD).

My controller is beginning to be quite modified. :rotfl:

Anyone else gunna try 'em? They're only £2.49! Treat yourself... :eek: :rotfl:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The triggers are so worth it....couldn't ever imagine playing Fifa without them.

Yup, just bought my 3 friends pairs for xmas, giving them to them tomorrow (I know, not tradition etc) and im expecting some 'What the f....' expressions for the first hour or so, thats how i was, but im pretty sure they'll love them.

Analouge Caps i cant see a need for, i've nevered had them become slippy.

These arrived today.

They clip over the sticks and look completely OEM. They feel very nice and the doom shaped one is my favourite. I'll be keeping them on there. :) I gave WipEout HD a quick blast, and it's a lot better. Even if my fingers weren't slipping off, there was a bit of movement before, but now it's perfect and I'm glad I got them.

I think a large percentage of you would like them if you gave 'em a try. :smashin:

Mine too, sitting in front of me on my desk. :D

Don't usually have a problem when playing except in Fifa where I'm forever slipping off the sticks, hope these will sort that out!

Mine too, sitting in front of me on my desk. :D

Don't usually have a problem when playing except in Fifa where I'm forever slipping off the sticks, hope these will sort that out!
Yeah, same here. When you need to run the entire length of the pitch, you gradually slip off slowly and letting go for a split second is enough for someone to tackle you. I'm pretty sure these will resolve that.

It's a shame the rubber is kind of "slippery" -- do you know what I mean? It feels like a new Xbox 360 controller. Slippery on the rubber sticks. The PS3 sticks are sticky. Hopefully with a bit of use they'll get stickier.

Let me know what you think of them.

Just given these a proper go and I'm very, very happy with them. I've just ordered another set for my other controller.

Give 'em a go! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom