LG M2363D-PZ - Could I play videos?

marcosantos

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've a LCD monitor TV LG M2362D-PZ and I've tried the OK+OK and MENU+MENU tactics for entering the service menu but it didn't work.
So, what I'm doing wrong? Does this LCD supports changing the firmware, movie playback? Is it compatible with the LH series in terms of firmware and hacks? If yes, what LH model?
How could I enter the service menu?

My firmware currently version is 3.05.00

Thanx!

Hello,

I've a LCD monitor TV LG M2362D-PZ and I've tried the OK+OK and MENU+MENU tactics for entering the service menu but it didn't work.
So, what I'm doing wrong? Does this LCD supports changing the firmware, movie playback? Is it compatible with the LH series in terms of firmware and hacks? If yes, what LH model?
How could I enter the service menu?

My firmware currently version is 3.05.00

Thanx!
I have the same monitor TV M2362D-PZ and I activated the movie palyer menu, with the LG-Remocon Service Remote Control. The only problem is, that the model name in diagnostics menu changed from M2362D-PZ to M2762D-PZ.

If you have a PPC, you can install novii remote and use my code-base in attachment.

I have the same monitor TV M2362D-PZ and I activated the movie palyer menu, with the LG-Remocon Service Remote Control. The only problem is, that the model name in diagnostics menu changed from M2362D-PZ to M2762D-PZ.

If you have a PPC, you can install novii remote and use my code-base in attachment.

attachment

Last edited:
Hi jpan, thank you very much!
But what you mean about PPC?
Where can I get a LG-Remocon Service Remote Control?
Do you have the same firmware version or there's a new one?

Last edited:
Hi jpan, thank you very much!
But what you mean about PPC?
Where can I get a LG-Remocon Service Remote Control?
Do you have the same firmware version or there's a new one?

- PPC is a pocket PC or PDA with windows mobile 5 or 6.1
- it is hard to find the LG-Remocon Service Remote Control
- my firmware is 3.05.00

So, the file that you attached has the codes for entering the service menu, right?
Could you tell me what are the codes needed because I don't have PPC but I have a programmable remote control and that may could do the trick! Or not!
Thanx!

So, the file that you attached has the codes for entering the service menu, right?
Could you tell me what are the codes needed because I don't have PPC but I have a programmable remote control and that may could do the trick! Or not!
Thanx!

the file is the code-base for novii remote software. I dont to know how can extract the codes from the code-base file.

Hi jpan,

can you export it to NoviiRemote Palm v3.7 pdb format ?

Cheers.

try this:
When I open NoviiRemote Deluxe I get "no codebase loaded" message. Where are they?

You need to install codebases from IR archive. An IR archive of NoviiRemote Deluxe contains infrared codes for about a hundred of home devices. Open NoviiRemote Deluxe menu, select the Add New Device item, and the Add Device Wizard form appears. Check on the box named "Install codebase from IR archive", click the Next button, and follow instructions.

Also you can use codebases from Classic version of NoviiRemote. To use them you should import them from the older NoviiRemote 2.x to NoviiRemote Deluxe. To do it, launch NoviiRemote Deluxe, open its menu and select the Add New Device item. In response the Add Device Wizard must appear. Check on the box named "Import from NoviiRemote 2.x", press the Next button and follow instructions.

try this:
When I open NoviiRemote Deluxe I get "no codebase loaded" message. Where are they?

You need to install codebases from IR archive. An IR archive of NoviiRemote Deluxe contains infrared codes for about a hundred of home devices. Open NoviiRemote Deluxe menu, select the Add New Device item, and the Add Device Wizard form appears. Check on the box named "Install codebase from IR archive", click the Next button, and follow instructions.

Also you can use codebases from Classic version of NoviiRemote. To use them you should import them from the older NoviiRemote 2.x to NoviiRemote Deluxe. To do it, launch NoviiRemote Deluxe, open its menu and select the Add New Device item. In response the Add Device Wizard must appear. Check on the box named "Import from NoviiRemote 2.x", press the Next button and follow instructions.

Hey jpan, the one thing that worked was " Make a copy of existing codebase " from " Add Device Wizard " ..., later a password request was showed and works fine...

¿ How should I active the " Movie Player Menu " option ?

Too much thanks you.

¿ How should I active Movie Player Menu ?

Too much thanks you.

if you enter into service menu, go to option 54254 and press ok, go to media player and select emf-pmm

Playing DivX -> Works
Playing Matroska -> Fails

Is possible to play .mkv videos ?

I have it within:

techpowerup.com/downloads/530d/hddvd_demo_1080p.mkv

without success.

Cheers.

Yes, LG M2363D-PZ media player plays videos in standard definition (SD)
I believe that the problem is the codecs in current firmware. Probably the future firmwares can correct these problems.

Last edited:
Hi is there a way to make this work also on m237wd?is very similar to m2363d.
Thanks in advance Base

Yes, LG M2363D-PZ media player plays videos in standard definition (SD)
I believe that the problem is the codecs in current firmware. Probably the future firmwares can correct these problems.

Okay, then we just wait for a new firmware code.

Cheers.

Hi....came across this thread and found it very interesting...I have the same LG model and installed Novii delux on my HP ppc...when I try to add a new device and select LG as a TV and try the buttons I keep on getting either 'ir port already being used .....' or ' this button has no ir code' or something similar...any idea please? thanks

if you enter into service menu, go to option 54254 and press ok, go to media player and select emf-pmm

How exactly?
I pressed menu and you get the various options (tv, audio, video etc....)..Do I key in the number here? If so, nothing happened.

Hi....came across this thread and found it very interesting...I have the same LG model and installed Novii delux on my HP ppc...when I try to add a new device and select LG as a TV and try the buttons I keep on getting either 'ir port already being used .....' or ' this button has no ir code' or something similar...any idea please? thanks

http://www.avforums.com/forums/10539071-post10.html

Attachment installed and nothing is happening when pressing the remote on my pcc. When I try the power on button or anything else, nothing happens. Tested IR port and working when programming buttons manually. Cannot get your 'My TV' to work in order to get the Service Menu. Not working with this model LG M2362D-pz

Last edited:
Attachment installed and nothing is happening when pressing the remote on my pcc. When I try the power on button or anything else, nothing happens. Tested IR port and working when programming buttons manually. Cannot get your 'My TV' to work in order to get the Service Menu. Not working with this model LG M2362D-pz

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hello Everybody,

Unfortunately I don't have anyway to use the files to access the service menu of my TV.

Anyone knows any other way that I can enter in the service menu just using the remote control and the television?

Thank you very much!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom