Kuffdam's Floating Wall thread

Kuffdam

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Well after investing in a new amp and speaker package for my home cinema I was trying to work out the best way to hide the wires, the suddenly I found the groove thread and was inspired by his set up. On showing my better half, she decided we should aim for the same style set up... thanks Groove....

So here we go with the pictures and the process

First let me start with my original set up as it was.
P1000990.jpg

The lights on my old system
P1000993.jpg

The new project gets under way
P1010010.jpg

The frame gets built
P1010011.jpg

Spaces cut out for the plugs
P1010013.jpg

The rope light is attached and tried out
P1010016.jpg

The boarding is attached to the wall
P1010017.jpg

Space cut out for the wiring from the TV
P1010018.jpg

Both boards now attached
P1010020.jpg

2 Ikea units, back cut out of 1 for plugs to fit in the drawer
P1010021.jpg

what its gonna look like soon
P1010022.jpg

Time for the paint job to match the living room
P1010024.jpg

The finished job, new Pioneer amp and Tannoy Arena sound package
P1010088.jpg

The cabinets
P1010090.jpg

The other cabinet
P1010091.jpg

The tv, Sharp 46 Aquos
P1010093.jpg

The rest of the room
P1010095.jpg

The sofa and rear speakers
P1010096.jpg

The set up in the daylight
P1010098.jpg

The night time package
P1010103.jpg

So there ya go guys... my new home cinema package is fully complete, the sound is unreal... been watching a ton of movies on it already and loving it... really glad i did the work...

Enjoy

Very nice work mate, looks real smart :), love the Tannoys

Looks great mate, night shot especially

:smashin:

I'm really pleased with it now...

watched Blade on sky hd last night and it was outstanding

The speakers are Tannoy Arena Lite...

The lite system comes with a 100w sub instead of the 300w sub which was just a little bit much for a top floor flat lol

Really loving the whole setup mate, dont suppose you're Kuffdam the electronic music producer are you?

Gents i have deleted some posts as they are not relevant to this thread.

This is the DIY section and a certain member has an excellent thread of a build from start to finish. It is only natural that other members will see that thread and be inspired by it, it is even in the FAQ at the top of the page and although it might not have been the first it is by its nature an inspirational thread.
Please, lets be adult about this and not argue over who's was first etc, lets just enjoy and learn from other members threads and posts as that is what the forums is all about. The DIY section is one of the best sections on the forums imo, and it is certainly one of the most friendly and helpful so lets keep it that way :)

LOL! I'm quite a fan! Hows things going these days? I've not really kept up to date these past couple of years I must admit

Great stuff

I've just finished my debut album with Vandit which will be out this year... can't wait,,,

I'm playing with PVD at Ministry OF Sound in may... if your around.. drop down

www.kuffdam.co.uk for more info

Very nice floating wall. Have almost completed something similar for my sister and will be very happy if it comes close to yours and the others recently featured in these threads.

Quick question, if I may...Was wondering where you got the New York cityscape canvas from...? Have been looking for something similar for my house for a long time.

Ta.

Hi,

That is very nice indeed :thumbsup:

I am planning the same thing in my lounge and have a few questions:

What size is the MDF wall?

At what height did you mount your screen?

and how much space is there in the cabinets for the AV receiver?

Many thanks

Nigel.

May I ask a question or two?

What TV bracket did you use?

How long did it take you from start to finish?

The bracket was just a unit I picked up from ebay, no idea on the brand

As for the job time, 2 days... 1 to put the wall up and 1 to do the painting

looks great, good work fella.

and isnt it a great feeling the first evening after finishing when you sit and look at it.

Absolutely brilliant setup mate. I'd love to do mine like that but I think I would make a balls of it :(

I don't suppose you can recommend a guide of some kind??? ;)

sorry for the lack of replies to questions guys

I've broken my arm and fractured my spine in an accident so I've been laid up watching far more movies and tv on the new set up than I was expecting...

this might be a stupid question but...

what dya do if you need to change the cables? ie if the TV only has 2 scart sockets yet you have 3 scart devices like i do?

im forever moving my tv to swap the scart leads

ps get well soon :oops:

sorry for the lack of replies to questions guys

I've broken my arm and fractured my spine in an accident so I've been laid up watching far more movies and tv on the new set up than I was expecting...

Sorry to hear that, get well soon and enjoy your home cinema.

Sorry to hear that mate, but not a bad place to be ill in

this might be a stupid question but...

what dya do if you need to change the cables? ie if the TV only has 2 scart sockets yet you have 3 scart devices like i do?

im forever moving my tv to swap the scart leads

ps get well soon :oops:

there is a gap cut out behind the tv and also along the bottom where the ikea cabinets are... i can just drop a new cable down the back and reach it easy

Really nice install there Kuffdam, and hope you recover soon!

Also inspired by Groove's install, but your use of the 2 x units would be the same as I can fit into the lounge.

Question - (I think somebody else also asked it)...don't suppose you could measure the height of the shelf where your equipment sits, could you pls?...I'm debating whether to go the whole hog and also buy an Onkyo 875 amp, but have read that they run v hot and require a lot of cooling....have you had any temp probs with your reciever? (looks a tight fit!)

Cheers
Spencer

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom