ONKYO CR435 - anyone got one- is 14w pc enough?

mrbenn

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have one of these:
Onkyo CR435 Black | Excluding speakers | Richer Sounds

there £150 at richers and look great except that the power output seems low - only 14x2 watts - are they just being realistic? or should i go for the denon dm37?

they will be powering q acoustics 1010i's?

cheers

I don't have one of those, I have the Denon 37. 14wpc seems very low to me, for the extra £50 I think extra sense of safety as well as the definite added quality is worth it. The reason I say that is that the Denon is pretty limiting itself- I'm thinking of upgrading it- I wouldn't bother spending money on a 14wpc amp, I'd just stick to pc or whatever source you use at the moment.
So my view would be to either not buy anything or go for the Denon.
But your best bet is to wait until someone who owns that Onkyo chimes in.

It depends on how you are using the system. For casual background listening, it might be fine. For serious listening, I don't think any Micro-System really gets the job done. Though I can see their value and uses.

Plus, with 14 watts, there are only a few speakers that will work with it. Not a problem so much, because there are some decent speaker that will work, more just the fact that you are limited.

Steve/bluewizard

I know this is an old thread, but people searching for information on this model will find the thread, as I did, when searching the net.

According to my information (i.e. the user manual) the power output is 26 watts x 2 not 14.

I just bought one with some Tannoy Mercury F1 Customs and it sounds fine, although I would not describe myself as an audiophile.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom