pioneer lx5090 blinking status

grepmonkey

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a new 5090, 2 weeks old. Its been great, but yesterday the status light was blinking (blue).

I powered off TV waited a minute (as per the manual) and it all came on again ok.
10 mins later I noticed a series of diagonal white pixels across the screen ,hard to spot unless there is a lot of dark on the screen. If I stick the TV on standby after about 5 seconds the red status light goes blue and starts blinking. I can clear it by powering off the set again.
This is now happening constantly. I have noticed that if I get the home menu up the diagonal lines go again for a few minutes then return.

If I take the plug out and wait a couple of minutes same results - but the problem comes back.

Does anyone have any ideas? Have I setsomething somewhere I shouldnt have?
This happens regardless of input - sky (scart) or ps3 (HDMI) or the digital tuner.

Can anyone suggest any thing - or can I run any diagnostics?

Thanks

It's time to call in your dealer and get it replaced (2 weeks old I'd expecta replacement rather than a repair).

Does anyone have any ideas? Have I setsomething somewhere I shouldnt have?
This happens regardless of input - sky (scart) or ps3 (HDMI) or the digital tuner.

Can anyone suggest any thing - or can I run any diagnostics?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum grepmonkey. :smashin:
Agree with arad85,looks like you've got a faulty TV on your hands. :(
Get onto your dealer.

I too have had the exact same problem as you describe. Only had the TV 8 days, so dissapointed as I was very pleased with the picture.

Will call dealer today.

Any update on your outcome?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom