We've seen the mid-range and now it's time for Denons entry-level offerings in the £179.99 PMA-520AE and £179.99 DCD-520AE stereo amplifier and CD player.
As with the models we previewed here yesterday both newcomers benefit from extensive European sound tuning plus a cosmetic update paired with a newly developed remote handset .
The PMA-520AE amp features new High-Current Single-Push-Pull circuitry to achieve both strength and detail when playing music, which is Denon's focus for its pure audio amplifiers. New high quality speaker terminals offer the best connection possible at this price point, according to Denon.
To reproduce the original sound, the DCD-520AE CD player employs a wide range of proprietary audio technology from Denon and incorporates a 'high quality' 32bit/192kHz digital to analogue converter.
The PMA-520AE and DCD-720AE will be available in a black and premium silver
colour finish from June onwards.
At a glance:
PMA-520AE Integrated Amplifier:
• 70 W x 2ch (4 ohms)
• Advanced High Current (HC) Single-Push-Pull Circuit to balance musical detail
• Wide dynamic range playback, supporting high-grade audio sources
• Main transformer with separate power supplies for analogue and digital circuits
• Microprocessor stop mode for higher sound quality
• Vibration-resistant design with Direct Mechanical Ground Construction
• 1 pair of high quality speaker terminals
• Phono Equalizer Amp (MM), for connecting an analogue record player
• Headphone jack
• Eco friendly with less than 0.3 W at standby and auto power off
• Aluminium panel design
DCD-520AE CD Player:
• High precision 32-bit 192 kHz D/A converter
• DAC-Master Clock design
• CD-R/CD-RW playback (MP3, WMA)
• Thoroughly vibration-resistant design with Direct Mechanical Ground Construction
• Original Denon Mechanism with central assembly drawer unit
• Carefully designed construction to preserve audio signal purity
• Minimum signal path design
• Strictly selected parts for high sound quality
• Folder Mode function, for playing only files stored in specific folders
• Aluminium panel design, befitting the elegance of an audio component