Hotmail on Iphone

Marvt74

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hiya

I've set up my Hotmail account on the iphone but unlike on my old Samsung Omnia when i read an email on my iphone it doesnt sent that info to Hotmail so if i log in via the browser it shows a pile of emails that i'd read/deleted on my phone.

Has anyone managed to get them to be synched? Or is there an app i could get which would do this?

Hiya

I've set up my Hotmail account on the iphone but unlike on my old Samsung Omnia when i read an email on my iphone it doesnt sent that info to Hotmail so if i log in via the browser it shows a pile of emails that i'd read/deleted on my phone.

Has anyone managed to get them to be synched? Or is there an app i could get which would do this?

Hmmmm, I see what you mean, you wanna receive it and read it on your iPhone, but then it to be deleted from your Hotmail account if you delete on your iPhone?

Yeah. Once i'd read it one place i want it read everywhere. Maybe its an apple thing.

If i read a message in Outlook it shows as read in the hotmail browser. Maybe just extra functionality with it all being Microsoft

Hiya

App called mBox Mail lets you see all your hotamail folders and contacts. I wouldn't be without it. Use it rather than hotmail access you set up in iphone Mail app.

See more info here.

Last edited:
Hotmail and the iPhone don't go hand in hand. Not surprising really seeing as Hotmail is Microsoft and Apple and Google (who of course own Gmail) are long standing "partners"....

Hotmail does work on iPhone, but only as POP3 and not IMAP which means, at least natively, you won't do up and down syncing of your mailbox. As you've found out, this means when you read or delete an email on your iPhone, your Hotmail (or Live) inbox is unaffected. Same with sending mails from your iPhone - these mails will not be found in the SENT folder of your Hotmail/Live inbox using a web browser.

Personally I recommend switching to Gmail, and you can even have your Hotmail forwarded to your gmail and set up a custom "from" address to use in gmail. Gmail is a far superior webmail service and after using it you won't miss Hotmail ;)

I also recomend mBox mail, I use the iphone to check my mails now rather than laptop.

Ive just purchased mBox as like you I am new to the iPhone!

Its 2.99 at the moment and seems pretty damn good! Ive replaced the app where the old mail app used to be along the bottom too. Sent an email and browsed my inbox without any problems :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom