Panasonic GT50 Owners thread (part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried the lg demo yes the fish does come out but its nowhere near as good 3d as it was before , auto or default 3d setting should be enough for most as said b4 everythin i seen when got tv was mint , sky 3d and about 15-20 blu ray movies, that sence of depth has gone thats y i can only think its that fault or problem that panasonic have found . when i watched the 3d app turtle i felt like a tank ov water was in my room now its just the turtle comes out abit

Whats the firmware no. Thats screwed up the 3D ? Im one of the few who adores 3D and hate the idea a firmware to improve the set when i get it might ruin the experience.

Also is there any way to roll bad an update ? :)

i got told it wasnt ment to effect 3d but it must of effect ed some coz they have found it . if ur on 1.619 and ur happy with 3d it wont matter to u mines has deffo lost depth tho since the update, im like u mate i love 3d well i did till this happened lol

I have tried three time for them to price match and every time they refuse. I've even quoted this site as well, showing them evidence that they do price match total digital.

But they just ignore the customer and treat people on how they are feeling and not any fair policy and thought being applied.

It is a postcode lottery with jl. Maybe one day you'll get lucky.

nobody in the UK has stock, total digital says they have stock on their site, but give them a call, they will tell you over the phone they have no stock.

for john lewis to price match.

the tv has to be available to buy in the retailers store, they also much have a website on which they sell the tv and they must have stock.

therefore you will not get any price matches until stock hits the uk again, and then most of them if not all will have been pre-ordered. therefore its going to be a lottery if you get a price match or not because stock will vanish quickly.

the best thing to do is pre-order for the cheapest available price you can see online or from a local store.

richer sounds i believe are doing pre orders for 1299 which is only £50 more.

personally i think im gonna go with the ST50B, the difference is most likely not very noticeable

nobody in the UK has stock, total digital says they have stock on their site, but give them a call, they will tell you over the phone they have no stock.

for john lewis to price match.

the tv has to be available to buy in the retailers store, they also much have a website on which they sell the tv and they must have stock.

therefore you will not get any price matches until stock hits the uk again, and then most of them if not all will have been pre-ordered. therefore its going to be a lottery if you get a price match or not because stock will vanish quickly.

the best thing to do is pre-order for the cheapest available price you can see online or from a local store.

richer sounds i believe are doing pre orders for 1299 which is only £50 more.

personally i think im gonna go with the ST50B, the difference is most likely not very noticeable

Can you please tell me where you saw this about richer sounds ? I was on phone yesterday to my nearest store ad they said they dont think they will get any as theyre under the impression John lewis has an exclusive on the GT50. I thought this weird as see it elsewhere so emailed customer service. Waiting on a reply.

If you can let me know how you know about this pre order ill get and ring them back today.

Can you please tell me where you saw this about richer sounds ? I was on phone yesterday to my nearest store ad they said they dont think they will get any as theyre under the impression John lewis has an exclusive on the GT50. I thought this weird as see it elsewhere so emailed customer service. Waiting on a reply.

If you can let me know how you know about this pre order ill get and ring them back today.

i phoned my local store, the guy told me that price over the phone. he said he should have stock coming in next month.

but i decided to go into john lewis afterwards and they would not price match any site, because no stores in the uk have any stock afaik.

just phone every reputable retailer you can find on google, and ask them what their price is. write it down on a sheet of paper. see who the cheapest is and then phone them back. stores will be shut on a sunday in most cases, so tomorrow is your best bet.

personally im in a dilemma, im now thinking of just going with the ST50B, because i do not think anybody can guarantee they will have stock in a months time. panasonic seem to be limiting the availability of this set but everyone i talked to said they will have stock coming in a months time, but who knows what will actually happen? this set is also supposedly not supposed to be sold online, it's meant to be for in store purchase only, which is ridiculous. panasonic basically want you to jump through hoops to get this model.

im also worried about all these people who have been having problems with their sets, and have been returning them, some are on their 3rd set and even that has problems, etc.

when did choosing a tv become so difficult?

i phoned my local store, the guy told me that price over the phone. he said he should have stock coming in next month.

but i decided to go into john lewis afterwards and they would not price match any site, because no stores in the uk have any stock afaik.

just phone every reputable retailer you can find on google, and ask them what their price is. write it down on a sheet of paper. see who the cheapest is and then phone them back. stores will be shut on a sunday in most cases, so tomorrow is your best bet.

personally im in a dilemma, im now thinking of just going with the ST50B, because i do not think anybody can guarantee they will have stock in a months time. panasonic seem to be limiting the availability of this set but everyone i talked to said they will have stock coming in a months time, but who knows what will actually happen? this set is also supposedly not supposed to be sold online, it's meant to be for in store purchase only, which is ridiculous. panasonic basically want you to jump through hoops to get this model.

im also worried about all these people who have been having problems with their sets, and have been returning them, some are on their 3rd set and even that has problems, etc.

when did choosing a tv become so difficult?

It got difficult whn we were allowed to mess with the picture and disnt hust have to put up with how things looked.

As for places to go i only know a few really.

Currys- too expensive for old stock
Amazon - not listed
Roy jowett - other side of country and warranty is in store only but they do a monthly pay plan
Jon lewis - who try to back out of price matches and offer no pay plans it seems. Iunno feels like cold service. I see bad reports.
Richer sounds - done buisness and theyre always good.

Tell me if you can what branch dis you rig so i can tell my one ?

I've got an Oppo 93 so probably not what you'd call cheap.

I can't see any settings at all on the player that would effect the 3D quality. Just not sure now why the LG demo is significantly better than blu rays??

Is it possible that the LG demo has "real" 3D material - whereas most of the 3D Blurays have 3D added in post-processing?? They are never going to match the "real" 3D imho.

As for the problems. Well no screen short of professional £8,000 £10,000 sets.

Im rocking a like 2006 sony lcd that cost under £500 it took me over a year toget the poc right but to be honest as low end as it is the pic is flawless and colour is uniform ad lovely. To be homest of this tv had 3D id be fine.

But its still got issues. Whites are troublesome and at times i feel pics are bit blurry.

Thus i figure its time for an upgrade and retire this 40" to the bedroom.

But nothings perfect =)

Is it possible that the LG demo has "real" 3D material - whereas most of the 3D Blurays have 3D added in post-processing?? They are never going to match the "real" 3D imho.

Not true. Ive seen converted 3D look better than that filmed in it. I all depends on the material, the focus, whats happening at the time on screen ans the effort put into the process.

Nevaborn said:
It got difficult whn we were allowed to mess with the picture and disnt hust have to put up with how things looked.

Amazon - not listed
Roy jowett - other side of country and warranty is in store only but they do a monthly pay plan
Jon lewis - who try to back out of price matches and offer no pay plans it seems. Iunno feels like cold service. I see bad reports.

How about tps?
There assured advertisers for avforums.
They have a great rep with members on here who bought with them. Going to be buying from them myself.

Not true. Ive seen converted 3D look better than that filmed in it. I all depends on the material, the focus, whats happening at the time on screen ans the effort put into the process.

Yeah and that is why a 3D demo is probably going to look better than actual 3D Bluray material.;)

3D didn't look this way on the Samsung ES8000.

I'm not talking about converted 3D. One of the only 3D films I've seen on the GT50 was journey to the mysterious island. Sure that was shot in 3D and has been receiving rave reviews for the picture quality.

How about tps?
There assured advertisers for avforums.
They have a great rep with members on here who bought with them. Going to be buying from them myself.

I forgot to mention them. They are my second choice. Richer Sounds is easier for me is all. Both are equally good though

3D didn't look this way on the Samsung ES8000.

I'm not talking about converted 3D. One of the only 3D films I've seen on the GT50 was journey to the mysterious island. Sure that was shot in 3D and has been receiving rave reviews for the picture quality.

Not a film id personally associate with great picture. As for 3D the benchmark to try is still Avatar. For 2D picture you wont get any better than Fellowship of the ring. You go from vibrant green scenes, to snowy white peaks, down to dark mines and burning bright demons that were awoke because the dwarves dug too deep.

If will show colour gradiance and vibrancy not to mention inky blacks or lack of and flesh tones. Mix that with fast paced action that will catch a panel with a refresh thats lacking and youve a cery good tester film.

Now i just need this dang tv. Guess i hoped too much theyd reply on a sunday. Ill ring them tomorrow again. Just wish i knew which richer sounds said they were getting it.

Not a film id personally associate with great picture. As for 3D the benchmark to try is still Avatar. For 2D picture you wont get any better than Fellowship of the ring. You go from vibrant green scenes, to snowy white peaks, down to dark mines and burning bright demons that were awoke because the dwarves dug too deep.

If will show colour gradiance and vibrancy not to mention inky blacks or lack of and flesh tones. Mix that with fast paced action that will catch a panel with a refresh thats lacking and youve a cery good tester film.

Now i just need this dang tv. Guess i hoped too much theyd reply on a sunday. Ill ring them tomorrow again. Just wish i knew which richer sounds said they were getting it.

I can't fault the actual picture quality on 3D discs it's just the depth/pop I'm finding a real disappointment.

Speaking of picture quality I watched sin city last night. Looks totally stunning.

Hope you pick one up soon.

Almost made the mistake of selling my gt50 but whilst demoing it the other day to a member i was realising to myself how breathtaking the picture was and those deep blacks!!!! I had a few plans for what i wanted too do in my flat reason for me putting it up for sale, but i'm so glad i didn't now i think the picture on both the gt and vt will be hard too beat.

It is even better when you have a screen with minus the issues which alot of people discuss about on here to.

markiedee said:
Almost made the mistake of selling my gt50 but whilst demoing it the other day to a member i was realising to myself how breathtaking the picture was and those deep blacks!!!! I had a few plans for what i wanted too do in my flat reason for me putting it up for sale, but i'm so glad i didn't now i think the picture on both the gt and vt will be hard too beat.

It is even better when you have a screen with minus the issues which alot of people discuss about on here to.

Just got back from my cousins after watching the footie and a bit of f1. The picture on his 7 year old pioneer still looks better to my eyes. The f1 channel looked incredible. So sharp and smooth.

I can't fault the actual picture quality on 3D discs it's just the depth/pop I'm finding a real disappointment.

Speaking of picture quality I watched sin city last night. Looks totally stunning.

Hope you pick one up soon.

Thank man. Family told me like an hour ago that wed have to wait till november ... Id even buy one on a pay plan if i could find it. I told them if they make me wait till november i just wont be able to get .

Yea " pop " is a real pain in 3D but 90% the time it really air your screen its the production people who scaled it back. Hollywood really favours depth over pop when ita pop that makes us all go ooooo =D. The other 10% tho is the tv being ruined by a stupid update thats meant to improve it.

But as for discs well i still swear by them. For every day viewing just pressing play on sky box is fine but if i really want to watch a film disc all the way. Straming and downloads just dont have the visual or audio quality.

richard phone panasonic and say why has the depth gone since the update , im sure they should tell u wat they told me but i know the 3d should be alot better than wat it is right now after the update as even avatar looked very impressive before now it just doesnt looked like anythin special the more people phone quicker it will get sorted its not the lead the player or anythin its the update

Amazon - not listed

i rang the glasgow branch.

also decided to just go for the D8000 which is samsungs last years top model i think, you get a 51" for £795 (price matched at john lewis with electro centre)

3D glasses are cheap and I do not think the GT50 is going to be a £500 better TV (nearly double the price).

also far less problems with the sammy and it has brighter colours. you should consider this option. use the spare £500 towards something else.

I agree!

When we went for a VT30 demo last year, the guy showed us the ability to alter the depth of the 3D effect; ranging from completely within the frame of the TV to almost all outside of the TV - for us the mix of both was just right. What a great feature we thought.

I was expecting similar on my GT50, but even tweaking the depth settings I've yet to see anything near what I saw on the VT30 - in fact hardly anything "pops" out of screen. I've watched enough 3D content now to eliminate the source material. Dissapointing!!

The PQ in 3D is great, nice and clear etc, but no pop :(

I agree!

When we went for a VT30 demo last year, the guy showed us the ability to alter the depth of the 3D effect; ranging from completely within the frame of the TV to almost all outside of the TV - for us the mix of both was just right. What a great feature we thought.

I was expecting similar on my GT50, but even tweaking the depth settings I've yet to see anything near what I saw on the VT30 - in fact hardly anything "pops" out of screen. I've watched enough 3D content now to eliminate the source material. Dissapointing!!

The PQ in 3D is great, nice and clear etc, but no pop :(
very strange.. Both my st50 and vt50 have exactly the same 3d quality as my vt30 had..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom