ChrisBurns attempts another Fusion 780G variant

chrisburns75

Established Member
Reaction score
Well got all the parts yesterday( See Pic).
I am going to get it ready this weekend.

Antec Fusion Remote case (Silver)
Antec Earthwatts Power supply
AMD 5050e
Gigabyte 780g MOBO
Ninja Mini cooler (Dont know if i will use the fan yet)
4 Gig RAM
80 gig 2.5 " Hard Drive for OS and Program files (Not so sure anymore if htis is the correct way to go but its bought and probably more reliable than next item)
500 Gig WD Caviar (Taken from a WD MyWorld HD that is useless as NAD but hard drive should be ok)
Panasonic DVD-RW £16 stopgap till i can afford BluRay
Will update later

Attachments

• 15042009.jpg
    15042009.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 549
Well got all the parts yesterday( See Pic).
I am going to get it ready this weekend.

Antec Fusion Remote case (Silver)
Antec Earthwatts Power supply
AMD 5050e
Gigabyte 780g MOBO
Ninja Mini cooler (Dont know if i will use the fan yet)
4 Gig RAM
80 gig 2.5 " Hard Drive for OS and Program files (Not so sure anymore if htis is the correct way to go but its bought and probably more reliable than next item)
500 Gig WD Caviar (Taken from a WD MyWorld HD that is useless as NAD but hard drive should be ok)
Panasonic DVD-RW £16 stopgap till i can afford BluRay
Will update later

Thanks for adding your build mate :thumbsup:

It looks like you had a budget to stick to, what was your cost?

Try the larger hard drive first - a small drive will really limit your options later - just make sure you partition your 500GB drive so that the OS is on a 50Gb or so partition and the data on the rest.

What OS are you using?

What frontend do you intend to use?

Make sure you add more pics and let us know how you got on the with the build.

Got it up and running last night .Installed Windows 7 64 bit.Very nice to use and pleasing on the eye
I am going to tidy up the wiring now,probably order quieter case fans then update all the normal running drivers play with the Remote Control software .
I need to sit down and decide if i want to try XMBC or one of the other Media front ends or leave it be as truth is i seem to have tried most of them on the old computer and Yes they look nice but as most AV fans will attest too they are all buggy and require a lot of setting up and maintenace.
Never thought i would say it but Windows folders system is easy and Windows 7 has a nice right click and play to any device on the network.

Oh and my budget was £300 and i have overspent by £20 (so far)
More pics the morn

Added to the budget build part of the sticky, just make sure you add as much extra info as you can and plenty of pics.

Thanks! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom