The Official LG PJ350 Plasma Thread

Member 300569

Prominent Member
Reaction score
PK350.jpg

PJ350 (42 & 50”)
Features:

• Razor frame (narrow frame & slim depth)
• Full HD 720p
• 600Hz Max Sub-field Driving
• 3,000,000:1 Mega Contrast Ratio
• Picture Wizard II
• Intelligent Sensor
• Clear Voice II
• Invisible Speaker (10W + 10W)
• Smart Energy Saving Plus
• 2 x HDMI
• USB 2.0 (MP3 & Jpeg play)

The LG PJ350 Plasma TV series provides superb picture quality with a stunning razor frame design. Convert your living room to a sports stadium or cinema with this large experience perfect for watching sport and movies in crystal clear picture quality. The PJ3 series is HD Ready 720p with LG 600Hz technology for super smooth picture quality and gives you access to be entertained with your favourite pictures and music via the USB connectivity.

The PJ350 has an estimated release date of April

Last edited:
Just bought this tv and so far so good.. Just wondering if anyone any calibration settings for it yet... Thanks

We haven't got these over in the UK yet so I doubt anyone will have any settings, but could you write up a bit about it? What are the black levels like? Is image retention an issue? Those kinds of things, if you can compare to LG plasmas from the last could of years then that would be ideal, but if you haven't seen them then obviously that's hard to do.

Just got it. Black levels are great. Super TV for the price. Owner's manual is horrible though. Many options listed with no idea of what they mean....

Recommend definitely get it (if I can figure out how to name channels, etc etc)

Edit: Turns out it CAN'T name channels....

We haven't got these over in the UK yet so I doubt anyone will have any settings, but could you write up a bit about it? What are the black levels like? Is image retention an issue? Those kinds of things, if you can compare to LG plasmas from the last could of years then that would be ideal, but if you haven't seen them then obviously that's hard to do.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the screen resolution of these (PJ350 and PJ550) TV's? It says 720p (1280x720 or 1366x720), but that seems unlikely. I assume they're 768p (1024x768). I can't find it on the LG website and the online stores don't seem to agree.

1024x768 is the likely resolution, but I can't find anything certain.

The LG website says its 1024x768 so thats most likely it. I have the TV too and im pleasently surprised for $600. I see amazon has already dropped the price to $575 a week after i bought it. Oh well. My brother was telling about his 47 inch he bought in 2005 for $2300, and mine would probably blow his away in picture quality. The blacks are far supurior to my '65 Toshiba DLP in the basement.

*edit the JP550 will have much higher resolution because its a '50.

@jabba2

Hello,
i want to know, if the display is glare or matt and how annoying the reflection is ?

@jabba2

Hello,
i want to know, if the display is glare or matt and how annoying the reflection is ?

It’ll be a glass screen so it’ll be very reflective, it will be better than any CRT, but no doubt worse than the majority of LCDs in a bright room, but plasmas always fall a bit short in bright rooms, but they excel in dimmer lighting.

Thanks !
Could you explain the differences between PJ650, PJ550 and PJ350 ?
And has the PJ550 the same glare display as the PJ350 ?

Seeing as they're all plasmas they'll all have a reflective screen because they'll be made of glass (which means at least they'll be resistant to damage and scratches).

There's a summary thread for all of the models here - http://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-owners-forum/1212857-summary-lg-2010-tvs.html and going by that the differences mainly come in the USB functionality and the infinia design which comes on the PJ650. There may well be other differences, for example in the PQ3000/6000 models of 2009 the sound was slightly better on the PQ6000, but I haven't yet learnt all of the different features on the new models so I wouldn't be able to go into great detail, I would expect that you can expect a very similar or even identical picture performance from them all.

Does anyone know the wattage of this TV say with energy saver turned off, minimum, mediem, maximum. Im curious because i own the PJ350 TV and it puts out plenty of heat in a normal sized bedroom.

I assumed it is around 200 watts because that was last years LG model at 42 inch's estimated wattage.

Does anyone know the wattage of this TV say with energy saver turned off, minimum, mediem, maximum. Im curious because i own the PJ350 TV and it puts out plenty of heat in a normal sized bedroom.

I assumed it is around 200 watts because that was last years LG model at 42 inch's estimated wattage.

It’s a plasma TV so it will vary with what’s on screen, when it’s all black it will be relatively little, when it’s white it will be very high. If you take the review sample of the PK990 reviewed by this site recently (which was 50”) you’ll see how much it varies, obviously these numbers will be different on the PJ350, as well as it being 8” bigger, but it says 150 watts on a black screen, 348 watts on a white screen, and the grey screen which is the closest you’ll get to an average is 290 watts. 200 watts is probably pretty close for the PJ350 if that’s roughly what the 2009 models consumed, although I expect there will be a slight improvement, what you’re watching will obviously decide how much difference that is.

It’s a plasma TV so it will vary with what’s on screen, when it’s all black it will be relatively little, when it’s white it will be very high. If you take the review sample of the PK990 reviewed by this site recently (which was 50”) you’ll see how much it varies, obviously these numbers will be different on the PJ350, as well as it being 8” bigger, but it says 150 watts on a black screen, 348 watts on a white screen, and the grey screen which is the closest you’ll get to an average is 290 watts. 200 watts is probably pretty close for the PJ350 if that’s roughly what the 2009 models consumed, although I expect there will be a slight improvement, what you’re watching will obviously decide how much difference that is.

I believe the wattage would be higher on a '50 inch screen compared to a '42, Not to mention thats a more expensive model. Im curious if there is a tool i could find that will check wattage on a plasma.

I believe the wattage would be higher on a '50 inch screen compared to a '42, Not to mention thats a more expensive model. Im curious if there is a tool i could find that will check wattage on a plasma.

It will be more on the 50” model, I was just explaining how much it varies, on a 42” plasma I would say that it could vary from around 100 to 300 watts. You can buy things which show how much power it's using though.

they'll all have a reflective screen because they'll be made of glass (which means at least they'll be resistant to damage and scratches).

I just bought this model yesterday and had a heart attack when my cat's immediate reaction was to try to use the screen as a scratching post. By "made of glass", are you saying that the exterior is naked glass with no coating whatsoever? Because if you are, I am not going to have to overnight a wall mount and remove all platforms beneath the TV. :facepalm:

*Edit* I called LG Customer Service and the person mumbled something about there being an anti-scratch coating, but he was so vague and unsure I'm not gonna take his word as gospel. He also said it was "just like window glass" but that he couldn't guarantee a cat would be unable to scratch anything off.

Last edited:
There is a coating on there, but it's quite easily scratched, although the ‘anti scratch' coating should help that.

Anyway, if there's no visible damage now then don't worry.

I decided to but a wattage meter to check the power watt use on the PJ350

averages around 160 watts on smart power saving but will go up to 240 in a very brightly lit room, because it detects the surroundings and adjusts the picture accordingly.

250-260w no power saving

240-245w minimal

160-170w medium

Did not check maximum because i never use that setting but that is the rough estimate of watt useage on the JP350 42 inch model.

LG Pj350 vs Samsung C450 vs Panasonic X20

If it is for Digital Tv Freeview no doubt..go with the LG

but now that LG HD Ready plasmas have changed
their 2-way speakers for 1-way speakers
which one has the best sound?

which one is better choice for movies ?
Panasonic still have the best blacks?
Does the Samsung come with "black screen filter?

Also considering a 720p 42-incher...
How responsive is PJ350 compared to Samsung and Panasonic analogues?
Especially regarding startup and switching DVB channels.

How responsive is PJ350 compared to Samsung and Panasonic analogues?Especially regarding startup and switching DVB channels.

I can't give a relative comparison, since I don't know the characteristics of those two, but I have the 50 inch PJ350 and can tell you how long it takes. Mind you, I'm in the States so channel changing is the ATSC tuner LG uses rather than DVB-T, so they could very well be different.

Start up time is 6 seconds from button press to picture. Changing over the air digital channels was under one second.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom