The LG LM670T Smart Cinema 3D TV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got this set and its great! the only minor issue ist he reflection, otherwise its amazing

just got a few questions,

1) i saw there was an update , but when i search for it through the tv , it doesnt find it , any reason for that?

2) what does the new update actally do , i have .16 atm

3) what does the real cinema setting do ?

4) does it change to 24p when a 24p source is found, or do i have to do something?

thanks

Maybe your set is already updated? this would explain why the software isn't finding the update as it will be checking the version number and ignoring the file completely.

The update fixed the problem with not being able to adjust the True Motion settings which left the TV (according to Richer Sounds and a few others) as a judder fest. If you're not experiencing a problem then :thumbsup: don't worry about it.

EmJay said:
Maybe your set is already updated? this would explain why the software isn't finding the update as it will be checking the version number and ignoring the file completely.

The update fixed the problem with not being able to adjust the True Motion settings which left the TV (according to Richer Sounds and a few others) as a judder fest. If you're not experiencing a problem then :thumbsup: don't worry about it.

Maybe I'm lucky or maybe there is a difference between the 660t and the 670t with regards to motion but I can clarify that my 660t without any trumotion control has zero judder and has the best motion I've had out of many sets over the last 18 months, including plasmas.
My D6900 was the worst, samsung sent out engineers twice and refused to acknowledge there was a problem even though the engineers agreed with me that it wasn't right. Luckily John Lewis agreed to exchange it even after 3 months.

Yeah I must admit when I saw the Samsung series from last year (D8000 etc) they looked fantastic, truly stunning, in the store but then I read pretty much nothing but negative comments on this forum and AVS and could actually SEE the lag via YouTube videos, when playing games. I totally changed my mind there and then.

Buying a TV these days is a pain in the bits.

Just checked the TrustedReviews article and it quotes lag time at 100ms... that sounds really bad. :(

Last edited:
Interesting. Wrong but interesting. It's quite a bit lower than that:)

I would say you right Mark, the xbox 360 test I did on the 42" LMS 670T,
was done in standard mode by mistake, hit the reset button instead of game mode. the link is on the 760T thread. In game mode its even sharper.

Here is a clip of the F1 race

http://youtu.be/GGtQvwoKskE

Last edited:
@ jono t
can you put your settings here?because i`m interesting what other people`s settings are.
thx:smashin:

Honestly Mark? is it as bad as the 960 for gaming? Bare in mind I rarely play online, but do play Xbox 360/PS3 primarily.

was done in standard mode by mistake, hit the reset button instead of game mode. the link is on the 760T thread. In game mode its even sharper.

VID_20120510_182938.3gp - YouTube

Have you got a video of it in "GAME" mode then Jono? :)

@ jono t
can you put your settings here?because i`m interesting what other people`s settings are.
thx:smashin:

Hi dutch, he is my settings.

Expt 1
backlight 76
contrast 75
brightness 58
H sharp 29
Vsharp 29
colour 56
tint 0

expert control settings

dynamic cntrast low
super res off
colour gaumet wide
edge enhancer low
gamma 2.2

picture option
nr off
mpeg off
black level low
local dimming low
true motion off

Interesting. Wrong but interesting. It's quite a bit lower than that:)

Do you know what the input lag is like?
I play PS3 and Xbox 360 FPS and input lag ruins gaming! So would be keen to know how this tv performs.

I'm looking at buying the LG 47LM669T! :smashin:

Thanks

Hi guys, im new on this forum. Last week i bought a LG 47LM660s. this is my first LG tv and i was more a Sony fan, i own more than 3 Sont tv's. I likes Sony because of the screen collor quality. And i was searching the internet for the perfect settings for my new LG.

So i want to share my settings (it takes 3 evenings to get this settings). Its in Dutch, but i think most people will understand it.

Beeldmodus: Levendig
Backlight: 95
Contrast: 67
Helderheid: 60
Scherpte: 25
Kleur: 60
Tint: R13
Kleurtemp: C24

Advanced:
Dynamisch Contrast: Uit
Dynamische kleuren: Uit
Clear White: Uit
Super resolutie: Uit
Gamma: Medium

Afbeeldingsoptie:
Ruisonderdrukking: Laag
MPEG Geluidsreductie: Laag
Echte Bioscoop: Uit
LED Lokaal dimming: Medium

Beeldverhouding: Origineel

After a translation:

Picture Mode: Vivid
Backlight: 95
Contrast: 67
Brightness: 60
Sharpness: 25
Color: 60
Tint: R13
Color Temperature: C24

advanced:
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Dynamic colors: Off
Clear White: Off
Super resolution: Off
Gamma: Medium

Image Option:
Noise Reduction: Low
MPEG Noise Reduction: Low
Real Cinema: Off
Local LED dimming: Medium

Aspect Ratio: Original

VID_20120510_182938.3gp - YouTube

Actually, if you turn most of the processing off in Standard, it's nigh on identical for lag as Game mode:)

Honestly Mark? is it as bad as the 960 for gaming? Bare in mind I rarely play online, but do play Xbox 360/PS3 primarily.

Nowhere near, much more in line with the other manufacturer's results. Will reveal all next week but for anyone sat on the fence, purely from a lag perspective, it shouldn't be a massive deal-breaker as per the higher end sets.

Note: I've not actually played games on it yet, just measured the lag with the trusty little gizmo:)

Do you know what the input lag is like?
I play PS3 and Xbox 360 FPS and input lag ruins gaming! So would be keen to know how this tv performs.

I'm looking at buying the LG 47LM669T! :smashin:

Thanks

Sorry, yes I do. See above:)

Sounds like your upcoming review is relatively positive. Which is good. :)

Here is a clip in game mode, and a short clip of Blue Bloods. taken in the dark.

VID_20120516_011755.3gp - YouTube

VID_20120516_003931.3gp - YouTube

Can I ask a newbie question please?
What are we looking at? The blurriness when turning?

I bought the 670S on Monday based on reviews and comments and I am now waiting for it to be delivered. Should arrive this week alongside the HX995TZ 3D-player.
I was choosing between 660/669 and 670. As I got convinced, that 660 does not have local dimming and I would have had to wait for the 669 for another 4 weeks, I went for the 670. At first I was looking at the 650 (since it was 200Hz), but as it was the last year model, was hard (or overpriced) to get it.

How what is the real refresh rate of the 670? Still 100Hz? As, from what I understood, most people turn off the extra settings.

I've never owned a LED before. The one I had at my parents was a 3-4 year old 2D Plasma (Samsung or Panasonic - can't reckon). Hoping for a great picture on the 670 :)

Does anyone have the TV wall mounted? If so how is the 3D? I'd read that it loses it's impact the more off centre you go but not sure if this applies to it being mounted higher up.

Thanks

Does anyone have the TV wall mounted? If so how is the 3D? I'd read that it loses it's impact the more off centre you go but not sure if this applies to it being mounted higher up.

Thanks

Hi Stackers, I had mine wall mounted, but put it back on its stand
as I like it better on the stand, when on the wall the top of the tv
was 4 feet from the floor and the 3d worked fine. To test put tv
into 3d mode and check the verical angle above and below,
vertical view is the only angle that affects 3d mode, left and right
horizontal is fine.

Hi Stackers, I had mine wall mounted, but put it back on its stand
as I like it better on the stand, when on the wall the top of the tv
was 4 feet from the floor and the 3d worked fine. To test put tv
into 3d mode and check the verical angle above and below,
vertical view is the only angle that affects 3d mode, left and right
horizontal is fine.

Thanks Jono that's good to know.

The top of mine will be 6 feet from the floor (roughly) so hoping will be OK. I have active at the moment and it's fine but obviously different tech.

I think John Lewis have one setup on a top shelf so i'll maybe sit on the floor and check it out :)

Just sent a query to Richer Sounds about this one, hoping that if the set turns out to be complete garbage then I can return it and get something better. I doubt it though, even if the customer service at Richer is great.

Thanks Jono that's good to know.

The top of mine will be 6 feet from the floor (roughly) so hoping will be OK. I have active at the moment and it's fine but obviously different tech.

I think John Lewis have one setup on a top shelf so i'll maybe sit on the floor and check it out :)

You would need to tilt it if it is going to be that high and you are viewing in a normal seated position.

I spent a long time looking at the LG passive sets in JL last weekend with a view to buying, and it was surprising to me just how little out of line vertically you need to be for the 3D to fall apart into crosstalk.

They had a Panasonic passive TV on display, but had it quite close to the floor which was stupid as for anyone watching it standing up (as they would be in a shop) it was an absolutely awful 3D picture. You can't believe that any of the assistants couldn't have noticed it. But of course the assistant was trying to tell me how good it was....

You would need to tilt it if it is going to be that high and you are viewing in a normal seated position.

I spent a long time looking at the LG passive sets in JL last weekend with a view to buying, and it was surprising to me just how little out of line vertically you need to be for the 3D to fall apart into crosstalk.

They had a Panasonic passive TV on display, but had it quite close to the floor which was stupid as for anyone watching it standing up (as they would be in a shop) it was an absolutely awful 3D picture. You can't believe that any of the assistants couldn't have noticed it. But of course the assistant was trying to tell me how good it was....

Thanks Loz

Passive 3D is a big selling point so if it falls apart due to wall mount then I may have to consider an active set such as the Samsung ES8000 range.....just a shame that they are around £500 more :(

Thought i would follow this up with a picture of my current setup. Would it be fair to say that passive 3D wouldn't be as effective at this height?

Attachments

• 2012-05-13 19.52.22.jpg
    2012-05-13 19.52.22.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,589
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom