Arcam rWave with Sennheiser rs180 headphones - is Kleer association possible?

mastergrunthos

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Sennheiser rs180 wireless headphones which use the Kleer system for transmission. I've recently acquired a secondhand Arcam rWave USB dongle which i have heard should work with the Sennheisers since Arcam also uses Kleer for transmitting the wireless signal to the rDAC.

In several places i've read this should work and in a few forums people are asking the same question but without an answer. I'm unable to get them to pair/associate.

For me it seems better to use a USB dongle to transmit directly to the headphones and cut out the extra DAC/ADC stages.

I've tried associating the rWave but pressing the button under the Arcam logo and then putting the headphones into associate mode by holding down the power on button for 7 seconds from standby. The lights on both units flash rapidly then eventually slowly and at the same time on the rWave as the rs180s. However, there's no sound and the rs180s still work as normal with their base unit suggesting they are still paired with that. I have done this with the sennheiser base unit off and also with my wifi off.

Has anyone succeeded in associating the Arcam rWave with the sennheiser rs170/180 headphones?

Thanks

MG

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom