The Official LG PZ950T Plasma 3DTV Thread

sinfield said:
Ha ha! With a username like "kenny is god", I'd imagine the pain is still raw after knocking you scousers off your perch last weekend!!

Definitely not faulty...AND THAT'S A FACT! ;-)

Aye indeed it is! Though after the disaster that was Hodgson and the second coming of Kenny I'm looking forward to next season! I ve got my Barca shirt ready for Saturday!

kennyisgod said:
Aye indeed it is! Though after the disaster that was Hodgson and the second coming of Kenny I'm looking forward to next season! I ve got my Barca shirt ready for Saturday!

Ha ha! I'm sure you have...especially as we'd only be one behind your impressive European record if we came away as champions of Europe :)

The league is becoming harder and harder to win each year...so your right, next year is going to be very close! Love it though...would be lost without the beautiful game and thank god for this beauty of a tele to witness it on!!

sinfield said:
Ha ha! I'm sure you have...especially as we'd only be one behind your impressive European record if we came away as champions of Europe :)

The league is becoming harder and harder to win each year...so your right, next year is going to be very close! Love it though...would be lost without the beautiful game and thank god for this beauty of a tele to witness it on!!

Indeed. 3d footy is the way forward!

Just made the jump and ordered the LG 60PZ950T from RGB DIRECT for a great deal of £1598.00 with free delivery.

Will get it delivered next week. Can't wait as I have been looking to buy a 60" LG Plasma for a long while now to replace my 42LG7000. Looked at the 60PK990 and the 60PX990 but as the issues with both TV's were laid out here I just waited longer until the 2011 models.

Even tho i'm not looking to use 3d alot apart from sky 3D and some PS3 3D gaming its mainly the 2D performance that I was looking at.

Will let you all know how it goes when I get it. :)

Just made the jump and ordered the LG 60PZ950T from RGB DIRECT for a great deal of £1598.00 with free delivery.

Will get it delivered next week. Can't wait as I have been looking to buy a 60" LG Plasma for a long while now to replace my 42LG7000. Looked at the 60PK990 and the 60PX990 but as the issues with both TV's were laid out here I just waited longer until the 2011 models.

Even tho i'm not looking to use 3d alot apart from sky 3D and some PS3 3D gaming its mainly the 2D performance that I was looking at.

Will let you all know how it goes when I get it. :)
I'm intrigued to know how you get on with this tv. I so very very nearly bought this but in the end went for the Samsung. Why? Well the price and the fact that JL sold them, with 5 yr warranty, so any probs i would deal with JL rather than a shop bloomin' miles away.

My 50PZ950T has just been delivered. Will hopefully have a chance to set it up later and post my initial thoughts. I am going to try really hard not to look for any "faults" and enjoy it.

Stewart

I'm intrigued to know how you get on with this tv. I so very very nearly bought this but in the end went for the Samsung. Why? Well the price and the fact that JL sold them, with 5 yr warranty, so any probs i would deal with JL rather than a shop bloomin' miles away.

Well its getting delivered on tuesday so will let you all know how I get on with it.

Also ordered a LG 50PZ570T for my dad at the same time as he needed a new tv and he didn't want a 60" (as he doesn't have the space for one) and also wasn't that interested in the 3D side of things just wanted high level 2D for daily viewing.

Got a good deal buying them at £1598 for the 60PZ950T and £829 for the 50PZ570T.

My 50PZ950T has just been delivered. Will hopefully have a chance to set it up later and post my initial thoughts. I am going to try really hard not to look for any "faults" and enjoy it.

Stewart

hey, how are you getting on with the TV, what your thoughts of it.

cheers

hey, how are you getting on with the TV, what your thoughts of it.

cheers

Hi

These are only initial thoughts as I got the TV on Friday and have been away most of the time since then.

firstly, after a lot of researching and oohing and aahing, I so far have no regrets in going for this TV - possibly my only regret is that I could not persuade my wife that we really need the 60" version... I am really happy with the 50 incher. It is a nice looking TV and everything seems to work as it should.

As I am running it at reduced contrast and brightness for the first 100 or so hours, I have decided not to play around too much with the picture settings yet until that is complete. There seems to be a vast array of picture settings to play around with and I am hoping some expert puts up some good settings. However, from what i have seen the picture has been good - at least as good as my previous Samsung LCD for Sky sd broadcasts and potentially much better for Sky HD. Have seen a bit from Sky 3D - How to train your Dragon - and the 3dness was very impressive. I haven't got any 3d blue rays to try yet.

The Smart TV function works really well, including the Iplayer app, with the supplied wifi dongle as does the DNLA using the supplied Nero DLNA software. Had no problems playing several movie files I have saved on my PC. The magic wand control seems to have potential. Can't help thinking that some kind of keyboard device could be useful, though the Ipad App may do the job (for using the Youtube search facility etc).

Will post some more thoughts at the weekend when I have hopefully had more of a play with it. This will include trying a couple of 3D games on the PS3 and trying some HD Blue Rays.

Stewart

Hi

These are only initial thoughts as I got the TV on Friday and have been away most of the time since then.

firstly, after a lot of researching and oohing and aahing, I so far have no regrets in going for this TV - possibly my only regret is that I could not persuade my wife that we really need the 60" version... I am really happy with the 50 incher. It is a nice looking TV and everything seems to work as it should.

As I am running it at reduced contrast and brightness for the first 100 or so hours, I have decided not to play around too much with the picture settings yet until that is complete. There seems to be a vast array of picture settings to play around with and I am hoping some expert puts up some good settings. However, from what i have seen the picture has been good - at least as good as my previous Samsung LCD for Sky sd broadcasts and potentially much better for Sky HD. Have seen a bit from Sky 3D - How to train your Dragon - and the 3dness was very impressive. I haven't got any 3d blue rays to try yet.

The Smart TV function works really well, including the Iplayer app, with the supplied wifi dongle as does the DNLA using the supplied Nero DLNA software. Had no problems playing several movie files I have saved on my PC. The magic wand control seems to have potential. Can't help thinking that some kind of keyboard device could be useful, though the Ipad App may do the job (for using the Youtube search facility etc).

Will post some more thoughts at the weekend when I have hopefully had more of a play with it. This will include trying a couple of 3D games on the PS3 and trying some HD Blue Rays.

Stewart

Thanks, appreciate that and sounds promising, would be the 50incher i would be going for too, like yourself i would not get away with the 60incher:(

The 50" inch version of this TV is reviewed in the new issue of Home Cinema Choice magazine. Didn't get a chance to read the review fully and I can't find it posted on their website yet. It got an overall score of 4

Stewart

Hi all. Hope someone may be able to assist me here with an issue with the HDMI1 IR command when using a Logitech harmony remote.

When I choose to watch sky the remote sends the HDMI1 command. Problem is that that command as set up on the Harmony remote is not a direct input command but rather a HDMI toggle command. Therefore, if watching say a DVD using HDMI2 and then choose to watch Sky, it toggles the input to HDMI3 rather than switching directly to HDMI1.

Has anyone else experienced this and know how to fix it. Was not a problem with my PK590. Am thinking reverting the device in the Logitech software to the PK590 and seeing if that works but not sure what other commands I may lose.

Thanks.

Hi all. Hope someone may be able to assist me here with an issue with the HDMI1 IR command when using a Logitech harmony remote.

When I choose to watch sky the remote sends the HDMI1 command. Problem is that that command as set up on the Harmony remote is not a direct input command but rather a HDMI toggle command. Therefore, if watching say a DVD using HDMI2 and then choose to watch Sky, it toggles the input to HDMI3 rather than switching directly to HDMI1.

Has anyone else experienced this and know how to fix it. Was not a problem with my PK590. Am thinking reverting the device in the Logitech software to the PK590 and seeing if that works but not sure what other commands I may lose.

Thanks.

Hi Messiah

Unfortunately I can't help but have a similar problem. Most of my gear goes to the TV via the Reciever which goes into HDMI1. When I choose 'watch TV' which involves the Harmony One turning on the TV, Sky HD box and reciever, it will (about 50% of the time) go to HDMI2 and I have to manually select HDMI1 to correct it. Is this also caused by it being a toggle command? I haven't found a solution yet but would be interested if you do.

How are you liking the TV?

Stewart

stewbold said:
Hi Messiah

Unfortunately I can't help but have a similar problem. Most of my gear goes to the TV via the Reciever which goes into HDMI1. When I choose 'watch TV' which involves the Harmony One turning on the TV, Sky HD box and reciever, it will (about 50% of the time) go to HDMI2 and I have to manually select HDMI1 to correct it. Is this also caused by it being a toggle command? I haven't found a solution yet but would be interested if you do.

How are you liking the TV?

Stewart

Hi Stewart

Only put on wall today but was so impressed by previous PK590 thought can't go wrong as managed to swap my PK for the PZ at zero cost. Looks fab so far except iPlayer app looks cack as just buffers continually. Not a biggie though.

I have now fixed the issue. I have 2 Harmony 885 remotes and my spare was still setup with the PK590 device. Tried the direct HDMI1 button on that and works fine so simply did a learn command on the HDMI/DVI button for the PZ590 from one remote to the other and now all works just fine.

Seems to me like the PZ590 command database is screwed. If you test the individual device commands then the InputNext command actually brings up the Input screen and the Input HDMI1/DVI command actually does InputNext. So a bit messed up. Sorted now though and very happy.

Enjoy yours.

Hi Messiah

I think you are right about the database being screwed. Hopefully as this is a new TV and others will experience the same issues that a correct version will be uploaded.

Re Iplayer, I have found it to be very good on mine. My TV is connected over WIFI rather than directly and manage to have a buffering-free experience. I am on the Virgin Media 50 meg service so I guess that helps. However, even with this, using Iplayer on the PS3 can be frustrating with lots of buffering.

Overall, I am really pleased with the picture from all sources.

Stewart

how is the line bleed on this set compared to the px990

Do any of you guy's have trouble with the DLNA?. Mines is spotty at best, either finding my media on PC and playing it okay, or stopping midway through with a This file is invalid message, or it just does not find anything.
Any ideas anyone?.

Hi snooks

I have not noticed any problems with DLNA on mine though I have not yet used it much. I am using the NERO DLNA software that came with the TV. Not sure if this the only one that the TV supports? I Streamed a movie successfully last night. Most of my videos are encoded using the Handbrake Apple TV 2 setting and all seem to work fine. It also works well streaming 3D clips downloaded from Youtube using the Keeptube software.

It doesn't really help you but hopefully shows that it is probably not a problem with the TV.

Stewart

Hi Snooks,
I stream from a nas and it drops out once in a while, but a 'test' of network in tv network menu usually brings dlna icon back.
I must say the dlna seems very good on lg - have thrown a bunch of formats at it and it plays them all fine - even .tivo encoded mpeg's

I have just installed the Nero software, to see if that helps. Thanks guys.

How you guys getting on with your sets?

Any issues or are you all well happy?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom