Toshiba EP35 Region Free Firmware.

kingfats

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
:eek:
A kind soul ;) sent me the region free firmware for the EP35 :thumbsup: this has now been tested and...............it works. :D
celebrate3.gif

Viking 61 has kindly loaded it onto a Rapidshare site for easy downloading.
Just want to say a big thanks to Viking for all his help on modifying firmware and helping out forum members :cool:
EP35 region free here.
This region free firmware also requires 2 restarts.
It is for the EP35, not for the EP30.
The firmware is built on the EP35 version 1.3, but can be applied onto all versions, including 4.0. Re-apply version 4.0 after making it region free.4.0 > XE1 E1 EP10 EP35
Burning advice:
Try using this free burning software: ImgBurn and burn the image at 1x speed. Be sure to use a CD-R or a CD-RW.
The heads up on what to expect during the update.

RCE HACK.
1) Turn on player
2) Open tray, put disc in tray but don´t close
3) Push T.search on remote
4) Push 1, 3, 9 and "Region number" (e.g. 1 for US discs)
5) Push T. search on remote.

You will see TEST on your player

6) Press PLAY on the remote

When player is turned off, this setting is cleared.

Last edited:
At bloody last!! It makes the 35 a much more intersting machine now. Good news comes to those that wait.

:eek: about time..what version of firmware is it ? and is it for the ep35 only?

:eek: about time..what version of firmware is it ? i can down load this and burn to a disc for me mate who has my old ep30
The firmware is built on the EP35 version 1.3, but can be applied onto all versions, including 4.0. Re-apply version 4.0 after making it region free.

The firmware is built on the EP35 version 1.3, but can be applied onto all versions, including 4.0. Re-apply version 4.0 after making it region free.

yea just noticed that:( will there be a ep30 version?

Can somebody clarify what you do?

Do we download, burn and install the firmware as we would a normal one and then have to carry out the RCE hack as above from KF?

Thanks very much guys!

Do we download, burn and install the firmware as we would a normal one and then have to carry out the RCE hack as above from KF?

Thanks very much guys!
The RCE hack is only needed if you are going to watch discs that are encoded with RCE.

Wow fantastic news. wish there was one for my EP 30 :D

The RCE hack is only needed if you are going to watch discs that are encoded with RCE.

Yup, so do we just burn the above image, chuck it in the player and off it goes - hey presto a multi region EP35?

Thanks again

Thanks very much guys!

Yeah. :smashin:

Yup, so do we just burn the above image, chuck it in the player and off it goes - hey presto a multi region EP35?

Thanks again
Yup .. do remember the 2 restarts .. leave the disc in the tray until you finish the second restart (thank you MeanDorris :smashin:)

Last edited:
When do we the said restarts - does it tell us!

Apologies for the 40 questions!!!!

When do we the said restarts - does it tell us!

Apologies for the 40 questions!!!!
It will shut down by itself, but you have to restart it manually by the on button on your remote control.

anyone tried this on the ep30 or is a definite no - no ??
It's been tried, and it gives the 2007c5c1 error and the disc ejects. It doesn't do anything wrong with the EP30, but it aborts the firmware upgrade. It will probably need some modification to run on an EP30.

It's been tried, and it gives the 2007c5c1 error and the disc ejects. It doesn't do anything wrong with the EP30, but it aborts the firmware upgrade. It will probably need some modification to run on an EP30.

good things come to those who wait i guess :thumbsup:

I hope it doesn't take too long for EP30 firmware to arrive. Been waiting so long for it.

I tried to update my EP35 to region free and it gave me also the above errorcode :(.

What went wrong - I tried this region free hack just after I had installed v4 to my EP35 = could this be the reason for my failure :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom