Optoma HD20 or Epson TW3200

Jmog

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am currently planning to upgrade my Panasonic AE900 and I've narrowed it down to either the Optoma HD20 and the Epson TW3200. But which one to get? In Denmark where I live, the cost exactly the same.

I have demoed the Optoma and I really like it but I have no way of demoing the Epson.

Rainbows and placement is not an issue. I will only use the projector when it is completely dark outside and never in daylight or with any light surces in the room. I currently project onto a white wall with a black border painted around it, but I do have enough left in the budget to buy a nice screen which I am considering vigorously.

If rainbows and placement is not an issue and prices are the same it is a tough one.

Both pj's have their +/- points and the 3 points I raised would have swung it in the Epson's favour if they had been an issue to you.

The only advantages the Optoma has then is it is much smaller you will not have the possibility of dust blobs that you can have with lcd pj's.

The Epson is much quieter in operation and you can get a slightly larger image from the same distance as the Optoma.The Epson is slightly brighter and has better contrast level and also has a free bulb replacement once in it's g/tee period.

It's up to you but I think the Epson would have my vote and I own a HD20.:)

It may be worth waiting a while as I believe the HD20 may be nearing the end of its life. Once a replacement model comes out there will be discounts, whereas the Epson is a brand new model!

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Higher noise might be a factor. Waiting for newer models/discounts is not a bad idea but too hard to handle I am afraid. I am selling the old Panny AE900 this week, and I don't think I can be without a projector for long ;-)

I am going for the Epson. It sounds like the one I will be most pleased with. I will post my impressions when I get it (hopefully) next week.

I'm also from Denmark so perhaps if you live near Copenhagen is there perhaps a change I can come see it:)?

No problem, Bjur. I just need to get the screen in a week or two so the setup is complete. I live in Copenhagen too. :)

Nice I'm looking forward to hear from you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom