The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Pt3 "..took an arrow to the knee"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Skyrim threads are flying!!!

Continued from here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/pc-gaming/1543811-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-part-2-a.html

Last few posts:

Depends - if you are being attacked by city guards because you committed a crime (they seem to have supernatural detective skills!), then you can just sheath your weapon and they should accept your surrender. Then you pay a fine or do some stir and your record is clean.

If its just some other random person you pee'd off then just go explore a couple of other random dungeons or mines and level up a bit, then you should be able to see them off.

Might be a glitch though, there are more than a few, but I don't remember seeing anything that broke the main plot line.

I just wandered around for hours levelling up before even going to Whiterun - it's really easy to get distracted. The main quests will always be waiting for you later.

What's the Max level?

It's definitely the guards attacking me :(. Must be because of the dog I killed.

If I go elsewhere and level up, will the guards keep attacking me until they arrest me?

Mod Lists and Ini Settings

I have put together a list of all mods I'm currently running, so if anyone is interested here is the link.

Skyrim mod list - Google Spreadsheet

I have set it out in mod type and added links to all mods over at Skyrim Nexus if you are interested in using them.

Some sample pics are here

Here you go lads who want the ini file settings

http://www.avforums.com/forums/15929809-post956.html

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got some hired goons keep appearing apparently cos i stole something off some dude i've never heard of. I know this to be true as i have never been caught stealing. Is this a bug or what?

Its not a bug necessarily. You will get unwanted attention/aggro now and then as your reputation grows in Skyrim. They will soon regret messing with you ;)

Is this redeemable in Steam? If I get bought this for Christmas (which I am hoping I will get) can I just go enter the product code and download this via Steam instead?

Is this redeemable in Steam? If I get bought this for Christmas (which I am hoping I will get) can I just go enter the product code and download this via Steam instead?

Game is a Steamworks game so you have to use Steam.

Game is a Steamworks game so you have to use Steam.

I'm new to all of this, does that mean it downloads and manages everything via steam even if I get the DVD?

I'm new to all of this, does that mean it downloads and manages everything via steam even if I get the DVD?

You can install it via the DVD but you'd probably struggle to...

You have to do some command line trickery.

CMD Prompt for a Windows x86-64 (X64) environment:

Code:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\
Steam.exe -Install D:

Or type this into 'Run'

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install D:

You'd have to do something along those lines...

You may also have to change the filepath to steam if you're running in a 64-bit environment:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe

As an example.

Last edited:

As Jambo has said you can install via DVD, or download and Steam will keep game updated with all patches.

I've got some hired goons keep appearing apparently cos i stole something off some dude i've never heard of. I know this to be true as i have never been caught stealing. Is this a bug or what?

I had a Dark Brotherhood after me for apparently stealing from an inn. And I had a band of mercenaries with pretty powerful enchanted weapons chase me about one of the villages. Luckily I haven't been seen to be stealing recently. Well, better at sneaking now anyway! :D

wheres this redguard woman in whiterun?? ive searched everywhere and cant find her. i think it was the first mission i was given as soon as i entered whiterun for the first time, from some gang from rorikstead.

must say i was struggling to get into this for ages just doing bits here and there. the struggle for money has been an issue and finally now ive saved enough gold to buy my first house in whiterun so i ve got somewhere to store my stuff at last, was getting sick of being close to the limit of weight all the time with some decent items. problem is that ive had to not buy any skill training off everyone ive come across and now i cant remember where they are:(

ive just reached lvl 17 after 30 odd hours of play and im finally starting to hold my own during a fight though ive not killed a dragon yet, except for the main quest bound one. ive still got to go see the greybeards yet too and i havent even joined a guild yet either. im just lost in the world getting sidetracked all the time :D

problem now is im starting to see more and more bugs and the landscape issue is getting worse now. its started to just disappear right infront of my face and ive started getting some CTDs which i werent getting before the patch.

Just Google Skyrim trainers if you want to know where they all are.

I've been using 2 handed all game (level 74) but I'm discovering that 1 handed with a shield is actually much better. Not really leveled 1 handed much but still seem to get a good few critical strikes and I'm only using an enchanted steel sword with 21 damage. Also rocking full steel plate armour now, looks badass :cool:

I have all the gear for Orc and ebony as well but there's no point equipping it until I can unlock the smith perks for them. Ebony looks pretty mean though.

With the disc all you do is install it as normal as long as you have Steam already. Then once it's installed from the disc Steam controls everything.

I managed to get round the guard issue I was having at the start, I remembered there was auto saves. The guards aren't attacking me now though I just completely glitched out in Whiterun. I stole some food and attacked a guard then tried to hide. Then suddenly despite pressing nothing I started like flying through the air lol.

Was I just unlucky or is this game buggy as hell? Reminds me of Hidden and Dangerous 1 on the PC (going back a few years) where totally crazy things could happen at any time.

Loving this game. level 12 now but i have a stupid bounty on me and the guy im suppose to deliver some false documents tells me that i have to either pay 1k of gold, got to jail or fight him. i chose to fight him but the bastard wont die. He simply cannot die even if all his health is gone. probably because his part of a quest objective :(

I got the bounty when i was in some "inn" getting the original documents fom the Stormcloud people and they guy wanted to fight me so i killed him plus the owner of the "inn" LMAO.

i had a message popped up saying i have a 40 bounty on me but it then later said i have killed all witnesses so i though im good to go :)

i guess not :(

im working for the imperior crew. my plan is to earn their trust and then kill the general/leader and take control of imperior. They are the ones who try to kill u in the beginning of the game. Is that achievable? My mate said he took control of whiterun in a similar fashion.

I'm was about 12 hours in and went for a wander at night. In the distance is could see flames shooting and took a closer look which ended up being 2 apprentice mages, one fire and one ice scrapping it out. The fire mage won and then went for me so i smoked him, then about 4 hours later, i'm level 10 and i've just left the shack you wake up in when you're introduced to the DB, when 3 mages attack me at random, one fire, one ice and one sparks, is this normal mage behaviour?

I'm was about 12 hours in and went for a wander at night. In the distance is could see flames shooting and took a closer look which ended up being 2 apprentice mages, one fire and one ice scrapping it out. The fire mage won and then went for me so i smoked him, then about 4 hours later, i'm level 10 and i've just left the shack you wake up in when you're introduced to the DB, when 3 mages attack me at random, one fire, one ice and one sparks, is this normal mage behaviour?

Mages are generally short tempered. Especially if you make fun of their robes - they're really childish and can't take a joke.

In seriousness, look at their descriptions when searching for loot; usually they are "bandit" types etc. Else, they might have a letter on them, that explains a bounty is on your head and so on :)

I've already had some hired goons who were tooled up warrior types come after me. I guess i never throught they'd try send mages next! At least whoever has it in for me is nothing if not creative in his choice of assassins.

I saw a post from eiren a while back with.ini settings. Is there an update to this i.e. anyone else got some they can share? Game arriving soon, and will be reading tweak guides galore, but if someone has some tried and tested settings I would appreciate it. Be gentle with me.....it's my first Oblivion game

New patch installed. Not yet loaded up but I like the last line in the info Bethesda gave out on the blog....

Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)

• General stability improvements
  • Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
  • Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
  • Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
  • Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
  • Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
  • Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
We’re also planning on rolling out support for 4-Gigabyte Tuning (Large Address Aware) next week for our PC users. Stay tuned!

An official 4GB address patch! :smashin: They do listen after all lol :D

New patch installed. Not yet loaded up but I like the last line in the info Bethesda gave out on the blog....

An official 4GB address patch! :smashin: They do listen after all lol :D

Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)

Why only Core 2 Duo chips? lol My Sandy Bridge is begging for a challenge and Skyrim can't step up to the plate.

Last edited:
Played about 65 hrs now and have only been doing the misc quests and the companion and theives guild quests todate. Will try the bard and mage quests next, but, haven't touched any of the main story line except the first one. How huge is this game :0

Not had any bugs or issues I'm aware off, but, have had a few CTD's in those 65 hrs.

This gets my vote for game of the year!

Played about 65 hrs now and have only been doing the misc quests and the companion and theives guild quests todate. Will try the bard and mage quests next, but, haven't touched any of the main story line except the first one. How huge is this game :0

Not had any bugs or issues I'm aware off, but, have had a few CTD's in those 65 hrs.

This gets my vote for game of the year!

I've put 22 hours in and the only crash I had was when the game tried to update when I loaded the game via Steam.

I think I loaded Steam, loaded Skyrim, it got to the menu, it crashed down and updated. Weird.

Other than that, the only other crashes I've had are when my gfx card has been a little too hot cause it's OC'd to the eye balls!

I left my fan control on 'Auto' on the Sapphire TriXX program, resulting in the fan speed not going above 15% even when the temp was 69C and the gfx drivers died :rolleyes: I've had some bad crashes thanks to me forgetting to set a 'Custom' fan setting.

I forgot to do it on Arkham City the other night, I got 8 hours of gameplay before it overheated though :smashin: Gotta love the ASUS DirectCU II cooler!! (Not going above 70C, even at 15% fan speed)

The usual speed is about 30%, still nearly silent and it brings the temp down to 60-ish Centigrade. If the card goes to 70C the speed instantly goes up to 80%!

Last edited:
Is there anything I could use to reset my skill tree? I have skills in daggers AND bows, as well as stealth/smithing. I feel I should have concentrated on bows and not bother with daggers, some places i'm finding it hard to do any damage with bows once i get seen.

think i might use this

player.addperk <variable> - ( 000581e7 for Augmented Flames level 1 ; "player.addperk 000581e7")

(To find the perk id type 'help "perk name" 4', then add each level in order). Make sure to put double quotes around perks with a space in them. (This also works with items if you needs to find out their code.)

Some perk id's are listed at Console Perk Codes
This command is currently glitched and the perks might not take effect.

player.removeperk <variable> - Removes a learned perk; does not return the point used to gain the perk. Useful for manually respec-ing your character if you have misallocated a perk.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Perk_Codes_(Skyrim)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom