The Yellow Tint... Again!

Sartios

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hello anyone else got their new iPad and with the yellow tint? imo it looks awful compared to the cooler one, whites look "dirty"

this isn't my pic but cropped up, but it is a new iPad.

People says it's the adhesive needs time to try, but I don't think that's the case as my 4s never changed from yellow, I had to swap it over.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 12,409
Oh no, here we go....

I've had many apple gadgets - ipads(20+), ipods(5), iphones(15+) - and all the screens where different...

Any backlight bleed???

Yeah I'd be more interested to know if there are still issues with light bleed. I had it on my iPad 2 and people said you only see it in the dark, what a load of tosh, I could see mine on any dark screen, it never went away with time either (as some suggested). Hopefully the new iPad wont have the backlight bleed issue, please say it isnt so....

Hello anyone else got their new iPad and with the yellow tint? imo it looks awful compared to the cooler one, whites look "dirty"

this isn't my pic but cropped up, but it is a new iPad.

People says it's the adhesive needs time to try, but I don't think that's the case as my 4s never changed from yellow, I had to swap it over.

its just a different colour temperature. My 4S is like this and im glad has a warmer colour tone. More natural than the 'blue' tint most people have become accustomed too.

Unless you have two devices next to each other I don't think you can tell. Not something I'm too bothered about though.

When I got my first 4s it was yellow compared to my 4. Then I had my 4s replaced last week the old screen looked more yellow than the replacement I was given. It was then replaced again a day later because the replacements antenna was marked. However I didn't see the 2 screens next to each other this time so I have no idea if this one is yellow.

When I was at the apple store I overheard someone with 2 iPhones in hand comparing the colours. The genius said its normal and that no screen is the same.

no yellow tint on my 16gb wifi white model.

Practically no backlight bleed, 1% at full brightness in 1 tiny spot and that's being really fussy

sounds good to me... cant wait for mine to arrive now... I didnt have much of an issue with backlight bleed myself on my iPad2 but hope it will be negatable on the new one.

No Yellow tint or backlight bleed here, cool white screen on my 32gb white!

Just received my Black 64GB 4G, no much backlight bleed, but a yellowish screen

What do you guys think about the viewing angles?? On the iPad 2 the screen is all the same and in this new iPad it seems to me that it is slightly different.

Looking straight at it is fine but i can see slight diferences in the screen colour...

Colours also seem more vivid on my iPad2.... I guess it doesn't matter as the missus will be having the iPad2 and I won't see it much.

Will post a picture later.

We have two 4S at home, and they both have slightly different screens.

Hasn't ever bothered me (mine has a yellow tint, but ONLY when comparing it to the wife's).

We have two 4S at home, and they both have slightly different screens.

Hasn't ever bothered me (mine has a yellow tint, but ONLY when comparing it to the wife's).

v CJ v what so you think about the viewing angles?

Have you got an ipad2 to compare?

v CJ v what so you think about the viewing angles?

Have you got an ipad2 to compare?

I did have 2 iPad 2s, but sold them last week, so can't compare now.

I didn't notice any problems with viewing angle though.

Just got mine LOVE IT

screen seems ok but if you hold it at an angle the bottom left seems to be yellow hmmm

Just got mine LOVE IT

screen seems ok but if you hold it at an angle the bottom left seems to be yellow hmmm

That is kind of what i was saying earlier...

If i look it at an slight angle, and i know some will say "when will you do that", the area closest to me is ok and the rest is slightly tinted.

IIRC the yellow tint was more accurate in terms of colour reproduction than the 'cool' one anyway.

IIRC the yellow tint was more accurate in terms of colour reproduction than the 'cool' one anyway.

Thats how i feel. The warmer tint helps images display more naturally. I notice my iPad2 looks washed out when im outdoors, not so my iPhone 4.
I didnt like the iPhone 4 at first but got used to it and now prefer the richer, deeper colours to the cold washed out iPad2 (as much as i love that device).

Then again, when the IP4 was released there was also that yellow patches issue, something to do with the glue IIR. Hopefully Apple have got that sorted.

Last edited:
My new iPad has a very definite yellow tint, you can even see it in the icons (eg message) where there is some white. Probably wouldn't matter there but I am very keen on photography and love to use my iPad to view photos, was looking forward to the new one for this.

There is a clear colour cast on the new one. It's not "different, just takes some getting used to". It's wrong. My original iPad showed wonderful, accurate colours.

Disappointed by this at the moment. Will it improve with time? What is my remedy, take to an Apple store (not today!) and get it exchanged?

Ive not noticed my iPad2 showing accurate colours, nor contrast. when i got my IP4 i too felt the same but after a while i found my IP4 to be much closer to my calibrated monitor than my iPad2.
In fact ive read many post from photographers saying how off the iPad 2 looks compared to a calibrated monitor.

Ive had all my devices sitting underneath my monitor, all showing the exact same images and my IP4 was always closer on most of them. Some images you just dont see a difference, especially not indoors.

I think its quite a shock at first, as you get used to the iPad2's screen but give it a few days and your eyes will love the new one. Assuming that its not faulty of course.

No backlight bleed on my 32gb and the warmer hue(if its there???) looks great!! The screen really is good but to appreciate just how much put it next to the ipad2.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom