The Official LG LH9500 Thread

Member 300569

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Introducing the new LG LH95000 LCD HDTV - Winner of a CES Innovations Award for it's new technological advancements in LED Backlighting.

lh9500.jpg

The new LED Backlight technology creates a dynamic contrast ratio of 2,000,000:1 and incorporates TruMotion 200Hz technology for extraordinary moving picture quality, together this provides a more satisfying viewing experience with clearer and more natural images, a deeper black level and vivid colour.

lh9500-5.jpg

LG’s LH9500 offers superior picture quality with an elegant ultra-slim design – less than one-inch thick at its thinnest point. Unlike other slim LED HDTVs that use “edge” lighting, LG’s LH9500 uses a full array of LED backlights which employ local dimming technologies for precise picture control, resulting in deeper blacks, wide colour gamut and smoother motion, achieving 200Hz performance which delivers an exceptional, natural picture with vivid colour and ultra-fast motion picture response times.

Key features include:
• HD Ready 1080p via Uncompressed Wireless Transmission from AV media box
• TruMotion 200 Hz
• LED backlighting with Local Dimming
• 2,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
• 24p Real Cinema (5:5 Pulldown)
• Intelligent Sensor
• ISFccc Ready
• 4 HDMI version.1.3 with Deep Colour
• USB 2.0 for access to digital music and photos (JPEG, MP3 Playback)
• LG SimpLink™ (HDMI-CEC)
• Smart Energy Saving
• LG Core Technologies

We'll add more as we get it, would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

H :)

Looks like LG are taking Sony's clear plastic bezel design and taking it a stage further. very reminiscent of Sony's X3000 series TV's.
I haven't yet seen an LED TV in action so I am very interested to start comparing the different techs.
Sony with their multicoloured LED, Samsung with their side lit LED design and LG with the backlight design. 2009 is shaping up to be quite interesting already.

Really looking foward to having info and availability. This looks like a killer set. Will be reslly intrigued to see if how the LED backlight tech impacts on pq with movies and games. Not so fussed about wireless receiver - one more thing to cause problems. HDCP and handshake issues are enough of a problem with cables.

Sony with their multicoloured LED, Samsung with their side lit LED design and LG with the backlight design.

I'm keen to see how the Sony goes but surely the Samsung is on a loser with no local dimming?... how slim does an LCD REALLY need to be!??!... :suicide:

I'm keen to see how the Sony goes but surely the Samsung is on a loser with no local dimming?... how slim does an LCD REALLY need to be!??!... :suicide:

I can see why Samsung did it their way. With the emphasis everyone puts on black levels and the fear of Halo effects from backlights, the side lit method might prove effective. Maybe Samsung just couldn't make a panel 'behave' itself with backlighting. Maybe they are just being experimental. Risky Experiment:rolleyes: It will be interesting to see how S-PVA and S-IPS compare with new backlighting techniques.

... how slim does an LCD REALLY need to be!??!... :suicide:

I saw one of those ultra slim Hitachi's in Currys when I bought my LG. Nice looking set, but for the privilege of owning a slim, slim, slim TV, I'd have to fork out almost another grand. The TV cost double of what most other TV's in the size range were selling for. If all TV's were selling for £2000, I'd still be watching my old CRT. Sod the diet!

I wouldn't get too excited, the last I heard from LG this wasn't coming to the UK, perhaps LG Blog can confirm!?...:thumbsdow

Well I hope they do, there's suprisingly little choice if you want a quality picture and the 60in Kuro is too damn exoensive....

That's a smashing looking set - perhaps it may be the one to make me think about moving on from plasma - time (and price) will tell. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Martin.

Hi, any more info on the release date for this TV?

Stew

It wont be coming to the UK :( I got to see one and it did look good though, hopefully we'll see one with the 'borderless' design next year, or at least soon :)

It will be in some countries, but not everywhere as far as I'm aware, I wouldn't know which ones but I'd guess that Germany and possibly France would be likely, couldn't comment on how likely it will come to Finland though (assuming your location is correct on your profile).

I was told a price, but can't remember it!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom