JAWS - The US Divers Aqualung.

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what finally landed today.

The Rare 1970's US Divers Aqualung with the Professional label. Been after one of these for a good while now and I'm not disappointed. This thing is heavy, no wonder Quint lost his grip when it crushed his hand. :eek:

Customs stung me but I don't care, its awesome.

IMG_1239_zps518afb6a.jpg

Hooper-s-Air-Tank_zpse2f5d4f9.jpg

IMG_1232_zpsa24addba.jpg

IMG_1238_zps8d347fee.jpg

IMG_1235_zps047e1391.jpg

IMG_1236_zps2740a3bf.jpg

IMG_1237_zps56c86276.jpg

IMG_1241_zps554c66e4.jpg

Excellent find goes well with the barrel :)

That's brilliant, i love it :cool:

You need Larry Vaughn's anchor jacket next mate or see if you can grab the Chrissie Buoy from Hollander ;)

You need Larry Vaughn's anchor jacket next mate or see if you can grab the Chrissie Buoy from Hollander ;)

Lol Richard, I'll skip on the jacket mate. I think Erik's had that Buoy since he was 18, Lynn and Susan gave it to him :).

That's so cool. That and the barrel look awesome together. Full size Bruce one day?!

Can I ask what makes Jaws so special to you, don't get me wrong I'm not having a go as we all a film that is theirs so to speak, mine been the Star Wars as its the first one I remember queuing with my dad for and years later I took him to see ROTS at 6am so we came full circle together. Oh and I love the props by the way.

That's so cool. That and the barrel look awesome together. Full size Bruce one day?!

Lol, I wish :D

Can I ask what makes Jaws so special to you, don't get me wrong I'm not having a go as we all a film that is theirs so to speak, mine been the Star Wars as its the first one I remember queuing with my dad for and years later I took him to see ROTS at 6am so we came full circle together. Oh and I love the props by the way.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I was six years old in 1981, the year that Jaws was shown on UK TV for the first time. My father said to my mother and I that we have to watch it "it's a cracker!".

I remember the TV broadcast being a really big deal and there was also a buzz round school about it.

The night of the showing the three of us sat there and the opening notes of John Williams famous score was enough to scare the life out of me. I remember thinking the scene where the tiger shark had been caught was the end of the movie lol. My father said its not quite finished yet! :eek:

By the end of Jaws I was both terrified and hooked at the same time. I remember us getting our first VCR, a Philips 2000, and begging my mother to rent Jaws from the shop only to be told and horrified that Jaws wasn't available on the 2000 format.

Not long after we managed to record Jaws off the TV and I wore out the third act of the movie.

Years later I was bought a VHS version for Christmas and I wore that out too :D

So that's where it all started, I love everything about the movie and get totally caught up in the movie every time I watch it.

Ian, Just for the record I was hatched in 75 too (what a great year!) everything is virtually identical, Especially about the showing on TV in '81. We even used to have a game at my school called JAWS which we played on the climbing frames Lol!!

Had the old CIC VHS which I wore out, The same for Jaws 2 a few years later.

VHS
VHS (widescreen)
VHS (Widescreen 20th anniversary with T-shirt from Our Price)
Laserdisc
Signature Edition Laserdisc with CD, Novel and about 5 discs for 1 film)
DVD 25th Anniversary
DVD 30th Anniversary R1
DVD 30th Anniversary R2 special edition with CD, Lobby cards etc...
Blu-Ray (US)
Blu-ray (UK)
Blu-Ray (Dutch Digibook)
Blu-Ray (UK Steelbook)

And so on and on ;)

Lol Richard we did the play ground thing too. A variation on tig where the frame was a safe spot.

I still have the worn out VHS tape in the loft along with countless other versions that you have listed.

Makes you wonder how we will be watching the movie in another 10 years, God willing!

In 10 yrs time hopefully there will be holographic 3D imaging were we can actually get on the ORCA and compare scars, Perhaps we can drink to our legs :laugh:

In 10 yrs time hopefully there will be holographic 3D imaging were we can actually get on the ORCA and compare scars, Perhaps we can drink to our legs :laugh:

Lol, save me a seat!

Love the collection.
Jaws is one of my all time favourite films. I still remember the reaction of the cinema audience when the head rolled out of the boat.

I was lucky enough to meet Robert Shaw at the British Open at Southport in 1976 (I was 8 at the time) He shook my hand and signed an autograph (Best Wishes, Robert Shaw), which hopefully I have still got somewhere. I remember him being a giant of a man, but I was only small lol.

Love the collection.
Jaws is one of my all time favourite films. I still remember the reaction of the cinema audience when the head rolled out of the boat.

I was lucky enough to meet Robert Shaw at the British Open at Southport in 1976 (I was 8 at the time) He shook my hand and signed an autograph (Best Wishes, Robert Shaw), which hopefully I have still got somewhere. I remember him being a giant of a man, but I was only small lol.

Thank you and that's a really cool story about Robert Shaw. :)

Simply having this stuff so you can enjoy looking at it is what this is all about. But I can't help wondering what the house clearance guys will think when they find this stuff after you've popped your cloggs.

Simply having this stuff so you can enjoy looking at it is what this is all about. But I can't help wondering what the house clearance guys will think when they find this stuff after you've popped your cloggs.

Your not the only one to mention such a thing Stuart. However, by that point I wont care! :D

Unfortunately I can see the barrels ending up in someone's garden, cut in half and used for plant pots.

To be honest I have a ten year old niece who knows what this stuff is about as she has seen the movie a couple of times now. They will be entrusted to her in the future should anything happen to the wife and I. She can do what she wants with them and hopefully make a few quid in the process.

Think you devaluaded ur barrels when u painted them sadly.

Last edited:
Well I never did anything with the third black barrel I have as I wanted to keep one black to represent what it was used for in the production of the movie. Ultimately the value of the items is quite irrelevant to me personally as I will never willingly part with them through my lifetime.

A couple of barrels sprayed up have managed to fetch a good few quid on eBay, however.

Lol, I wish :D

Thanks for the comments guys.

I was six years old in 1981, the year that Jaws was shown on UK TV for the first time. My father said to my mother and I that we have to watch it "it's a cracker!".

I remember the TV broadcast being a really big deal and there was also a buzz round school about it.

The night of the showing the three of us sat there and the opening notes of John Williams famous score was enough to scare the life out of me. I remember thinking the scene where the tiger shark had been caught was the end of the movie lol. My father said its not quite finished yet! :eek:

By the end of Jaws I was both terrified and hooked at the same time. I remember us getting our first VCR, a Philips 2000, and begging my mother to rent Jaws from the shop only to be told and horrified that Jaws wasn't available on the 2000 format.

Not long after we managed to record Jaws off the TV and I wore out the third act of the movie.

Years later I was bought a VHS version for Christmas and I wore that out too :D

So that's where it all started, I love everything about the movie and get totally caught up in the movie every time I watch it.

I wasn't born until Dec 1981! I can't remember when I first saw Jaws, but I was probably 10 or 11. It was about that age, towards the end of primary school, that I started getting into sharks, watching Attenborough docs on them, reading shark books, etc. So one evening Jaws was on TV, or on video I can't remember, and my dad said I could watch it so long as he watched it with me. So there we sat, and as you say John William's opening score getting the arm hairs up. Anyway, we got to the scene where Hooper and Brody discover Ben Gardner's boat, and Hooper plucks the shot-glass tooth from the hull - only for Ben's head to appear. I left the sofa - directly upwards. My dad roared with laughter, then got up and went to leave the room. I asked where he was going, and he said he I was old enough tho watch it on my own, he just wanted to see my reaction to that scene!

It's probably my favourite movie of all time, or at least in my top 3 or 4 (with The Exorcist, Jurassic Park and Top Gun) and I've lost count of how many times I've seen it. I've just read your threads about your Jaws memorabilia, and I'm suitably impressed. Nice work indeed!

Great memories there, watching the movie with your Father. My Father is no longer with us and watching Jaws with him, all those years ago, is a memory I'll treasure for ever. A huge moment in my life.

I remember going to watch jaws in the cinema with my parents (I was 8 in 1976) and we somehow managed to miss the opening attack.

I don't think I saw that scene for many years and I still think it is the most disturbing part of the movie.

I remember going to watch jaws in the cinema with my parents (I was 8 in 1976) and we somehow managed to miss the opening attack.

I don't think I saw that scene for many years and I still think it is the most disturbing part of the movie.
My Old Fella always said the same, because of how it plays with your mind. Quints Death scared the hell out of me personally.

My sister told me the story of her friend who at the ben gardener bit at the cinema went into shock and has no recollection of the rest of the film

Jaws has successfully ruined every holiday I have ever been on that is near a beach all over the world. Der Dum , normally starts once im past waist deep water.

It has also made me to know all about sharks and what to look for etc to the point I could be a marine biologist

I figure a just have to outswim the wife while she splashes about and looks like a seal

one of the greatest films ever

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom