iPhone Insurance?

xnetco

AVF web host manager
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello.

Does anyone know how to order the iPhone insurance? It didn't ask me during the registration process and I've rung O2 who told me that I need to order it on iTunes.

Anyone else managed to successfully order it?

Tim

O2 offered it when i bought the phone. I didnt get it but they said I can order it within 72 hours.

Do I need it? They said it covers against theft, breakage etc.

What is your advice?

Thanks

I would check the fine print before signing up for it to make sure you're actually getting what they are promising.

I too would love to know how much this is, as it is expensive to replace.

Also, as I got mine from CPW, does their insurance mean I can cancel contract early? i.e. if a new iPhone was launched in 13 months time I could cancel and get that?

The CPW insurance is a total scam. I'm canceling that first thing on Monday.

I was persuaded to have the CPW insurance.

Expensive. So I cancelled it today. On the O2 website there is a section specially for iPhone insurance which is better than the CPW version and is only £7.50 per month.

D

I was told by CPW that I wasn't allowed to leave the shop with the iPhone unless I bought their insurance which I think is actually illegal. I rang up and told O2, even though it wasn't their fault, they said sorry and gave me £100.

Before taking out any of this 3rd party rip off insurance, always give your home insurance provider a call to get a quote off them, you may be surprised. It only costs about £8 per year to get my laptop and DSLR camera insured for loss or damage outside of the home.

I was told by CPW that I wasn't allowed to leave the shop with the iPhone unless I bought their insurance which I think is actually illegal. I rang up and told O2, even though it wasn't their fault, they said sorry and gave me £100.

That is illegal, yes. Each consultant has to be monitored regurarly and assesed using the FSA guidelines in order to sell any insurance products. Mis-advising a policy is against the law.

Report CPW. They made purchasing the iPhone a hassle for me. It turned a simple 5min purchase into a 20min ordeal...trying to sell me everything but and iPhone, along with insurance. Luckily I didnt listen to any bit of their nonsense.

It's nice to know they didn't force you to buy it.

Tim

yeah I had a look at CPA insurance. It seemed very
expensive. The problem with the home insurnace option is that 02 say that you have to pay a cancellation
fee and take out a new contract when u make
a claim. Anyway applied for 02 insurance today but they still haven't Got back to me.

Anyway my first post from my iPhone went well.

Before taking out any of this 3rd party rip off insurance, always give your home insurance provider a call to get a quote off them, you may be surprised. It only costs about £8 per year to get my laptop and DSLR camera insured for loss or damage outside of the home.

Most cover items like this by default... mine covers portable items upto £2000 in and out of the house (for upto 1 month at a time). Fair enough, I can't just walk into a shop and get a new phone straight away like you can with the CPW insurance, I have to phone my insurance company who'll contact o2 and I'll get a ne wphone the next day.

the o2 insurance looks good. Takes 24 hours to setup apparently.

yeah I had a look at CPA insurance. It seemed very
expensive. The problem with the home insurnace option is that 02 say that you have to pay a cancellation
fee and take out a new contract when u make
a claim. Anyway applied for 02 insurance today but they still haven't Got back to me.

Well they would say that, surely the home insurance would just give you the money to buy a new Iphone?

the o2 insurance looks good. Takes 24 hours to setup apparently.

I think so too. I had a message saying I would be contacted.

I did contact my insurance, It seemed fair too. Except covered the phone for "household" accidents only.

Similarly covered when in the car under the car insurance (but with a £200 excess)

I think so too. I had a message saying I would be contacted.

I did contact my insurance, It seemed fair too. Except covered the phone for "household" accidents only.

Similarly covered when in the car under the car insurance (but with a £200 excess)

I had a message saying I would be contacted to, it didn't happen so I rang o2 who said it had already been activated.

Well they would say that, surely the home insurance would just give you the money to buy a new Iphone?

But what they are saying is that you would simply be able to buy an iphone and transfer your account, you would have to take out a second contract, whilst paying of the first contract you cannot use.... Stupid really.

If you look at the literature about 02 insurance there seems to have been a lot of misinformation going on, it states you can cancel it within 72 hours and take it out in the first 28 days after registering.

Should also add CPW told me if you bought your iphone from them you can only take out insurance from them? Anyone know if thats true?

Should also add CPW told me if you bought your iphone from them you can only take out insurance from them? Anyone know if thats true?

That's total false. Your allowed to insure the phone with whoever you like.

That's total false. Your allowed to insure the phone with whoever you like.

Thought so, they've been trying some dirty tricks to get people to take insurance..... I bet they dont make any money on the actual iphone, they probably are making it all on insurance....

I do know CPW employees do get £5 for every iphone they sell mind.

I also didn't get an email so rang up and checked - insurance had already been added. They send the email to your o2 email address, just checked and mine is in there.

Superb, yet another email account :)

At least I know the phone is covered

Didnt know i had an 02 email address, I just checked it but there's nothing there about the insurance, im really getting fed up with them i tried taking insurance out on saturday and have been trying ever since....

I noticed there is an 0870 number under the insurance section when i log in, will call after work, i have only been calling 2302, i hope i get somewhere with it today.

The iphone contract states:-

8.3 If this Agreement is ended during the Minimum Period, you may be required to pay us the monthly subscription charges up to the end of that Minimum Period. This does not apply if you end the Agreement for the reasons in paragraph 8.4 or if you purchase a new iPhone from us, but in this case you agree that a new Minimum Period will apply.

Does that mean that i do have to take a new contract out if my iphone is lost/damaged/stolen...... why do they have to give a written contract to a dyspraxic person:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::suicide::suicide::suicide::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Once again I concur with Hitby.

Following his tip I went to the O2 site and find I have been allocated an O2 email account.

Aside from a welcome thanking me for activating my iPhone I had the follwoing message

"Thank you for the request for insurance cover on your iPhone.

Were pleased to announce your iPhone with mobile number 07515xxxxxx, is now insured with O2 Insure. A charge of £7.50 will be added to your monthly O2 bill......

So it appears they did get in contact, just via an email account I didn't now I had. Not complaining though, I wonder if I can get my iPhone to fetch mail from there too.

I know Sim667 has been a big suporter of iPhone, for info Sim, you do not need to insure via CPW. I was pursuaded and cancelled less than 24 hours later after finding the O2 insurance. Persevere, it is worth it.

K

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom