Toshiba ZF575 release date: NEVER!

Persiflage

Established Member
Reaction score
Following the advice of forum members in the ongoing saga of a warranty replacement for my 46XF355, I've been phoning around Toshiba UK trying to get information about the release date for the ZF575. I've gone from pillar to post with the following results:

[Sales (1)] "The ZF575? Hang on a minute, let me ask around... (long pause) Hello, sir? No, I'm afraid we don't have any details of such a model, nor any information about the release of more picture-frame TV's. I'll put you through to..."

[Technical] "No sir, there's not going to be a picture-frame version of the ZV series. Maybe the ZF you're talking about is what the ZV is called in the US?"

Me: "But, but... I've seen pictures of them! You displayed them at the Consumer Electronics Show!"

Techie: "Really? Well, all I can tell you is that they're not coming to the UK as far as anyone here knows. I'll put you through to..."

[Head Office] "We don't have any information on that product sir. The Internet? Oh, you don't want to believe everything you read; I don't know how these rumours start. I'll put you through to..."

[Sales (2)] (Following reiteration of question) "No sir, the decision has been made to discontinue production of all picture-frame TV's. They're too expensive to manufacture; the margins for retail are too uncompetitive. That's the latest information we have. Tell you what, I'll put you through to..."

Me: Please, don't bother!

So... does anyone know better than Toshiba UK when we're likely to get a glimpse of the new ZF's? Is there any chance at all that it's going to happen soonish? If not, how would you recommend that I get authoritative information; better than that possessed by Tosh UK employees!

Last edited:
I have managed to leave a voicemail for the Product Marketing Manager; if anyone knows when these TV's will appear in the UK (if at all) it will be him! I'll post here if I get a response.

Hi,

"No sir, the decision has been made to discontinue production of all picture-frame TV's. "

There already is a production line in place - and the picture frame (Darth Vadar design) models are readily available or sale in Japan under the FH-7000 Series I believe.

Suave!

achoooo..bull****...:)

http://www.toshiba.de/consumer/files/press/LCD-TV_ZF575D.pdf

Both Toshiba Germany and Toshiba Sweden know of this model and have info about it (that it was postponed). Its already listed at many internet retailers sites so its looks like its going to be available in Sweden and Germany and probably more of mainland europe. Strange that Toshiba UK is totally blanc about it, maybe it wont be released in the UK, much like the ZF355 was when an upgraded version of it wasnt released until 1/2 year later.

The ZV doesnt look like it has been released at that many places, here in Sweden it hasnt been realeased and the ZF575 is the one listed everywhere.
Germany always gets the first release TV the fastest.

ex. of listings:

German, 46
ALTERNATE - ENTERTAINMENT - TV-Geräte - LCD-TV - ab 42 Zoll - Toshiba 46ZF575D

Swedish, 40
MultiTech DATA AB - IT-fackhandeln 019/123400 / TOSHIBA 40ZF575DG/40" LCDTV FULL HD 100HZ 4XHDMI

offcourse they doesnt have it available for purchase yet.

Japanese version, already out:
FH7000/ƒRƒ“ƒZƒvƒgb‰t»ƒeƒŒƒrE”–Œ^ƒeƒŒƒrbREGZA
http://www.toshiba.co.jp/product/tv/lineup/pdf/spec08b.pdf

Hmmm, this sounds exactly like the exact same situation we had last year with the release of the first ZF series teles. We probably won't see them until second half of the year at this rate then.

I think Tosh UK are basically clueless. I didn't even bother relating the part of the conversation where I asked the sales guys if all of their current ranges were S-PVA panels and they said "What do you mean by that?" I explained and they said "we don't have that kind of information".

Well, quite. :rolleyes:

It still leaves me in a bit of a pickle. At the moment, I'm tending towards getting my money back and picking up a current ZF series from a retailer who still has them... and counting on the fact that it'll develop the line fault after a few months, by which time the next-gen ZF's will be available here! ;)

You're right, you know - that's exactly what I do want!

*sigh* I'm still dithering. At the moment, it looks as though my best option would be to try for a refund and buy the ZF from someone else, or to buy the ZV from Digital Direct to get a free three-year warranty and a couple of hundred quid in my pocket!

But... there are so many lovely shiny TV's out there. I really didn't want to be in this position again so soon; last time was bad enough. *sigh*

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom