ps3 red flashing light ?

beowulf

Ex Member
Reaction score
was playing cod waw and the machine just went blank , beeped a few times and the red light just keeps flashing

i googled it and it's either overheating or gone kaput

thing is , it's a 60 gig model from launch date , so it must be almost 2 years old now , do you think i'll still be covered or will i have to buy another one ?
:confused:

oh and how the heck do i get my disc out ???

was playing cod waw and the machine just went blank , beeped a few times and the red light just keeps flashing

i googled it and it's either overheating or gone kaput

thing is , it's a 60 gig model from launch date , so it must be almost 2 years old now , do you think i'll still be covered or will i have to buy another one ?
:confused:

oh and how the heck do i get my disc out ???

Leave it for an hour or so and try again. Call Sony in the meantime and see what they say.

Regards disc if it doesn't turn on long enough for you to eject it then there AFAIK there is no way of getting it out. If Sony pick it up you will have to let them know it is in there but from what I read it'll be a few weeks till you get anything back.

Hi Beowulf, same thing has happened to us today. Playing same game COD5and same symptoms as you. cannot retrieve disc. have you fixed yours yet ?? If so, would be grateful for some advice. BTW, our machine is orig 60 gig model bought Jul 07.

rang sony and they're sending me a new 80 gig ps3 free of charge , just swap it next wednesday 8am to 6pm no questions asked

they'll give you a refurb 60 gig if you want , but i'm sure a refurb would be any good , plus the so called super duper features of the 60 gig were never used by me , plus that will take 2 weeks plus to get in stock

i bought my dad an 80 gig this xmas and it's very quiet , much quieter than my second 60 gig ( which replaced an original march 07 60 gig that was so noisy i requested a new one in april 07 )

regarding the disc stuck inside they say they'll send it back to me c. 6 weeks from receipt of the machine..

so no cod5 fer me for awhile :(

Touching the eject button for 10 seconds or longer will force the PS3 to eject discs that are stuck in the unit. :)

Afraid it's a bit more terminal than that. No end of holding the eject button will release the disc :mad:

Thanks for the advice Beowulf, will get on to Sony and hopefully get similar result to you.

Same thing happened to my 40GB other day mate :( will be on my third PS3 on Tuesday.

Afraid it's a bit more terminal than that. No end of holding the eject button will release the disc :mad:

Thanks for the advice Beowulf, will get on to Sony and hopefully get similar result to you.

Hey mate I thought my COD4 disc was stuck but the lady I phoned at Sony told me how to get it out. It worked for me anyway.

You need to press the eject button whilst it's in standy then switch it off and on using the switch at the back, whilst the whole time keeping your finger on the eject button and it ejects the disc.

Mikey, just been reading your thread on the other page.

Been on to Sony and they gave me the same options as Beowulf so new 80 gig model will be here next Thursday. Got to say was impressed with the attitude and assistance from their customer service.

Regarding retrieveing the disc, went through the same procedure as above but was not so lucky, still in there. They said this would be returned asap.

Hey mate I thought my COD4 disc was stuck but the lady I phoned at Sony told me how to get it out. It worked for me anyway.

You need to press the eject button whilst it's in standy then switch it off and on using the switch at the back, whilst the whole time keeping your finger on the eject button and it ejects the disc.

tried that , the things just beeping and shutting down

i'm going to be very careful buying games and discs for this thing now , prob won't buy any more blu rays for it at all tbh , been thinking of going digital downloads and get an appletv fer awhile and this is just the impetus i need- i think this is telling me that discs just ain't the way to go anymore

over xmas spent more time watching films on my mac pro than on this anyway

if only the ps3 was as reliable as my mac ..

Aw sorry guys, thought it might work as it worked for mine. Can't believe this is going to be my third PS3 in just over a year, all the 40GB versions too! TBF I do use it quite a lot but still it didn't really show any problems until it just shut itself off. I might have to put some ice packs round it or something. Also gotta say I was also extremely impressed with the customer service.

rang sony and they're sending me a new 80 gig ps3 free of charge , just swap it next wednesday 8am to 6pm no questions asked

they'll give you a refurb 60 gig if you want , but i'm sure a refurb would be any good , plus the so called super duper features of the 60 gig were never used by me , plus that will take 2 weeks plus to get in stock

i bought my dad an 80 gig this xmas and it's very quiet , much quieter than my second 60 gig ( which replaced an original march 07 60 gig that was so noisy i requested a new one in april 07 )

regarding the disc stuck inside they say they'll send it back to me c. 6 weeks from receipt of the machine..

so no cod5 fer me for awhile :(

Hi im having problems contacting Sony customer care. Is it just me or do they never seem to pick up the phone. If possible could you tell me the number you wrang.

thanks

Hi im having problems contacting Sony customer care. Is it just me or do they never seem to pick up the phone. If possible could you tell me the number you wrang.

thanks

Sony PS Customer Service = 08705998877

Took me a while to get through too mate, keep tryin'!

Sony PS Customer Service = 08705998877

Took me a while to get through too mate, keep tryin'!

oh damn. I was ringing an 0845 number; i thought it was dodgy because there was no waiting music while i waited.

Do you think it could be a dupe number for someone pretending to be sony or am i just being paranoid?
:suicide:

oh damn. I was ringing an 0845 number; i thought it was dodgy because there was no waiting music while i waited.

Do you think it could be a dupe number for someone pretending to be sony or am i just being paranoid?
:suicide:

Where did you get that number from mate?

Hi,

I also have the same problem. I have a 60Gb PS3 and it just died today raging as COD is stuck in it too. I rang that number and they told me that I have to pay £145 for a new console. Is this correct? Did you guys not get it for free?

That was a good will gesture by sony. It had ran out february this year. You could of tried continious play, but it was recently suspended due to people abusing the system. Either buy a new one , or pay £145 for a refurb. good luck:smashin:

Hi

I have the same issue, spoke to Sony they said if I have the receipt they will replace next day delivery, if not yeah £145......got to look everywhere for the receipt now!

Anyone know if theres another way around it if I havent got the receipt?

Thanks

just thought id let you guys know, i had the exact same problem (60gb red flashing light, game stuck inside etc.) and so i unplugged it, gave it a clean and let it cool down for an hour. I then plugged it back in and turned it on and its working fine.

ill give it a good 5 hour session of MW2 when i get it tomorow, and if it does the same thing again ill let you guys know

What is it with CoD (MW2) and the red flashing light?

Mine just turnt itself off (mid kill streak) and now it wont turn its self on! :rolleyes:

Admitidly its been on for around 14hrs today but its also the 60Gb model?

Does this means its dead or have you guys managed to save them?

Im curious how the OPs 60gig is over 2 years old, Sony is replacing it for free with an 80gig model?

/goes back to re-read thread.

hello, iam having the same problems but disk isnt getting stuck, also, what happens is it slows down, sound goes jittery and the screen eventually stops, its been working fine since launch i bought uncharted 2 and since then its been like this!

i had the exact same problem as joshkinny and i tell you now that its not too hard to fix, if its still under warranty then get sony to fix it, on the other hand if you've run out of warranty (like me) then follow this link to a youtube guide and follow the instructions

YouTube - ps3 ylod fix part1 gilksy

all you need is about £30 for the tools and about 1-2 hours of free time :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom