JAWS -The Teeth.

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys.

I have a friend who lives out in California who owns a pretty nice piece of Jaws Memorabilia. He owns the original Mold that was used to cast the resin & rubber teeth for Bruce the shark in Jaws.

The Mold is obviously very old and very brittle now but my friend wanted to run a set of teeth for me and 'unbelievably' took a risk in using the Mold again.

The slightly larger tooth with no plug on it is apparently what is known as the Shot glass tooth. Its a larger tooth that was cast for a bigger impact when Hooper removes the tooth from Ben Gardner's boat.

Awesome addition to the collection.

IMG_1619-1.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

Why does he not take a mould of the mould and use that for the moulding ?

Why does he not take a mould of the mould and use that for the moulding ?

He did that a while ago, but wanted to run them from the original Mold for me. Madness really but glad he did. :D

Cool addition to your growing Jaws collection. Are you going to get a display case for them?

Thanks DpM, I have been giving that some thought and was thinking about using a box frame to display them.

The same friend has given me instructions on how to age them too. I'm not too sure what to do, leave them as they are or have a go at ageing them. If I mess it up I'll be gutted.

Mr Quint said:
Thanks DpM, I have been giving that some thought and was thinking about using a box frame to display them.

The same friend has given me instructions on how to age them too. I'm not too sure what to do, leave them as they are or have a go at ageing them. If I mess it up I'll be gutted.

Well you did a cracking job on the barrel so no need to worry.

It would make them look better I think.

Was it a staining process he suggested?

Well you did a cracking job on the barrel so no need to worry.

It would make them look better I think.

Was it a staining process he suggested?

Thanks mate.

Yeah, a quick blast of bone white spray paint and a light sanding, then light wood stain on a cloth rubbed across the the tooth.

Great collectables. Your friend doesn't still do castings of the 'shot glass' tooth does he?

Al

Al, I would say no mate. :)

What do you think fellas? Finally had the guts to try weathering one as a test.

Fence panel paint applied with a rag then used the tooth to carefully chop a couple of slices of beetroot for my lunch lol.

IMG_2675.jpg

Great, just when I had worked up enough courage to get back in the water! :laugh:

Weathering looks perfect, I have a some shark jaws and you've nailed the colour, well done.

Great, just when I had worked up enough courage to get back in the water! :laugh:

Weathering looks perfect, I have a some shark jaws and you've nailed the colour, well done.

Cheers Viper, I'm going to do the rest this weekend mount them in a shadow box. :smashin:

Guys,

Inc the Shot glass tooth, here are eight weathered teeth, took me 20 mins at lunch time lol. Not 100% sure about adding a touch of crimson to the edges yet. I might leave that to the imagination.

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

Guys I need to clear something up here that had been brought to my attention over the weekend.

After communication with two key members of the Jaws fan community and back ground communication with Joe Alves (Jaws Production designer). It would seem that the large tooth (with no nub) that is in my original photos Above is NOT the Shot Glass Tooth that Hooper pulls from Ben Gardner's boat but is more likely a tooth cast for the Jaws 3D shark. It has been said by Joe Alves that there was no need to make a bigger tooth for the Ben Gardner scene and all they did was cast the largest tooth from the set and broke off the nub. With this new information I took one of the large teeth I had from the original photos (second in the row with nub) and made it into a Shot Glass tooth. I have to say it does look very screen accurate and I am Very happy with this, I was scared of messing it up lol.

My shot Glass tooth made as per information from the guys & Joe Alves. :)

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

Last edited:
there is an auction on soon . selling another original cast , gona try and get it..

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom