From ES7000 to VT65

Danoptic

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I currently have a Samsung UE46ES7000.

I have been very happy with the set throughout 2012 even with 3 spots of clouding but looking for an upgrade.

I have been looking at the VT65 range either 50 or 55 inch.

The last Panasonic Plasma I had buzzed like hell (Panasonic Viera TX-P42G20)

With the VT65 I hear its only fan noise and no buzzing, is this confirmed?

And with the set i have will i notice any picture quality changes worth spending £1600 - ~£2000 on?

Thank you

Hi all, I currently have a Samsung UE46ES7000.

I have been very happy with the set throughout 2012 even with 3 spots of clouding but looking for an upgrade.

I have been looking at the VT65 range either 50 or 55 inch.

The last Panasonic Plasma I had buzzed like hell (Panasonic Viera TX-P42G20)

With the VT65 I hear its only fan noise and no buzzing, is this confirmed?

And with the set i have will i notice any picture quality changes worth spending £1600 - ~£2000 on?

Thank you

I posted this elsewhere: "Having owned the ES8000 for several months and now the VT65 I can certainly see the pros and cons of each technology. I’ve got this TV in a dedicated home cinema room and picture quality is everything and ultimately I couldn’t stand the ES8000’s blotchy screen and average blacks (my first ES8000 was pretty good for screen uniformity but not the replacement panel I received). The VT65 has a better picture than the ES8000, mainly because of the deeper blacks and motion handling.

But, the ES8000 looked beautiful, made absolutely no noise and because my home cinema room is small the plasma heating is an issue in the summer. The heating effect is the main reason I went for LED in the first place.

In a family room for casual TV watching then I guess I would choose the ES8000 but for serious Blu Raying the VT65 is the way to go (for me anyway)."

Probably just as applicable to the ES7000. I would also add the VT65 does buzz, not all the time just when showing a very bright picture. I do notice it after the dead silence of the LED. I'm prepared to put up with background noise to get a better picture.

There's no way I could justify spending a £1000+ for the improvement though, I got a John Lewis swap out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom