panasonic viera 5 year warranty is back

al catraz

Standard Member
Reaction score
it would appear that panasonic have reintroduced the 5 year warranty on selected Viera tvs. :)

you have to buy in store as before - here is the form you have to complete as per weymouth hifi's site, but the panny web page referred to in the form isn't there yet - I don't know why:

http://www.weymouthhifi.co.uk/pana 5 year may june 09.pdf

...this applies to selected plasma's too.

yes, sorry - don't know why they deleted the document, but they still mention the 5 year warranty on their site. Can't find anything on the panny site either!:(

There is another avforums thread talking about this though - it apparently is running throughout May and June 2009 on selected TV's, and you have to buy in store (selected stores).

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/982305-panasonic-5year-warranty-may-2009-a.html

if you find out more than anyone else has, please let us all know!:lease:

fortunately, google has kept an html version of the original weymouth hifi document. format is pretty odd, but you can still see the details of what tv's are on offer. The panny site referenced still doesn't exist:

This is the html version of the file http://www.weymouthhifi.co.uk/pana 5 year may june 09.pdf.
Google automatically generates html versions of documents as we crawl the web.

Page 1*Please see below for
terms and conditions
FREE
5 YEAR
WARRANTY
On selected new Viera HD Flat Panel Televisions
FREE 5 YEAR WARRANTY
Dealer Stamp as proof of demonstration.
Manager's signature
Complete the following required information, clearly in BLOCK capitals and send with a COPY of your till receipt to:
Panasonic ‘5 Year Warranty' Promotion, Panasonic House, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, United Kingdom RG12 8FP.
PLEASE SEND ME MY 5 YEAR WARRANTY
Name
Address
Postcode
email
Tel No.
Date of posting
Model No.
Serial No.
—
R
See reverse for Guidance on how to complete this form.
CLAIM FORM
Terms and Conditions apply, please read below for full details.
Promotion Period: Purchases between 1st May 2009 – 30 June 2009
Panasonic UK Ltd, ‘5 Year Warranty' offer Terms and Conditions:
1. See a demonstration in-store today, of a qualifying Panasonic Viera HD Flat Panel Television, and qualify for a FREE 5 Year Warranty (1 year manufacture warranty plus
4 years), should you purchase a qualifying product in that store on that day.
2. This promotion is offered via Participating Retailers only. Please visit www.panasonic.co.uk/vierawarranty for a full listing of our Participating Retailers.
Only participating retailers will have the official advertising literature and have, in-store, the ‘Free 5 Year Warranty' Claim Forms.
3. Offer available upon purchase of one of the following qualifying Panasonic Viera Flat Panel Televisions:
UK and Northern Ireland Models: Plasma: TX-P50V10B, TX-P42V10B, TX-P46G15B, TX-P42G15B, TX-P50G10B, TX-P46G10B, TX-P42G10B TX-P50S10B, TX-P46S10B,
TX-P42S10B, TX-P50X10B, TX-P42X10B, TX-P37X10B
LCD TX-L37V10B, TX-L32V10B, TX-L37G15B, TX-L37G10B, TX-L32G10B, TX-L42S10B, TX-L37S10B, TX-L32S10B, TX-L32X15B, TX-L32X10B, TX-L26X10B,
TX-L19X10B, TX-L19X10BW
Republic of Ireland Models: Plasma: TX-P50G10L, TX-P46G10L, TX-P42G10L, TX-P42S10L, TX-P42X10L, TX-P37X10L
LCD TX-L32G10L, TX-L37S10L, TX-L32S10L, TX-L32X10L, TX-L26X10L
4. Promotion Period: Purchases between 1st May 2009 - 30 June 2009 .
5. Your Panasonic Participating Retailer must stamp or sign the Claim Form to verify that you have seen a Viera HD Flat Panel Television demonstration within their store
and that you purchased a qualifying product directly after that demonstration. Only purchases made in-store and at the time of demonstration qualify.
6. To redeem your 5 Year Warranty, please clearly complete your details and include a copy of your full purchase receipt (not deposit receipt), with your claim,
by 31 July 2009 (unfortunately, receipt copies cannot be returned so please retain your original).
7. Entries, with required documentation (i.e. Full Purchase Receipt) must be sent to:
VIERA 5 Year Warranty Offer, Panasonic UK, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, United Kingdom RG12 8FP. Responsibility cannot be accepted for
entries lost or delayed in the post. In addition, incomplete applications will not be accepted.
8. Upon receipt we will activate your Warranty and send you a Certificate, which will confirm your Warranty cover period and contact details. Please allow 40 days, from the date
you posted your claim, to receive your Certificate. All claims will be processed within 40 days of receipt; however if you have not received confirmation within 45 days of posting,
please contact the Extended Warranty Helpline on 01344 706723 or e-mail [email protected]. Regrettably claims chased after this time, and outside of the closing
deadline will not be accepted.
9. This is a Panasonic promotion, running in conjunction with Participating Retailers, and is only valid within the UK and Republic of Ireland. A list of Participating Retailers
can be found on our dealer locator www.panasonic.co.uk/vierawarranty. Panasonic UK reserve the right to extend or withdraw this promotion at any time.
Promoter: Panasonic UK, Panasonic House, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, United Kingdom RG12 8FP
10. By claiming this extended warranty applicants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
E&OE
✃
Page 2
COmPLETiNGYOURAPPLiCATiON
NOTE: Please complete all sections required. Incomplete Claim Forms will be rejected.
Where do I find out the Model and Serial Numbers of the Television I have purchased?
This is located on the rear of your television, please see illustration below for exact location.
What is a ‘Full' Till Receipt?
You must send a copy of your full purchase receipt and not a deposit receipt. However if you have applied
for IFC or any other credit agreement with your purchasing retailer, and do not have a full till receipt, then
please send a copy of both your deposit receipt and credit agreement.
How do I send my Claim Form to Panasonic?
You must place your Warranty Claim Form and a copy of your Full Purchase Receipt into an envelope,
attach a stamp and post to:
Panasonic Viera ‘5 Year Warranty' Promotion, Panasonic House, Willoughby Road, Bracknell,
Berkshire, United Kingdom RG12 8FP.
CUSTOmER TO RETAiN THiS SECTiON
✃
MODEL No.: TH-37PX70B
SERIAL No.: FU-7220330 R
MODEL No.: TX-32LXD70
SERIAL No.: NA-7130001 R

Font and size tags removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Want me to post a pic of each side tomorrow from work? (when i get home because i'd need to connect my camera up) Obviously there will be no dealer stamp! :p

edit: People from work know my username on here so i won't be opening this thread tomorrow XD

Last edited:
What are forum users trying to gain by having a copy of the 5 year warrantry online, when all they need to do is contact their local dealer?

No idea.

The main info is that it says 1st may 2009 - 30 june 2009 (which over the past few years has always ended up running through till the end of december)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom