My HTPC Build. GA-E7AUM

Ashish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Ordered my kit last Friday from ebuyer and had it delivered for Saturday morning.

Been reading this forum and AVS and this is the Kit i ordered.

Item: Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H GeForce 9400 Socket 775 onboard VGA DVI HDMI 7.1 channel audio mATX Motherboard
Item: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Socket 775 (3.0GHz) 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
Item: Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII *32MB Cache* - OEM
Item: Logitech Dinovo Edge Bluetooth Rechargable Wireless Keyboard - USB
Item: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800Mhz/PC2-6400 GOLD XTC Memory Kit CL5(5-5-5-18)
Item: Antec Fusion Remote Veris Black MATX Media Center Case - No PSU
Item: Corsair 520W HX Series Modular PSU - ATX12V v2.2 APFC

Well after 2 days of installing and re-installing vista, my 5.1 decided to work last night.

I have Transformers and Beowulf 1080p DTS, which came out multi channel on my amp cant believe how long it took for that to eventually work.

I have this as HDMI --> ONKYO 605 --> Samsung plasma.

Installed Media portal, downloaded the Haali media splitter and FFdshow.

The dinovo keyboard is a very nice slick keyboard and works well too. Love the fact that i can turn my PC on and off from the media centre control that came with the case.

Will try and get round to installing the MP TV Series and moving pictures and maybe the monochrome skin tonight, if i have time...

I will try and post up a few pics when i get back.

Thanks for reading...:)

Last edited:
here are the pics.

all the bits and pieces.
IMG_0808.jpg

the case
IMG_0810.jpg

memory, nice and shiny... :D
IMG_0814.jpg

Everything in.
IMG_0811.jpg

Media portal.
IMG_0819.jpg

Media portal moving pictures
IMG_0820.jpg

MP TV Series
IMG_0821.jpg

Funnily enough, now my DTS and DD does not show up anymore, i just get multichannel. when i do the test the logos light up on the amp.. another headache to deal with, was hard enough getting it to recognise my 5.1
IMG_0823.jpg

DOes anyone know why this would be with the sound. I am using haali and FFD show. do i need to install any other software???

thanks

If you are still hearing 5.1 audio (i.e. the right sounds coming out of the right speakers), even if the amp doesn't display a DD5.1 logo, it could well be that your PC is decoding the Dolby rather than your amp - so the quality should be the same. (This is also the case with Dolby True HD and DTS HD etc. - as these can't be output bitstreamed over HDMI without expensive PC HDMI sound cards - but they can be decoded in the PC and output as multichannel PCM)

Last edited:
Excellent, and thanks for taking time to take pics during the build, alwasy helpful to people! :smashin:

top draw really helpful as im looking too build a htpc :)

hey stephen,

finally got it working last night,

in ffdshow, i set the speakers to 6 speakers settings, and in media portal, i set the audio codec to read of the ffdshow, rather than the direct audio setting, so now i have the DTS and dolby appearing with the multichannel.

Just got to tweak the graphics, seems to be a little on the pixelated side..

Thanks

If you are still hearing 5.1 audio (i.e. the right sounds coming out of the right speakers), even if the amp doesn't display a DD5.1 logo, it could well be that your PC is decoding the Dolby rather than your amp - so the quality should be the same. (This is also the case with Dolby True HD and DTS HD etc. - as these can't be output bitstreamed over HDMI without expensive PC HDMI sound cards - but they can be decoded in the PC and output as multichannel PCM)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom