Jays Front Room Setup

jasmart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All, This is my first show of equipment. I spent a good six months getting inspiration from some of the setups here. I'm certainly no audiophile and to be honest the less cluttered the better for me. We've gone for simple and cheap (i.e. Amazon)!! There are some mood lights mounted at either side of the plasma that give it a nice cosy glow at night. They work off the universal remote. Well the rooms now finished, see the last picture for where we started from.

The equipment;
Samsung PS50A457P - 50" Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV - With Freeview £684.52
Samsung HT-TZ325R 5.1ch Home Cinema System - Black £204.20
Sky HD, Thomson Box
Playstation 3 with an upgraded 200 GB hard disk. This acts as my media server linked though TVersity to a Dell Core 2 Quad Q9400, 4GB Ram, Windows 7 machine.

Welcome your comments...

1zgubfr.jpg

oqabv4.jpg

2qa24cl.jpg

a0vxvt.jpg

fm5477.jpg

v6pwmh.jpg

2e0k5yh.jpg

28m0jkh.jpg

And the progression

intrp4.jpg

1e5a38.jpg

2rffozs.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely setup you there Jay!:thumbsup: Very classy looking. How's the audio from your Samsung 5.1 system? My bro was after an all in one solution and was asking me for some recommendations.

Lovely setup you there Jay!:thumbsup: Very classy looking. How's the audio from your Samsung 5.1 system? My bro was after an all in one solution and was asking me for some recommendations.
Thank you, I'm finding the sound great. The bass is solid from the sub, the centre speaker seems to deliver very crisp audio too. They use some Bio Kelp system (gimmick probably) for the speakers and they do sound a lot better than my old pioneer all in one.

Hi Jasmart - nice setup there. I am about to mount my Plasma and accent the wall a similar red colour to yours. Can I ask what colour your other walls are? Seems to go really good.

Cheers.

Hi Jasmart - nice setup there. I am about to mount my Plasma and accent the wall a similar red colour to yours. Can I ask what colour your other walls are? Seems to go really good.

Cheers.
cheers. The other walls are painted a sandstone colour. It looked a very similar colour to the fresh plaster

Errr how did you hide all the wires!!

That looks so crisp!
Thanks mate. There was a fire place there which we removed. The cables were then fed down the old cavity and out at the bottom. Who needs warmth when you can have a nice telly instead! ;) I ran the speaker wires behind the new skirting board which was fitted when we plastered.

The pad looks amazing, love the striking red colour, congrats on a job well done.

ok, so this might be a stupid question, but the all in one speaker system looks good, and you say it sounds good too.

I'm after a similar solution, but the one i looked at didn't have any inputs on it, so i assume that means it will only give 5.1 when watching a DVD with the all in one system, or can you plug an xbox and Sky into it to get them coming out the same speakers?

see i told you it was a stupid question :) but i don't know much about these all in one jobbies :)

Really elegant looking set up mate :smashin:

I would swap the position of the PS3 to the right hand side of your excellent looking AV bench though. All the heat comes out of the right side of the console and with your current arrangement doesn't look like it has any where to go.

Nice and smart that :smashin:

I hate to sound like a girl but I'd put some curtains up (on the main windows) as well.

The pad looks amazing, love the striking red colour, congrats on a job well done.

ok, so this might be a stupid question, but the all in one speaker system looks good, and you say it sounds good too.

I'm after a similar solution, but the one i looked at didn't have any inputs on it, so i assume that means it will only give 5.1 when watching a DVD with the all in one system, or can you plug an xbox and Sky into it to get them coming out the same speakers?

see i told you it was a stupid question :) but i don't know much about these all in one jobbies :)
not a stupid question at all m8. I believe Samsung do a cheaper version that, as u say, has no inputs and only gives 5.1 sound from the in built dvd - what a waste of time! This model has optical in. I've got both the Sky HD and my PS3 fed into that by means of a TOSlink splitter Ex-Pro Optical TOSlink SPDIF Splitter - Plus 2 x 1m: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
Hope that helps

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Really elegant looking set up mate

I would swap the position of the PS3 to the right hand side of your excellent looking AV bench though. All the heat comes out of the right side of the console and with your current arrangement doesn't look like it has any where to go.
good observation mate, missed that totally. I'll take the advice. I have noticed that area does get a bit warm. :smashin:

I took a look at your post, nice idea with the sliding doors hiding the equipment. I've never seen that sort of thing mounted behind the telly, nice touch.

Just saw your pic in the mixed members thread.
A very nice setup and a really lovely looking room. Nice one.

Nice setup you've got there :thumbsup:, i too have just seen your pic over in the mixed members thread :D

love ya new setup matey!!!! like the unit that house's ya stuff :thumbsup: any planned changes/upgrades?
None as yet mate on the AV side of things, only change as I look now is a large rug that sits in the middle of the room (Room wasnt quite complete when I first posted).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom