Swirly MMS

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is available via Cydia now.

O2 (UK)
MMSC: mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
Proxy: 193.113.200.195:8080

Havent tried it, dont want to, so cant say if it works or not....although thinking about it, does it allow you to receive MMS?? Have no intention of ever sending one but I do occasionally get them sent to me.

How does this work? Does it add anything to my bill?

*edit*

Tried the above, sending failed so I'll wait for some of the experienced Swirliers to have a go and explain it.

Last edited:
In order to use swirly, you will need to have MMS enabled on your tarrif, which, by default is not enabled on an official iPhone contract. There's various ways of persuading O2 to enable it, although I haven't tried yet, other have had success. Obviously if you don't have a iPhone contract, then ignore the above ;).

Texy

I'll try getting o2 to enable mms but there are bits missing in the swirly settings.

Any ideas?

*edit*

What's the best excuse to get mms enabled?

Last edited:
"My iPhone is away for repair, and I,m using my sim in another phone"
"I use my iPhone for work, but at weekends I use another phone"

Swirly settings for O2 -
http://swirlyspace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=76

Let us know how you get on, as it seems to be hit and miss.
Texy

Last edited:
yeah I thought about the different phone for work one. I'll try that.

right after a few errors I've sent 2 which have been recieved but the one sent me has just gone to the website, how do you get it to come through to swirly?

Right I've just spoke to o2 and they say there is no way to enable mms on an official contract.

Anyone else with any input?

Last edited:
officially no, they say official iPhone contracts are unable to be mms enabled as apple won't let them. Doesn't explain how I've been able to send 2 messages though.

swirly sends fine on a 2g vodafone unlocked iphone but i cant seam to receive them as yet
sorted receives as well nice 1

Last edited:
How did you sort recieves?

Looking at some of the old tutorials and stuff there used to be a fetch button within Swirly?

Thought you had to install another app to view photos picture viewer or summit ?

No idea, there doesnt seem to be much info about Swirly on 2.X.

Thought you had to install another app to view photos picture viewer or summit ?

nope it now fetches it and displays it no other prog needed and i have just sorted text forwarding now so thats all my gripes sorted

How did you sort recieves?

Looking at some of the old tutorials and stuff there used to be a fetch button within Swirly?

at first it received it but wouldnt let me view it over 2g but when i enabled my wifi it downloaded the pic no probs

Does Swirly run in the background or something? It doesnt say it is.

I think its all academic until o2 do something about letting us receive them :(

I can send no problem but as J7MAN says, those of use with 3G Contract phones cannot receive MMS as the data is not actually sent to the phone, just a text message telling you there is a new message waiting.
I assume those that can receive are on unlocked 2G phones?

i tried O2 yesterday got nowhere , think it is madness as they would make money from it.....

Got mine sorted too, it wasn't easy...Four calls to O2, 1st refused to acknowledge anything could be done, 2nd and 3rd sent the settings (Same as I had on my K810i) and 4th (After some coaxing from me) toggled the MMS setting on my account which after about half an hour applied and worked fine.

I did also have to use the SE_W800i User Agent setting to get full size pictures.

I've had the "It cant be done", 2 settings sent calls so hopefully the 4th will sort it.

I am indeed, only took about 15 calls haha.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom