Panasonic ST60/GT60: No major retailers stocking them?

Grexeo

Established Member
Reaction score
We're now into May and there's still no sign of the ST60 or GT60 at any of the major retailers. Even independent retailers are having trouble; only a few have received stock. Most ETA's for further stock are in excess of a month.

What gives? From what I recall, last year the entire Panasonic range was available from major retailers in March.

We're now into May and there's still no sign of the ST60 or GT60 at any of the major retailers. Even independent retailers are having trouble; only a few have received stock. Most ETA's for further stock are in excess of a month.

It is all dependent on date of order. Earliest orders are fulfilled first.

If Panasonic have planned correctly, they will not be holding stock of any models, it is the retailers' responsibility to hold stock.

A retailer quoting in excess of a month probably hasn't got any orders in the system; they may be working on a buy-to-order basis in order to cut down on investment in stock.

The only unavailable models currently are the TX-P60ZT65B and the TX-P42GT60B.

Regards

TPS

It is all dependent on date of order. Earliest orders are fulfilled first.

If Panasonic have planned correctly, they will not be holding stock of any models, it is the retailers' responsibility to hold stock.

A retailer quoting in excess of a month probably hasn't got any orders in the system; they may be working on a buy-to-order basis in order to cut down on investment in stock.

The only unavailable models currently are the TX-P60ZT65B and the TX-P42GT60B.

Regards

TPS

ehubunuv.jpg

Not quite true - we've got 42GT60's, (but they only came in on Monday) Have you looked at your "orders for delivery Craig? Are they due on Monday? Oops Bank Holiday so won't be then. Our pending orders shows our delivery for Thursday instead.

Last edited:
I agree. Currys, the mainstream elec retailer don't stock any of Pana new plasma sets, in contrast they're selling LCD of Panasonics. You would be lucky to see a display of new sets even in JL, though it's on their website. So where do you go to view one, hunt down independent/Pana dealers, who are few and far between! That' the price you pay for going down Plasma route.

Anyone show anyone selling the 42inches with 5 year warranty? Struggling. Most only offering the warranty in-store but all England based :( I'm in Scotland. Thanks

Anyone show anyone selling the 42inches with 5 year warranty? Struggling. Most only offering the warranty in-store but all England based :( I'm in Scotland. Thanks

I believe that the 5 year warranty is a Panasonic incentive to get customers to visit a physical store - hence you don't get the warranty unless you visit a store.

As far as I can tell, the Panasonic Stores are going one step further at the moment and offering a 6 year warranty for in-store purchase.

I'm struggling to find anyone locally (Swindon) with a P42GT60 - and have had my name 'on the list' with all of my local independent retailers for a couple of weeks, but to no avail. :-(

Shades

Only place I can find who have a 55ST60 in stock is DirectTvs but again have to buy in store to get warranty.

I believe that the 5 year warranty is a Panasonic incentive to get customers to visit a physical store - hence you don't get the warranty unless you visit a store.

As far as I can tell, the Panasonic Stores are going one step further at the moment and offering a 6 year warranty for in-store purchase.

I'm struggling to find anyone locally (Swindon) with a P42GT60 - and have had my name 'on the list' with all of my local independent retailers for a couple of weeks, but to no avail. :-(

Shades

Yes its to promote physical stores and help them compete with online, good idea IMO as we need these stores.

Found someone local who will be getting the GT in shortly, 42 but still unsure on exact date for delivery. Hen's teeth!

Looks like Roy Jowett do too

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom