iPhone Insurance?

Unfortunately forums full of instances where they've decided they won't pay out - terms are a little vague in places. Consensus seems to be that o2 costs a load but replaces without issue, as do home insurers. But the other ones... get what you paid for...

I can't find one bad review of phoneguard... :confused:

However, I wouldn't pay £120 to insure something worth only 3 x that... Try moneysupermarket or something and see what insurance they recommend. That, or switch to an LTSB account and get all the other benefits too...

I can't find one bad review of phoneguard... :confused:

However, I wouldn't pay £120 to insure something worth only 3 x that... Try moneysupermarket or something and see what insurance they recommend. That, or switch to an LTSB account and get all the other benefits too...

CUSC dont cover unattended loss.

I got my iphone 3GS 32gb yesterday and didn't take the o2 insurance as I thought it was a bit steep.

But after looking at some other places today they cost between £5-8 per month but they don't cover some likely situations and also have a higher excess.

I am actually thinking of going with o2...I know its expensive but for peace of mind and lower excess its worth it imo. Also the thought of forking out £540 for a replacement is a nightmare:eek:

I got my iphone 3GS 32gb yesterday and didn't take the o2 insurance as I thought it was a bit steep.

But after looking at some other places today they cost between £5-8 per month but they don't cover some likely situations and also have a higher excess.

I am actually thinking of going with o2...I know its expensive but for peace of mind and lower excess its worth it imo. Also the thought of forking out £540 for a replacement is a nightmare:eek:

Me too.

Counting "for" it - I only got my 3GS on PAYG as someone pickpocketed my 3G and I got a £340 cheque for it to buy a 3GS with. (but I'm no longer insured)

Counting "against" - you know it's sod's law that it wouldn't get touched in the whole 12 months and you'd be stuffing £120 down the toilet :eek:

I've decided that O2 customer services are a bunch of wa****rs.
I've been trying to set up insurance with them for my payandgo iphone 3gs purchased online on 23/6/09. According to the website I can set up the insurance within 28 days of purchase. Looked at the website, rang 2427, referred by them to 2425, which gave a list of options - not one of which mentioned insurance! Rang the 0870 number, they told me to go to an O2 store to set it up. Rang the local O2 store, who tried to tell me you could only set up insurance at the time you buy it, and anyway, as I'd bought it from the O2 online store, I'd have to do via the online store anyway! Wouldn't believe me when I told them that the website says you have 14 days grace for inshop purchase!

So, back to the 0870 number, who listened to the above, and then tried to send me on the same 2425 runaraound again, and also tried to tell me you could only set it up at the time of purchase.

Have given up in disgust. They obviously don't want my money, and either their website lies, or their customer reps know SFA about their own products/services. I think I won't bother with the insurance after all - but what a bunch of ******s. :mad:

I've been trying to set up insurance with them for my payandgo iphone 3gs purchased online on 23/6/09. According to the website I can set up the insurance within 28 days of purchase. Looked at the website, rang 2427, referred by them to 2425, which gave a list of options - not one of which mentioned insurance! Rang the 0870 number, they told me to go to an O2 store to set it up. Rang the local O2 store, who tried to tell me you could only set up insurance at the time you buy it, and anyway, as I'd bought it from the O2 online store, I'd have to do via the online store anyway! Wouldn't believe me when I told them that the website says you have 14 days grace for inshop purchase!

So, back to the 0870 number, who listened to the above, and then tried to send me on the same 2425 runaraound again, and also tried to tell me you could only set it up at the time of purchase.

Have given up in disgust. They obviously don't want my money, and either their website lies, or their customer reps know SFA about their own products/services. I think I won't bother with the insurance after all - but what a bunch of ******s. :mad:

I can’t believe they sent you round like that. I am planning on calling them up tonight. I am on pay monthly so might be a bit easier (here’s hoping).

Me too.

Counting "for" it - I only got my 3GS on PAYG as someone pickpocketed my 3G and I got a £340 cheque for it to buy a 3GS with. (but I'm no longer insured)

Counting "against" - you know it's sod's law that it wouldn't get touched in the whole 12 months and you'd be stuffing £120 down the toilet :eek:

Was the 3G that got pickpocketed covered by o2 insurance?

Was the 3G that got pickpocketed covered by o2 insurance?

No, covered by house insurance just before I moved house. O2 would've given me another 3G so in that instance having house insurance was a plus - took 2 weeks to sort out though. But now I have a 3GS that I paid £200 for :)

i've gone with cusc foneguard, read through the details and for less than a fiver a month they seem to cover everything i need, it might be worth you looking at that one before you shell out the £120??

Oh I will do mate it's my pride and joy. Got my case and screen protector on the way.

Hi all,

I need some help in deciding what insurance to get for my wife's 16gb 3g iphone. she recently purchased on pay as you go from a friend. not sure what/how/where to insure it with?

i've got the 3gs and have the 02 premium insurance but have read many people have insured under there home contents insurance. However, the home contents insurance is under my dads name.

i bank with hsbc and they do not provide much. i know halifax have an account for £12.50 per month which covers the phone, gives you annual travel insurance etc

Bit of a strange insurance question, I hope someone can help:

I have an iPhone 3G contract that is a year old
I have an iPhone 3GS PAYG phone that is less than a month old that I use my contract SIM in from the 3G phone

I have spoken to o2 and they've said that as the handset is new they can add insurance to my monthly plan at £10 a month

I can also get PAYG insurance for £120 for 12 months

However, its likely that once my original 3G contract ends this January that I'll go on to SIMplicity. In this case, as I won't be on the contract any more, my contract insurance won't be valid. If I instead take PAYG insurance, will that only be valid if I'm using and topping up the PAYG SIM, as I won't be using that either?

Help :(

I can’t believe they sent you round like that. I am planning on calling them up tonight. I am on pay monthly so might be a bit easier (here’s hoping).

Just a little update. I called customer services about taking the insurance and the guy said 'ok will be a minute' and then it was done. Not sure if it was this easy because i'm on contract but I have made 2 calls to o2 customer services and its been great service both times.:thumbsup:

I got the O2 insurance when I bought my 3G in January.
Bought the 3GS on launch and it has taken from then 'til now to get them to transfer the remainder of the cover to the new handset!!!!

Three calls and a final snotty email and I was finally called today to be informed it was done. :rolleyes:

Just a little update. I called customer services about taking the insurance and the guy said 'ok will be a minute' and then it was done. Not sure if it was this easy because i'm on contract but I have made 2 calls to o2 customer services and its been great service both times.:thumbsup:

So ... I either got 3 cerebrally challenged O2 employees to talk to, or us PayAndGo Customers are second class citizens not worthy of correctly informed help. Couldn't care less, now, because I've checked, and my Contents Insurance covers it.

So ... I either got 3 cerebrally challenged O2 employees to talk to, or us PayAndGo Customers are second class citizens not worthy of correctly informed help. Couldn't care less, now, because I've checked, and my Contents Insurance covers it.

Good to hear you got it covered anyway;)

Just a heads up if this hasnt been mentioned before.

I've just signed up for a Halifax Ultimate Reward account.

Basically you pay £12.50 a month, and you get:

Worldwide Family Travel Ins
RAC cover
Mobile Phone Ins
Home Emergancy cover
Card Protection
Purchase Protection
Price Promise
Travel Accident cover

Loads of discounts on other stuff too.

Also if you pay in more than £1000 a month you get £5 back.

So your basically getting it all for £7.50 inc iPhone ins.

Just a heads up if this hasnt been mentioned before.

I've just signed up for a Halifax Ultimate Reward account.

Basically you pay £12.50 a month, and you get:

Worldwide Family Travel Ins
RAC cover
Mobile Phone Ins
Home Emergancy cover
Card Protection
Purchase Protection
Price Promise
Travel Accident cover

Loads of discounts on other stuff too.

Also if you pay in more than £1000 a month you get £5 back.

So your basically getting it all for £7.50 inc iPhone ins.

my bank do the same but dont cover the iphone as its classed as a pda and any phone over £300 :mad: so be careful if signing up to a bank for ins reasons as some do cover the iphone but some dont :(

my bank is the ulsterbank btw

Good point

I registed my 3G today and all went fine so just to confirm Halifax do insure the iPhone in these kind of things.

Pretty sure Halifax mobile insurance doesn't cover liquid damage. I'd have a look at the small print.

....or if you do drop it down the loo, lose it.:D

just signed up with halifax sounds like a good deal!!! better than the £120 o2 wanted

Pretty sure Halifax mobile insurance doesn't cover liquid damage. I'd have a look at the small print.

....or if you do drop it down the loo, lose it.:D

just had a scan through the small print.

nothing mentioned about water damage exclusions so it looks like its covered.

:D

I get O2 insure for £2.49 a month. :thumbsup:
I guess I am fortunate that I have been an O2 customer since, well they weren't even called O2. Looking back through my old bills it has been that price for some years. At the end of every contract I have upgraded my phone, and upgraded to a 3GS on the day it came out. My phone contract may vary, but it looks like my insurance premium has been constant for some time.

just had a scan through the small print.

nothing mentioned about water damage exclusions so it looks like its covered.

:D
Halifax Insurance Booklet

Seems that the Halifax Ultimate Reward does cover liquid damage, on the Home Contents cover it doesn't. Not new for old though.

Make sure you register your phone as cover doesn't start until 15 days thereafter.

just opened a lyodes tsb account for the 7.95 insurance, also gonna put some money in at they offer 4% interest on balances more that £5000! not all bad! (savings by the way):clap:

Hi guys,

I need to know what my options are...

I've just bought and Iphone 3gs and need insurance. CPW is a scam and o2 is still quite expensive. I've checked other places and none of them seem to cover loss of phone. Where do people recommend to get the best cover and the best price?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom