Samsung Eco Cashback Offer

kena

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone who purchased a TV with this offer, have you had your cashback yet. If so how long did it take.

I bought a 46" 8000 series LED TV at the end of November, filled in the online claim form and had an aknowledgement from Samsung, but to date have not received anything or heard anything else from them.

I was just wondering whether to give them a call or wait a little while longer.

cheers

kena

Nope, not received mine yet. Bought before Christmas and haven't heard a thing since other than the auto reply email.

I've sent them a message asking when I can expect the cheque but had nowt back.

They were very quick to reply before I bought the TV though!

Got an acknowledgement on 15 Dec stating cashback would be paid within 28 days. Still waiting 56 days later!

Emailed two weeks ago and was ignored, managed to get through on phone a week ago and was told there was a" delay in geting the cheques printed" and payment would be made in the next 10 days.

I'm worried that this may be a scam by whoever is operating the offer on behalf of Samsung. Surely if there was a genuine reason for the delay they would have contacted everyone. If the money doesn't turn up I'm sure we will all have grounds for a claim against the retailer where we bought our sets.

Well I sent in my paperwork and got a response stating I didnt qualify because I bought my TV outside of the qualification period but I hadnt so I sent in all the details again along with screenshot of the webpage which clearly shows I do qualify.

Surprise surprise, no response!

well, finally got a reply from samsung:

"Dear Kit

Our reference: XXXXXXXXXX

Thanks for your application for the Samsung Eco Cashback promotion. We have received your claim but unfortunately to progress your claim further, we need a valid VAT invoice or sales receipt which, to date, has not been received. You can either reply to this email with an attached file, post the document to Samsung 2010 ECO Cashback Offer, PO Box 151, Ludlow, SY8 9BE or fax it to 01584 871371.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to call 01584 871381, between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,

Samsung Promotions"

Annoying as I attached a PDF copy of my invoice when I filling in the original form. I've sent another copy to them so here's hoping...

guys if i buy my sammy online, and they dont have any info on the eco cashback, can i still claim the cashback from where ever i buy the tv from, cheers.

guys if i buy my sammy online, and they dont have any info on the eco cashback, can i still claim the cashback from where ever i buy the tv from, cheers.
I was led to believe that the offer was only available through certain qualifying retailers.

Just called them and was told that my cheque will be posted on Friday...:thumbsup:

Re-----------Samsung ECO OFFER

Has anyone actually had the offer yet?

I rang the number and spoke to a representative of Samsung in relation to the offer after sending my completed application form .that was 2weeks ago..
I was told that the application was ok and told that my money would be sent out between 7 to 10 days time.......

I wait with baited breath

Yes, I have received my cheque. I sent my cashback request in on 8th December after buying a TV from 1st Audiovisual. I chased them up on this number 01584 871381 on the 18th Feb. I was told during the phone call there was no problem with my application and the lady couldn't understand why it hadn't been processed sooner. She validated it on their system and told me the cheque would be printed w/c 22nd Feb. I received it in the post on Saturday 27th Feb.

My original invoice from 1st Audiovisual did not have the serial number on it. The T+Cs offer stated the serial number must be present. I edited my PDF scan off the invoice to include the serial number. I wonder if that helped?

HTH

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy tab 2, the online form invoice dates only go from 1st Aug - 14th Aug and I bought mine on 10th September. I've emailed them but I don't expect a reply from reading the above posts. The postal form doesn't give enough boxes to input all my address. I might just get onto Comet where i purchased it from because I only bought it from them because of the cashback.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom