The Panasonic 2011 Thread (Part 2)

the reports on the GT30 don't sound good so far, been reading up about that brightness fluctuation too and it sounds really bad. Im sure they could fix that with a firmware update if they really wanted too but knowing panasonic they wont.

the reports on the GT30 don't sound good so far, been reading up about that brightness fluctuation too and it sounds really bad. Im sure they could fix that with a firmware update if they really wanted too but knowing panasonic they wont.

I believe thats just another name for floating blacks? also from reading stuff(what there is) tho its still there, its been improved on. Have to say for a good while I was wondering what the fuss was about, I only had it a couple of times, then recently I had it during most of Monsters on bluray.:eek::thumbsdow

Is there anyone who has seen Formula 1 on VT20 or any of the Pana 2010 range and noticed the 50 hz problem? I'm a big fan of Formula 1, so if anyone could tell me if you can see the 50 hz problem while watching Formula 1, I'd would be very pleased. :lease: If it's very noticeable, i'm not going to buy the VT30!

I know I would use the thx setting anyway but it's a shame the floating blacks are there at all :(

is it the same as floating blacks though from what ive read its not the same but something equally as bad. At the end of the day you can only really tell how much it annoys you when you have the set in your home.
Hoping that the VT30 reviews and impressions start soon as im wondering if these things effect that set as much.

Is there anyone who has seen Formula 1 on VT20 or any of the Pana 2010 range and noticed the 50 hz problem?
In case it isn't obvious the motion in the so-called 50 Hz motion bug refers to movement across the frame rather than to the motion of whatever is being videoed, and so the bug isn't especially evident in F1 coverage because it typically features pans of moving cars that don't travel across the frame.

In case it isn't obvious the motion in the so-called 50 Hz motion bug refers to movement across the frame rather than to the motion of whatever is being videoed, and so the bug isn't especially evident in F1 coverage because it typically features pans of moving cars that don't travel across the frame.

OH... Thank you very much :)

Is there anyone who has seen Formula 1 on VT20 or any of the Pana 2010 range and noticed the 50 hz problem? I'm a big fan of Formula 1, so if anyone could tell me if you can see the 50 hz problem while watching Formula 1, I'd would be very pleased. :lease: If it's very noticeable, i'm not going to buy the VT30!

I'll be watching the footy on my GT30 tonight on ITV so that should show up any 50hz issues i'd imagine. What exactly am I looking for? Edges breaking up around players / while panning?

had brightness fluctuations on my WL768 (now refunded) due to backlight algorithm being subpar (trying to acheive good blacks at the expense of consistent operation). It was the 2nd most annoying thing on the TV after clouding. I could never live with another TV that 'fluctuates' in scenes in that way, it drove me crazy and shouldn't be tolerated!

I'll be watching the footy on my GT30 tonight on ITV so that should show up any 50hz issues i'd imagine. What exactly am I looking for? Edges breaking up around players / while panning?

Look at the centre line on the pitch as play develops - you may see what appear to be ghost lines left & right of centre pitch line,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1975

Have to sat i saw the g30 and gt30, best looking Panasonic for many years, miles ahead of my V20, have owned my tv from launch last year.

Back to this years models didn't think the image quality was that much better:cool:, but the 50hz issue was still there although not as bad.

Had a good play with it.

But as Gadget Lover says the Samsung's look amazing, especially the D9000 series with its stainless steel look:eek::eek:

Quote >>> Scooby2000

Did you compare the G30 and GT30? I've only seen the GT30 and was quite impressed by it, wondering if the pro filter makes much of a difference.

Reply>>>
Sorry for late reply.

Simple answer no:(, as they were kept far apart so couldn't get a direct comparison
But overall the GT30 was better going by they were showing the same thing.

Wanted to play with them a bit longer, but store manager thought i was up to no good.

Wonder why lol ;);)

Righto, watched the footy last night. The 50hz bug is there (cheers KenVal & Dr Spoon for pointing out what to look for). If I hadn't been specifically looking for tho it I wouldn't have noticed it tbh, it's fairly subtle. It's more noticeable on close ups of faces when they're moving across the screen. Whether it's improved from last years I dunno because I haven't seen last years sets to compare, however although its not too bad it's still a definite issue that shouldn't be present on a set of this price. I'm looking forward to seeing if panasonic communicate anything to Phil regarding this now they know about it.

Additionally I'll need something to test the brightness fluctuations that D-Nice has commented on over at hidefjunkies - it sounds like they definitely need fixing. I'm hoping Dave @ hdtvttest is right when he says it doesn't happen on THX mode on the UK sets.

I have also noticed a slight line across the screen about a third of the way from the bottom, you can only see it when looking down at the screen from a steep angle and it's showing something stable and bright (like the slides) so it's not really an issue but its deffo there, perhaps its the way the filter it attached? I'll try and get photos.

I've got the Costco 90 days return policy so that gives me plenty of time to see if panasonic are committed to fixing these issues. If not then I might return it on principle if nothing else.

Overall the pq is pretty good, especially on games (haven't watched and blu rays yet) and ive not noticed any image retention (despite my mate leaving cod paused while we had chinese, the muppet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1975 [URL=http://forums.images.vb.static-avforums.com/buttons/viewpost.gif]image

[/URL]
Have to sat i saw the g30 and gt30, best looking Panasonic for many years, miles ahead of my V20, have owned my tv from launch last year.

Back to this years models didn't think the image quality was that much better:cool:, but the 50hz issue was still there although not as bad.

Had a good play with it.

But as Gadget Lover says the Samsung's look amazing, especially the D9000 series with its stainless steel look:eek::eek:

Quote >>> Scooby2000

Did you compare the G30 and GT30? I've only seen the GT30 and was quite impressed by it, wondering if the pro filter makes much of a difference.

Reply>>>
Sorry for late reply.

Simple answer no:(, as they were kept far apart so couldn't get a direct comparison
But overall the GT30 was better going by they were showing the same thing.

Wanted to play with them a bit longer, but store manager thought i was up to no good.

Wonder why lol ;);)

:laugh::smashin: cheers. I feel eyes burning in the back of my head when I go looking at sets, they know I'm not buying now.:laugh:

Just ordered my TX-P50VT30 here in Switzerland as an upgrade to my calibrated TX-42PZ85EA.
£1,989.90 delivered.
Can't wait.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom