Can You Name This Equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amal99

Ex Member
Reaction score
I saw this in American Psycho and thought it would be interesting to know what the equipment actually is.

americanpsycho131hf0.jpg

I can see a cassette player, equalizer, CD player and an amplifier. I think the white block between the equalizer and amplifier is probably a power amp?

What do you guys think?

Afternoon,

It's actually Sansui equipment. I have the model numbers at home and will post them later if I can find them.

Rob

Afternoon,

It's actually Sansui equipment. I have the model numbers at home and will post them later if I can find them.

Rob

I thought it was this too (as written in the book), but though the directors wouldnt bother with details such as these since most people would not care.

Taken from the book: "On the other side of the room, next to a
desk and a magazine rack by Gio Ponti, is a complete stereo system
(CD player, tape deck, tuner, amplifier) by Sansui with six-foot
Duntech Sovereign 2001 speakers in Brazilian rosewood."

What happened to Sansui? Do they still make audio equipment?

Last edited:
I think richer sounds sold some of there items in the 90's or 00's.
Am sure i remember a tape deck and an amp at some point in one of their catologues.

Check to see if they are Duntech Sovereign 2001 speakers.

Hi

had a look but still not sure .but if they say they are Duntech Sovereign 2001 speakers then they must be .

Last edited:
Hi

had a look but still not sure .but if they say they are Duntech Sovereign 2001 speakers then they must be .

These are the Duntechs mentioned in the book
instal12.jpg

Looking at the ones in the movie, they are no way near that size, so they cant be the same speakers.

Afternoon,

Rob

Any chance of posting the model numbers? Could have a look on the link trailer gave us.

There's a "rogues gallery" on here: The Best of Sansui

Thanks for that, should come in handy for those who are curious.

that caint be right they are massive :eek:

Yeah they're massive! I guess the equipment was real but the speakers they changed.

The equipment looks like harmon kardon stuff to me.

This thread is over 14 months old,and posted by an ex-member.

It's closed now so that it doesn't need to be further exhumed,and can rest in peace. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom