Sony Bravia Z4500 LCD with 200Hz Motionflow

Can anyone tell me how well this set handles reflections. Does it have a matte screen or a glossy screen with an anti reflective coating ?

Thanks.

Thanks TraceT, unfortunantly I can't control the level of lighting in my room very well so a matte screen would be preferable. I had read on this review

Sony Bravia KDL-40Z4500 - DigitalVersus

that the screen was matte but I can't seem to find a display model anywhere to check.

Does this TV receive Freeview HD or just Freeview?

It gets all analogue + SD + HD channels. It does not do 3D though.

Hi all , got my TV today - and its really amazing. I've been waiting a long time but couldn't decide to go for the 46x or z. But since the design of the z4500 is much more elegant as it is with the x( two speakers left and right) I chose the z. And the pros of the x arent really that noticeable as the design is.

But might anyone give me his settings like backlight, contrast ...as I did not have time so far to adjust the tv .

K thx in advance and merry x-mas.

I use these settings on my KDL46Z4500...

Picture...

Picture Mode: Cinema
Backlight: 2
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 50
Colour: 60
Colour Temperature: Warm 2
Sharpness: 3
Noise Reduction: Low
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off

Advanced Settings...

Adv. Contrast Enhancer: Off
Colour Space: Standard

Features...

Power Saving: Standard Power
Light Sensor: Off
Motionflow: Max
Film Mode: Off
Game/Text Mode: Off
x.v.Colour: Auto

Used Video Essentials (Blu-ray) to set up.
Sources include PS3 & Virgin V+ HD. Use the same settings for everything and love it to bits! :thumbsup:

Hope this helps. :)

Yes. it displays any content you can throw at it except 3D.

I mean by plugging an antenna into it.
Using its own built in tuner.
Without an external Freeview HD box.

This TV is from long before we knew anything about how Freeview HD would work and whilst the DVB-T2 spec was still in development.

Basically, the answer is no, it will not receive UK HD terrestrial broadcasts on its built in tuner; you would need an external Freeview HD box.

Thanks.
I have the option of buying a display model of the 40Z4500 for £515.
I think I'll pass on it.

Thanks.
I have the option of buying a display model of the 40Z4500 for £515.
I think I'll pass on it.
How long has it been on display? That's a pretty good offer, imo, it still stacks up very well against many modern screens, particularly as far as gaming is concerned, or if built in sound quality is an issue.

How long has it been on display? That's a pretty good offer, imo, it still stacks up very well against many modern screens, particularly as far as gaming is concerned, or if built in sound quality is an issue.

I don't know how long it's been out.
I want something that'll give freesat and HD without an external box so I'm thinking of the 40Z5800 (200Hz).
Actually, I don't particularly mind the external freesat box if I can use one remote (Bravia sync) and not have to pay for another universal remote.

Some of this year's Sonys have the internet widgets and streaming options (the 5800 is last year's so it only has Applicast) but I plan to get a PS3 later and this should be getting the widgets in an update.

I read about the PlayTV yesterday but sadly that only does freeview (not freesat) and not HD.

I have not read the whole thread, but I have done several googles! Is there an Auto Update for the firmware on this set? I have the TV plugged into my network but I don't know if I need to update manually or what?

Is the remote control for this tv also able to control Blueray on the Playstation 3?

I think it's only for a standalone Blu-ray player as it doesn't have any effect on our phat PS3's Blu-ray.

ok,thanks,i didn't notice any way to make it work but thought i'd ask on here to see if i maybe missed something.The tv and ps3 seem to have similar style menus so i thought it might've worked.

Sorry to revive a bit of a dormant thread but just picked up a 40 inch version of this from Richer Sounds on clearance and looking for some info on the telly.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get to adjust the White Balance on European models? I think that this can be adjusted on US models and wondered if there was anyway of using the firmware from the US to access the menu? Or would this render the telly unusable in the UK?

Also does anyone have any other settings other than John3:16...I find the warm2 setting give a red cast no matter what.

Thanks

I have a question to owners this TV, I have it also but maybe someone will be know.

Is it possible to select for HDMI #2 audio input, bettwen audio in HDMI cable or audio in analog input jack 3.5mm rear HDMI.

In TV Menu this is not possible but maybe is in Service menu ? Can someone check this, or tell me how to view Service Menu. Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom