Tech Man

Established Member
Reaction score
Philips - Consumer Lifestyle Digital Newsroom - 9000 series Smart LED TV
http://www.ifa.philips.com/

9000 Series Smart LED TV Front View by Philips Communications, on Flickr

(specifications, unconfirmed)
Active 3D FullHD (3D Max)
1200Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR), 0.5ms (600Hz for 32")
Sharp UV2A Panel
Direct LED
LED Pro Local Dimming (224/112 Zones)
Bright Pro
Perfect Pixel HD Engine
Perfect Natural Motion
3D Super Resolution
2D to 3D
Ambilight Spectra XL
Built-in Wi-Fi
Net TV Platform with Web Browser
DLNA protocol
Dual View gaming
4x HDMI
40W Incredible Sound

39 mm Depth
Available is sizes, 32", 37", 40", 46", 52"
H/K variants
Wireless Keyboard support

(official press)
Product features:
· Less than 40mm thick with even further improved picture and sound quality
· Ambilight Spectra XL, a new Ambilight for more immersion (40" and above)
· Full HD TV and Perfect Pixel HD Engine for unrivalled clarity
· LED Pro for extreme contrast and brilliance (LED for 32" and 37")
· Superb motion sharpness: 400Hz Clear LCD, 0.5ms (200Hz for 32")
· Perfect Natural Motion for ultra-smooth 3D movies (not in 32")
· Integrated Wi-Fi for seamless connectivity
· 3D Super Resolution resulting in ideal picture enhancement for sources of any quality
· 40W RMS Soundstage producing sound with more dynamism and power
· Net TV with Wi-Fi for popular online apps on your TV
· Online Premium video stores and TV shows on demand
· Wi-Fi MediaConnect to play all PC media files wirelessly on your TV
· SimplyShare to browse PC, smart devices and Home network content
· Smart USB recording: interrupt your favorite program without missing a moment.

· Moth Eye Filter uses nanostructures to eliminate reflection (46PFL9706 only)
· Local Dimming in 3D mode
· ISF Calibration
Philips - Consumer Lifestyle Digital Newsroom - Philips Smart TV
Get Smart…TV | Philips Pulse

Last edited:
"PVR 32 GB Dual Tuner" feature sounds interesting. Did not find any info about this one on the official version. Is this left out?

"PVR 32 GB Dual Tuner" feature sounds interesting. Did not find any info about this one on the official version. Is this left out?

This feature has probably been dropped!

What is meant by Ambilight Spectra XL? Does the XL just mean the ambilight goes further up the wall?

It says (specifications, unconfirmed) , so time will tell. :)
The reason being that I collected this data before the official press release. "Specifications, unconfirmed" is my wording.

What is meant by Ambilight Spectra XL? Does the XL just mean the ambilight goes further up the wall?

Ambilight Spectra XL has a double row of LEDs, surpassing the power of Ambilight Spectra 3 – available in previous and in current 32”and 37” 9000 series models – and creating an Ambilight that literally comes alive

Ambilight Spectra XL has a double row of LEDs, surpassing the power of Ambilight Spectra 3 – available in previous and in current 32”and 37” 9000 series models – and creating an Ambilight that literally comes alive

That doesn't really tell me much, how does it 'come alive' exactly?! Can't see how it would be any different to Ambilight 3?

Hi hristoslav2,
any news on the price of the 46" ?

Thanks
saarnold

I doubt we'll see these tvs in the UK until October, so we won't be seeing any prices for a long time yet.

Own a Kuro, but I know the 21:9 2010 model and it is superb. But, rather surprisingly, philips have gone cheap it seems on the 2011 model with it having pricise pixel engine instead of this years perfect pixel engine and on top of that only ambilight spectra 2 and running 100Hz to last years 400HZ and Spectra 3. :confused:

Own a Kuro, but I know the 21:9 2010 model and it is superb. But, rather surprisingly, philips have gone cheap it seems on the 2011 model with it having pricise pixel engine instead of this years perfect pixel engine and on top of that only ambilight spectra 2 and running 100Hz to last years 400HZ and Spectra 3. :confused:

The new 50" gold 21:9 is not a a replacement for the 58" 21:9 Platinum version, this will still be the flagship and continue to be part of the 2011 range.

The new 50" gold 21:9 is not a a replacement for the 58" 21:9 Platinum version, this will still be the flagship and continue to be part of the 2011 range.

Indeed, because the 21:9 is a niche market at the minute I think they intend to only update this every 2 years.

Last edited:
Looks so sexy and the spec are simply amazing, Philips 46PFL9706 is my next TV, can't wait :p

philips9000seriessmartl.jpg

philips9000seriessmartl.jpg

Last edited:
Looks so sexy and the spec are simply amazing, Philips 46PFL9706 is my next TV, can't wait :p

The tv looks nice, but I would have hoped that the bezel would have been a bit narrower, more like the Samsung D8000, I don't care too much about the depth of the tv.

Having been a potential customer for the 9704 and the 9705 and been put off by the poor feedback about problems with the tv's and poor response from Philips, (from customer av members), not to mention the time delay in them being readily available in the shops, I am afraid I can no longer get over exited about a Philips tv which may not reach us in large numbers until well beyond October.

It will be a case of considering it at that time only if the new 2011 sets, from other manufacturers don't come up to scratch before the Philips is released.

I do appreciate seeing the pictures and hearing news about it though. I wonder just how soon it will pick up the EISA award this year. ? :rolleyes:

The tv looks nice, but I would have hoped that the bezel would have been a bit narrower, more like the Samsung D8000, I don't care too much about the depth of the tv.

Having been a potential customer for the 9704 and the 9705 and been put off by the poor feedback about problems with the tv's and poor response from Philips, (from customer av members), not to mention the time delay in them being readily available in the shops, I am afraid I can no longer get over exited about a Philips tv which may not reach us in large numbers until well beyond October.

It will be a case of considering it at that time only if the new 2011 sets, from other manufacturers don't come up to scratch before the Philips is released.

I do appreciate seeing the pictures and hearing news about it though. I wonder just how soon it will pick up the EISA award this year. ? :rolleyes:

Im glad it's not like C8000 which looks ugly as sin, i hate this super narrow bezel.

Well lets hope the 2011 model will have less problems than their predecessors.

That was one of the reasons why i went for 8605 instead and the awesome look :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom