Does the TH37PW7BX scart carry sound?

A

apgibbo

Folks,

I'm trying to make my plasma more user friendly for the wife so she can "just" watch tv without a million buttons. Got a flashy remote and all sorts but she swears blind that I keep changing the buttons (funny how her not listening and watchins is my fault)

Anyway I'm using sky through RGB scart - the PQ is fine but when I get some speakers on the weekend - will sound be carried through? if not is ther any answers? If yes then a happy wife.

Thanks,

Adrian

Thanks for the reply - looks like I'll have one happy wife as she loves the screen.

What is it with wives and remotes? I programmed my remote so that one button switches on the Panny, the AV amp and the NTL box. Same button switches them all off.

But trying to get my wife to point the remote at the Panny/AV amp/NTL box long enough for the macro to run from start to finish is impossible.

Result: When she attempts to switch everything off any combination of the three don't get switched off. She comes back later pushes the button and, of course, the remote switches on what is off and the ones that weren't switched off the previous time get switched off.

After that confusion reigns amid manic button pressing followed by a call on my mobile if I'm out of the house.

And she's the only person who has been able to find a way to totally confuse the auto-aspect switcher too.

And don't get me started on the DVD recorder.....

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Hang on a minute - were not married to the same woman are we ;)

What you have described is exactly why I'm getting some speakers.

I've got MS - almost blind hence dont get out much - but as soon as I am outside of earshot - something gets screwed - will we ever win?

Adrian

Hi
I know this is a bit off topic as well but, my wife used to have the same problem with my Marantz RC2000 remote.
I have just got a Harmony 655.. My wife loves it.
It is the first time she has been able to watch a dvd without me having to switch everything on.
Also if somthing does not switch on she can press the help button. this takes her step by step what should be switched on,
and if somthing is not as it should be, it sorts it..
Clever remote :)

The Harmony 880 looks even better, and should be imminently available in the uk see here

Hi Adrian
I bought mine from Dixons!! yes Dixons.
they are selling them off at £69.99

By the way all the harmony remote controls do the same thing. It is the layout of buttons that is different.
some have more or less hard buttons.
The infrared transmitter on the 655 is far better than my old remote,
you can nearly point it anywhere in the room and it will still work.

If you have not seen what they can do have a look Here

Kevin

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom