Panasonic VT65 vs ZT65

I'm tending to agree too, VT seems to hold its own very much against the ZT.

I'd be amazed if the votes don't confirm that later.

Is there a link to watch it now as fell asleep last night

Is there a written summary? :)

More later, but you have to see them side by side set up properly. The difference is how the sets hang on to black vs ambient light.

When a set holds black better it does not need to go as bright.

Just because an image is brighter does not mean you can see it better in a bright room, if light pollution washes out the the image because the panel absorbs the light due to a poor filter then the extra light is pointless.

A GT goes much brighter that a VT and a ZT but but you will see more picture detail and contrast on a VT and even more on a ZT.

This is my 55VT50 in a brightish room, about to take it down and it will be up for sale in the classifieds.

I now have a 55VT65, and will be using it until my ZT arrives.

I have now calibrated 10 VT65's and not experienced any of the issues reported in the states. But non of the sets in the TPS showroom have shifted.

I'm going to calibrate this VT65 out of the box and take measurements every 50 hours in my real home environment to see for sure how it behaves.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368274709.582775.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368274721.199359.jpg

More later, but you have to see them side by side set up properly. The difference is how the sets hang on to black vs ambient light.

When a set holds black better it does not need to go as bright.

Just because an image is brighter does not mean you can see it better in a bright room, if light pollution washes out the the image because the panel absorbs the light due to a poor filter then the extra light is pointless.

A GT goes much brighter that a VT and a ZT but but you will see more picture detail and contrast on a VT and even more on a ZT.

This is my 55VT50 in a brightish room, about to take it down and it will be up for sale in the classifieds.

I now have a 55VT65, and will be using it until my ZT arrives.

I have now calibrated 10 VT65's and not experienced any of the issues reported in the states. But non of the sets in the TPS showroom have shifted.

I'm going to calibrate this VT65 out of the box and take measurements every 50 hours in my real home environment to see for sure how it behaves.

View attachment 395987View attachment 395988

Thanks and very informative :)

I see that but that's a live feed is there any links to watch last nights events ?

You can watch most of the stream from last night (start missed) by playing the video at the top of the linked page for now but should be fully available on youtube, probably after tonight when the full event has closed.

Yeah, the difference in the two rooms I use for TV downstairs is only very small but I do get lower readings in one so I always put them in there for those measurements. Steve seems to regularly get slightly lower readings than other reviewers using a k10 but he has a completely light controlled home theatre, which I'm sure explains it.

I thought if I held off for a day or two, there would be more consensus on what seems to be a nose ahead - seems not !

And I still haven't ordered !

Yeah, the difference in the two rooms I use for TV downstairs is only very small but I do get lower readings in one so I always put them in there for those measurements. Steve seems to regularly get slightly lower readings than other reviewers using a k10 but he has a completely light controlled home theatre, which I'm sure explains it.

Could you not use some sort of cape/shroud thing covering the TV?

Also, when you do measurements, do you (or does the software) turn your computer display off?

Could you not use some sort of cape/shroud thing covering the TV?

Also, when you do measurements, do you (or does the software) turn your computer display off?

I do have a shroud, of sorts, but even then I can't guarantee absolutely no ambient light is hitting the screen. I can take measures in Calman without the laptop display being up but we try to be standardised in using klein's own software - its also used to calibrate the black level before each set of reads.

Tbh, this is all a storm in a teacup. The fact we're getting down to the levels where minute differences in ambient light (or whatever external influence) are even being discussed paints its own picture.

What are we actually debating: 0.001 CD/m differences across a few meters, around the world? Pretty funny really :)

Edit: this is all way of topic for this thread, sorry.

Last edited:
I'd sat ZT sales will take a big hit after the shootout results in the US.

Remains to be seen what will happen when they are in the UK shootouts - but the VT seems to be the sensible choice anyway - if not a Samsung !

Richer sounds are having a open day and comparing zt vs vt vs kuro all calibrated like the tps meet.

Calibrated ZT vs VT vs F8500 vs Kuro Shootout in Leicester

Talk about trying to get in thier before the tps meet.

Thanks

I had posted about this before in the "Kuro vs Modern plasma" thread as Richer Sounds had put a thread on here about it, but it got deleted for some reason? (Scooby won't say why) But with no disrespect to TPS, I don't think a national chain like Richer Sounds care what show a 1-off independent retailer does in terms of a 'shootout'

But with ******** calibrating the TV's for the TPS meet, and David MacKenzie doing it for the RS meet one thing is for sure... a lot of people are in for a treat looking at the VT65 & ZT65 and are going to be torn between the 2 :devil: (knew I could get this back on topic :D)

I had posted about this before in the "Kuro vs Modern plasma" thread as Richer Sounds had put a thread on here about it, but it got deleted for some reason? (Scooby won't say why) But with no disrespect to TPS, I don't think a national chain like Richer Sounds care what show a 1-off independent retailer does in terms of a 'shootout'

But with ******** calibrating the TV's for the TPS meet, and David MacKenzie doing it for the RS meet one thing is for sure... a lot of people are in for a treat looking at the VT65 & ZT65 and are going to be torn between the 2 :devil: (knew I could get this back on topic :D)

I think they do care actually that's why they are doing it imo.
AVForums cover is not to be sneezed at:)

agree completely with the 2nd point of your post.

To prevent any conspiracy the RS threads were deleted as they breached forum rules, TPS meet thread doesn't, simple as that.:)

AVF sponsorship of an event may be good but its not likely to happen given the way AVF operates independently (not in association with any particular retailer or manufacturer).

That is just nonsense.

What is the meet or trying to get one organised before tps meet. I am just pointing out the facts at the end of the day just an event for users to check out the panels for them self that have been calibrated.

Rs is trying to ground them selves in like tps on the forum but IMHO not all their sale staff are not knowledgeable about the items they sell and try a more harder sales tactics. As I found out recently when trying to get my 55 vt65.

I have bought from them in the past but depends which shop you go into, I have 3 that's are not too far from me.

Thanks

What is the meet or trying to get one organised before tps meet. I am just pointing out the facts at the end of the day just an event for users to check out the panels for them self that have been calibrated.

Rs is trying to ground them selves in like tps on the forum but IMHO not all their sale staff are not knowledgeable about the items they sell and try a more harder sales tactics. As I found out recently when trying to get my 55 vt65.

I have bought from them in the past but depends which shop you go into, I have 3 that's are not too far from me.

Thanks

I'm sure you know what I meant.
Regards sales staff this is true for Every company not just Richer Sounds. The tv's at the RS event will have been calibrated by David Mckenzie / Ricky Jennings and Jules. There will be plasma and LCD sets. I've always had excellent service from richer sounds at my local branch, if one of the staff is not 100% sure about something they refer to another member who does have the knowledge.
I'm sure it will be a great day out.

it looks like be careful what you wish for, steve withers has just tweeted that he has a ZT and VT 65" in for a comparison review... happy days.

Last edited:
Is there any confirmed dates yet when the ZT will be available

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom