DIGITALTechMart.com

K

krakpot

Hello,

I was just wondering whether anyone has ever successfully bought anything from this company in Cyprus. The prices are very good, too good to be true really. I have initiated an order but found out all the credit/debit card options are greyed out in the payment area that they will only accept bank transfer for the first order. I got a phone call from them this morning confirming my delivery address and then they have sent me an invoice via email. It all looks very priofesional but Im thinking they may be dodgy.

Cheers

Google brings up a few people talking about slow shipping but eventually got the items they wanted.

One person says:
before ordering I run my own investigation on these guys. It comes out that there are 2 big online stores in Cyprus,
ipelagos.com and digitaltechmart.com. cyprus companies do not pay tax and VAT if the merchandise is sold overseas.
After further background check and questions to support I placed my order fingers crossed. Invoice paid, laptop arrived.

Never used myself but google shows apparent people who have... the fact that you can't pay by card on a first order is a worry though :confused:

Professional looking websites are easy to make. What details do they require for the bank transfer?

Google brings up a few people talking about slow shipping but eventually got the items they wanted.

One person says:

Never used myself but google shows apparent people who have... the fact that you can't pay by card on a first order is a worry though :confused:

I noticed some comments on yahoo, but also noticed the posters had only always been registered a day or 2 ago??

Professional looking websites are easy to make. What details do they require for the bank transfer?

The email says:

You can pay for selected items by Bank Transfer or Direct Deposit, BACS, SWIFT Transfer, IBAN Transfer. Please visit your local branch or use your online banking to make payment according to the instructions below:

Account holder: DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
Bank: Marfin Popular Bank Public Co. Ltd.
City/Country: Limassol, Cyprus Account number: **********************
Bank Code: *** SWIFT: *************
IBAN: **************************** Account currency: EURO
Reference (Payment details): Your order number - MUST BE PROVIDED!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I see no reason why they can't accept card. It's in their interest to provide a good service for you, which would be provision of a card purchase so you have peace of mind, like I said I only found a couple of "apparent" people talking about it, could be easily made up by someone trying to make the site look reputable... Personally i'd avoid them myself but I have very little faith in anyone.

They said it was to protect themselves, but as they would get the money before shipping i dont see why they would need that security.

They said it was to protect themselves, but as they would get the money before shipping i dont see why they would need that security.

Because they're fraudsters. There's no good reason for a retailer not to have credit card merchant status.

Margins on electrical goods are very low at the best of times so there is little scope for a reputable retailer to undercut the competition by much. What are you thinking of ordering and how much is it?

As above, there is security for both buyer and seller with a card...
Seems too suspect.

I disagree. If the card is stolen then they are charged by the Credit Card company.

By insisting on this method they will get a genuine customer first, and will stop them getting hit by fraudsters.

Well that's the way I look at it.

Still wouldn't want to do business with them though.

Ian

Looking around at the shops in Cyprus when we were there last summer it would seem that they don't have an equivalent of our Trading Standards judging by the open sale of counterfeit goods in the shops there

If you do order it you will spend the next few weeks constantly worrying yourself about it.....is the saving worth that?

As you say....it sounds too good...........you know the rest :)

Credit card transactions aren't protected for foreign customers. For example in the UK you can do an address check and send to the card's registered address and as a retailers you're then protected (sort of). With foreign cards you can't check anything and if something goes wrong you lose the item and the cash. Maybe that's why they have this policy.

Saying that I wouldn't pay any cash out without a garantee I'll get the item or my cash back. It doesn't matter how much of a saving I could get.

I disagree. If the card is stolen then they are charged by the Credit Card company.

But they only expose themselves if they despatch not to the billing address.

But they only expose themselves if they despatch not to the billing address.

Yes but from abroad you have no way of checking the billing address (as far as I know).

Theres a guy on rellerratings who gave it a gleaming review, again in the last day or so (even though they have supposibly been around since 1990 according to their site)

Whats interesting is he also gave Fashion & Design - Women's Collection - Welcome to YOOX - Established in 2000 a top review just today, yet that site looks like it has been shut down.

Im going to avoid like the plague. I wonder if they will phone me again tomorrow to chase up my payment.

Yes but from abroad you have no way of checking the billing address (as far as I know).

Possibly, but if I was running a similar overseas business with a UK phone number I'd make sure I had some UK credit card checking.

Because no-one with any sense will send money abroad without some sort of recourse.

Looks like the web site has gone now. Wonder how many were ripped off before it went.

I disagree.
you guys, got nothing better to do with your time??
almost every enthusiast here has been asked this annoying question, legit or not? I bought 52" Sony Bravia KDL-52W4000 from digitaltechmart.com, great price, prompt shipping, nice support.

They ship from Cyprus to Canada do they? :lease:

I disagree.
you guys, got nothing better to do with your time??
almost every enthusiast here has been asked this annoying question, legit or not? I bought 52" Sony Bravia KDL-52W4000 from digitaltechmart.com, great price, prompt shipping, nice support.

Are you aware that every time you make a comment in this or the thread in the plasma forum Google spiders it which helps to keep these threads at the top of the Google listings for "DIGITALTechMart.com" :D

Whilst no-one is fooled when someone new joins to praise a bunch of suspect operators your actions are having the opposite effect of what you intended this time :rotfl:

be handy taking a 50 in tv on a plane all the way back to cyprus to get it fixed :rotfl:

Website is now back up with UK landline and freephone numbers.
UK +44-8002425711
UK +44-2081443144

JayDar, be ready to pick up cos Im about to call :D

And check out the address...
Digitaltechmart.com, 16-18 Midland Street, Ardwick, London M12 6LB

I never knew there was a M12 postcode in London...
Digitaltechmart.com

You'd think these scammers would pay attention to the slightest detail !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom