Samsung B650 Owner's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm now on my 3rd set. I have another dead pixel on this one but it's near the top of the screen so I can live with it.

It does, however, have severe back light light bleed in both top corners. This is visible even with back light set to its lowest setting.

I'm hoping it settles down with time otherwise I might have to take advantage of Comet's 72 hour return policy.

Is that true? Can the backlight lissues calm down after time? My unit has slight clouding at the right side corners, but it sounds less than yours. Still, it's annoying... I can swap but worried the exchange would be worse! If it calms down naturally that would be awesome :D

Hello, I have problem with my Internet@TV (LE40B650). First I have 4 TV Widgets (news, finance, weather and flickr) and everything works okay. After 1-2 days I received update announce to update widgets with Youtube service. After update I cant see the other widgets and I can work only with Youtube (it works okay). How can I see the other widgets, uninstall the youtube widget or restart Internet@TV(default widgets)?
Thanks

Well your lucky, some of us are still waiting for the Youtube widget, where are you based ?
To fix your problem maybe you need to use the options in the widget Gallery

I would be highly suprised if the B650 had a 10bit panel. Those are Samsung S-PVA Panels in the Sony's, so if Samsung had 2009 10bit S-PVA panels Sony would probably be using them.

Is that true? Can the backlight lissues calm down after time? My unit has slight clouding at the right side corners, but it sounds less than yours. Still, it's annoying... I can swap but worried the exchange would be worse! If it calms down naturally that would be awesome :D
i had backlight bleeding in three corners (46") which i found very distracting whilst watching HD films, and tv episodes at night. Normal tv viewing was fine, but i dont watch much live tv so i have just got a replacement. its much better still slight bleed in the corners but i can live with it

any source for it?

I don't have a source, nor can I seem to find any info about it now. I read a while back that all Samsung sets series 6 and above were using 10 bit panels from 2009 onwards.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong or mislead anyone.

Calibration for LE 37 B560 (information from TweakMyTV website)
Samsung LN-37B650
User Menu Settings
· Picture Modes

o Picture Mode : Movie

o Color Temperature : Warm 2

o Aspect Ratio : 16 x 9

· Picture Settings

o Backlight : 4

o Contrast : 90

o Brightness : 48

o Sharpness : 0

o Color : 45

o Tint : G50/R50

· Advanced Settings

o Black Tone : Off

o Dynamic Contrast : Off

o Gamma : -2

o Color Space : Auto

o White Balance : Factory Default

o Fleshtone : 0

o Edge Enhancement : Off

· Picture Options

o Color Tone : Warm 2

o Size : 16:9

o Digital NR : Off

o HDMI Black Level : Low

o Film Mode : Auto1

o Blue Only Mode : Off

o Auto Motion Plus : Off

@ the 10bit Panel Disscussion.
I have also read this somewhere on a prof. website which have tested B650, and I remember that they were telling that it is using an 10bit panel.

I dont think that it has 10bit.They use S-PVA panels,which from 2009 are 8bit

The 40" B650 i saw in the shop used an SQ01 panel, the same panel that was in the high end 2008 samsung tvs.

The 40" B650 i saw in the shop used an SQ01 panel, the same panel that was in the high end 2008 samsung tvs.

So far i've seen SQ01 and SQ02 on the 40". You may also see SS01/ SX01 on the 46"+. The 32" has an AUO panel on 4 different B65x's ive seen so far.

Non have an A or S on the back anymore.

So far i've seen SQ01 and SQ02 on the 40". You may also see SS01/ SX01 on the 46"+. The 32" has an AUO panel on 4 different B65x's ive seen so far.

Non have an A or S on the back anymore.

And what type of panel might be in a 37B650 ???

Your link is giving no information about how much Bit the panels, and it also say's that the panel's has 8ms reactiontime which worng, and contrast ratio of 5000:1 which is also wrong! so the whole information on this site seems not be up to date.

Your link is giving no information about how much Bit the panels, and it also say's that the panel's has 8ms reactiontime which worng, and contrast ratio of 5000:1 which is also wrong! so the whole information on this site seems not be up to date.

No, those are the new panels and the contrast ratio is correct. 72% colour gamut = 8bit, 92% colour = 10bit. Last years 10bit panels were 3000:1 and 92% colour gamut, this years are 5000:1 and 72% colour gamut.

Do you have any idea which one of THESE ?

Would it be the T370HW02 Vx in the 37B650 because it has a frequency of 120Hz, and the T370HW02 is only 60Hz? Or is that not related to whether a TV is 100Hz-capable or not?

I'm waiting on John Lewis Sheffield to respond to my request for a price match with Crampton & Moore for £769. Has anyone found anywhere with a better price than this (and is from a real shop that can be PM'd with JL for the 5-year warranty)?

Paul

No, those are the new panels and the contrast ratio is correct. 72% colour gamut = 8bit, 92% colour = 10bit. Last years 10bit panels were 3000:1 and 92% colour gamut, this years are 5000:1 and 72% colour gamut.
You are abs wrong.:thumbsdow
Gamut and bits are not correspond
Gamut depend on backlight. Bits on IC driver
Samsung roadmap you may find here
Samsung doesn't use 92% backlight for own TV from October 2007.
You may check it easily via Service Menu

You are abs wrong.:thumbsdow
Gamut and bits are not correspond
Gamut depend on backlight. Bits on IC driver
Samsung roadmap you may find here
Samsung doesn't use 92% backlight for own TV from October 2007.
You may check it easily via Service Menu

I know backlight has a large effect on Gamut, I wasn't saying it wasn't. As I have a Marine fish tank, I know full well the effect different spectrum blubs have. But in the roadmap you posted, all the 10bit panels apart from one have a 92% gamut and the 8bit 72%. All I was saying was last years 10bit panels were 92% apart from the LED BLU. This year we have 8bit 72% panels.

Last edited:
Would it be the T370HW02 Vx in the 37B650 because it has a frequency of 120Hz, and the T370HW02 is only 60Hz? Or is that not related to whether a TV is 100Hz-capable or not?

I'm waiting on John Lewis Sheffield to respond to my request for a price match with Crampton & Moore for £769. Has anyone found anywhere with a better price than this (and is from a real shop that can be PM'd with JL for the 5-year warranty)?

Paul

Wow, PLEASE let me know if you get this price from Coles! Thanks. :smashin:

Did anyone else get the chance to examine for clouding? If any B650 owners could look at their screen in a totally dark room with a black background & report back it would be appreciated!

My (2nd) set has a light patch in the top right & bottom right corners. It's quite faint, but defintely there.

Cheers!

I too am as of today an owner of a B650, the 32" version. So far, I'm happy with it, haven't had the opportunity to test everything, but I will write a full review after calibrating and such.

One thing that's bugging the living crap out of me is that when I hook up my pc through HDMI and I want to use the 1080P resolution, the image looks all double and fuzzy. Especially text. I connected through a HDMI/DVI cable to HDMI port 2 and named that port "PC". I'm still getting all the picture options when I go into the menu. So it doesn't look like it's in PC mode at all.

What am I doing wrong?! I'd really really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

Another thing, which has been asked by someone else in this thread, but wasn't answered...

When I choose PiP, I can only select the analogue tuner so it seem. I want to watch tv from my tuner thats connected through SCART in Windows. Why the heck would they limit this function to anologue only?!

Also, how do I enter the service menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom