PANASONIC TX-P42V10E pictures ....

yeah good point. My local dealer doesnt even have any news on it yet?

silly question how comes the panasonic dealers have not got the TX-P42V10B in stock but John Lewis has ????

Afternoon

Panasonic released stock to John Lewis ahead of the independant Panasonic dealers. We have been told that dealers that have pre-orders in will get their stock this week (both the 42" and 50").

Regards

Alastair:hiya:

Afternoon

Panasonic released stock to John Lewis ahead of the independant Panasonic dealers. We have been told that dealers that have pre-orders in will get their stock this week (both the 42" and 50").

Regards

Alastair:hiya:

cheers Alastair :thumbsup:....going to JL this weekend to pick up a 42V10B fingers crossed

Last edited:
cheers Alastair :thumbsup:....going to JL this weekend to pick up a 42V10B fingers crossed

mine is a B from John Lewis sheffield - picked it up last Saturday.

silly question how comes the panasonic dealers have not got the TX-P42V10B in stock but John Lewis has ????

OP has got the TX-P42V10E (euro) version wll JL have that verion or the B

JL supply the B model, got mine also off them on Saturday

...and Greyscale and Gamma adjustments :suicide:
Yeah i don't really need that though:devil: but whatever it is i don't understand why they took them of our version (i've already read that thread about what Pana UK HQ's comments):)

Thanks guys.... i spoke to JL today they are in stock :clap::clap: ..and on display as well :smashin:

...and Greyscale and Gamma adjustments :suicide:

David

once again in Europe, Panasonic doesn´t includes the orbiter function in their tv plasmas.

How about retentions or possible screenburns in this model? I think this model is amazing, but I fear about image retention.

Some people say that in Europe, Panasonic plasmas have the orbiter in the service menu, so it can´t be desactivated. Is that true?

I love this tv, but possible screenburn scares me.

What can you tell us about this problem?

Thanks.

David

once again in Europe, Panasonic doesn´t includes the orbiter function in their tv plasmas.

How about retentions or possible screenburns in this model? I think this model is amazing, but I fear about image retention.

Some people say that in Europe, Panasonic plasmas have the orbiter in the service menu, so it can´t be desactivated. Is that true?

I love this tv, but possible screenburn scares me.

What can you tell us about this problem?

Thanks.

All European models have the 'orbiter' switched on permanently, as they have done for many years. Panasonic call this 'wobbling'. Check the spec for the tv you are interested in on Panasonic's website and you will see it there.

All European models have the 'orbiter' switched on permanently, as they have done for many years. Panasonic call this 'wobbling'. Check the spec for the tv you are interested in on Panasonic's website and you will see it there.

In the US manuals appears not only the orbiter, even another anti IR protections.

In the european Panasonic webs, I can´t find what you say. In the Spanish manual for this model, doesn´t include this orbiter or wobbling (In Spanish web Forodvd someone posted the manual).

Can you give us some more information, please?

Thank you.

Hi.

In the spanish forum forodvd, one user asked Panasonic about Cinematic Playback (USA) and Smooth Film (Europe). They answered when the input is 24p with Cinematic Playback plays to 96Hz while Smooth Film plays to 56 Hz.

Moreover, if you visit the website of Panasonic for V10 in USA (V series (Plasma) | PRODUCT | VIERA | PDP&LCD TV | Panasonic) and Europe (V series (Plasma) | PRODUCT | VIERA | PDP&LCD TV | Panasonic) the explanation for Cinematic Playback and Smooth Film is different.

Can someone confirm the European V10 plays 24p sources to 56?

Thanks.

Hi.

In the spanish forum forodvd, one user asked Panasonic about Cinematic Playback (USA) and Smooth Film (Europe). They answered when the input is 24p with Cinematic Playback plays to 96Hz while Smooth Film plays to 56 Hz.

Moreover, if you visit the website of Panasonic for V10 in USA (V series (Plasma) | PRODUCT | VIERA | PDP&LCD TV | Panasonic) and Europe (V series (Plasma) | PRODUCT | VIERA | PDP&LCD TV | Panasonic) the explanation for Cinematic Playback and Smooth Film is different.

Can someone confirm the European V10 plays 24p sources to 56?

Thanks.

Last year's V10 equivalent (PZ800) in Europe displayed 1080/24p sources at 96Hz unless 24p Real Cinema was switched on, when the tv then displayed at 60Hz with frame interpolation. The V10 also displays 24p sources at 96Hz. When 24p Smooth Film is switched on, the tv displays at either 60Hz or 100Hz, although I am still waiting for confirmation from Panasonic about this last point.

They definitely do not display at 56Hz.

Last year's V10 equivalent (PZ800) in Europe displayed 1080/24p sources at 96Hz unless 24p Real Cinema was switched on, when the tv then displayed at 60Hz with frame interpolation. The V10 also displays 24p sources at 96Hz. When 24p Smooth Film is switched on, the tv displays at either 60Hz or 100Hz, although I am still waiting for confirmation from Panasonic about this last point.

They definitely do not display at 56Hz.

Thanks.

I am surprised, V10 uses 60Hz when Smooth Film is activated, I prefer it plays Blurays in 96. it is better, not?

Are those plasmas prone to burns? Sometimes I play to Killzone 2 (FPS) from 2 to 4 hours, I don't want to be worried by burning.

My other dude is the quality of the SD (Freesat, in Spain is TDT), I'll be to 2-2,2m of the tv, I'm afraid the quality be bad. I proved a Samsung B6000 and the quality of SD was good but I read with Panasonic the SD quality is other story.

Thanks.

Are those plasmas prone to burns? Sometimes I play to Killzone 2 (FPS) from 2 to 4 hours, I don't want to be worried by burning.
Panasonics are quite resistant to Image retention or Screen burn, but take the occasional break (normal tv) or turn down the settings to prevent this from happening.:)

Thanks.

I am surprised, V10 uses 60Hz when Smooth Film is activated, I prefer it plays Blurays in 96. it is better, not?

Thanks.
It does, just dont use IFC, it will then play back 24p at 96Hz.

Thanks.

My other dude is the quality of the SD (Freesat, in Spain is TDT), I'll be to 2-2,2m of the tv, I'm afraid the quality be bad. I proved a Samsung B6000 and the quality of SD was good but I read with Panasonic the SD quality is other story.

Thanks.

KILLZONE 2 is very burn in friendly. worst case scenario. plus i am sure that v10 can handle the grain
better in motion.

KILLZONE 2 is very burn in friendly. worst case scenario. plus i am sure that v10 can handle the grain
better in motion.

:confused: sorry what do you mean burn in friendly it does burn the V10 on KZ2 or not

"Burn in friendly" means that the game has been designed to avoid burn-in happening. So, score counters, on-screen displays, etc., will not stay on the screen permanently.

"Burn in friendly" means that the game has been designed to avoid burn-in happening. So, score counters, on-screen displays, etc., will not stay on the screen permanently.

Thanks for the comment, I neither knew the meaning. :D

I want to make you a question, I apologize for the annoyances. In your opinion, which is the quality of the digital tuner integrated for SD (TDT, similar to freesat)? Does it shows a good quality?

I am very worried by this point of the tv because in your review you recommend an external decoder and I'll sit to 2,2 meters of distance.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom