Yellow tint, will you return your iPad??

Will you return your yellow/green/blue/red tint iPad 3??

• No, i will keep it anyway!

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • Yes, can't live with it like this!

Votes: 53 51.0%
  • I'm going to wait a few days...

Votes: 32 30.8%

• Total voters

SatDude

Established Member
Reaction score
My 3rd Gen Ipad has some dodgy tint in the screen, not really yellow, more of a green tint.

Question is, will you keep it as it is??

Personally i will be returning it to Apple as for £650+ i expext something near perfect...

Interested in your opinions regarding this issue.

At the moment, the yellow of my screen is driving me nuts (don't get me wrong if I use it for a while it looks fine, but as soon as I go back to my pc / iphone 4s both looks much cleaner and clearer).

I will give it a few days to see if it does sort itself out (like some say) and if not it will go back.

I'm in the same position here MLR, as i bought it from Apple i will wait a few days and then decide...

i agree for this price i want near perfect.last year with ipad 2 i ended up with 11 ipad 2 s until i got a near perfect one.looks like i may have to go though this process again .allso another problem that has arisen is my bamboo stylus isnt responding as well as the ipad 2 ,maybe thats because its a different panel.i though apple would have understood the problems that accured last year with the ipad 2 panels.heat doesnt bother me to much ,yes a little annoying but the screen quad gpu ect understandable

i wouldnt bother waiting, all this talk of screens fixing after a while is bull. I have a 4s bought a week after launch. its still yellow next to my wifes 4. bugs the hell out of me but CBA to take it back as the memory is almost full!

I have 14 days to get a refund anyway so no real hurry, not sure it's worth a 120 mile round trip to get it swapped over in store when it can go back to apple direct. Besides how many black 4G 64GB units will they have spare right now ?

MLR said:
At the moment, the yellow of my screen is driving me nuts (don't get me wrong if I use it for a while it looks fine, but as soon as I go back to my pc / iphone 4s both looks much cleaner and clearer).

I will give it a few days to see if it does sort itself out (like some say) and if not it will go back.

Same here, comparing it side by side with my wife's iPad 2 her screen is pure white, mine is sort of an off white or pale yellow, it's a lot more prominent in the top left hand corner.
I think I will give it a week to settle down and take it to my local Apple store and ask for it to be replaced.

Mine is in the middle and the top right corner.

Mine deffo going back now, just found a dead pixel

MLR, good luck for the next one... I had load od iPad2 before finding a good one, not sure if i want t o do it all over again though.

How can you return it over this?

The tint comes with retina. Ipad 4 will probably have retina as with Ipad 5.

Maybe stick with Ipad 2?

I've got some yellow in the bottom left (that wierdly seems more prominent on this forum) so am gonna give it a week at most to calm down before swapping it.
Very glad I opted to buy direct from Apple - the 14 day returns is a god send.

So if you bought it online from Apple, and had it delivered today, can you return it to an Apple Store and will they swap it for another brand new sealed one (I assume there are no refurbs yet...!)

Assuming you can do this, what happens if they have no stock left?

Last edited:
drb99, from experience yes!

Am I better off ringing apple and asking for a replacement due to the yellow screen, the dead pixel, the spec of dust under the screen ? or just asking for a refund under the 14 day return ?

OR would I be better off going into an apple store (closest is about 60 miles away) ?

I really am gutted that my first experience with an iPad hasn't started well, but i'm sure it will get better once I get one with a decent screen in it.

Mine has the yellow tint 64gig .first production of screens are Samsung ,second are lg and later in the year sharp, so Samsung yellow tint ,lg blue tint and sharp god knows.mine is going back

Am I better off ringing apple and asking for a replacement due to the yellow screen, the dead pixel, the spec of dust under the screen ? or just asking for a refund under the 14 day return ?

OR would I be better off going into an apple store (closest is about 60 miles away) ?

I really am gutted that my first experience with an iPad hasn't started well, but i'm sure it will get better once I get one with a decent screen in it.

Anyone ?

Genius Bar appointment booked for Monday.

Ok I rang apple, spoke to a nice lady in ireland who couldn't appologies enough for me ending up with an ipad with a deal pixel and dust under the screen (but it's not the first she's had on the phone with the same problems).

She said that a return would be sorted out asap, and that they would get it collected and as soon as they have 1 in stock it would be out to me, but she couldn't say how long exactly, could be a week if not more.

So I elected to just return it for a refund.

I have 1 reserved at my local curry's so will go and check that 1 out, fingers crossed it will be better :)

Mine has a yellowish screen and some backlight bleed. Ordered it online. Can I book genius appointment and get a swap at store?

On further examination mine definitely has a greenish screen on the left side, and pink on the right. It is clearly visible on everything you do, unless you're looking at a photo/video. Totally unacceptable!

I bought it from Apple (online). Can i just walk on to my local Apple Store and show them the problem, or do I need to book a genius bar appointment, and if I do, will they have enough stock to give me a replacement (ie do they hold stocks for this type of thing)?

I asked about taking mine to an apple store, she said as it was bought from the online store, if you take it to a retail store they will tell you to contact the online store to get it replaced.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom