Not really sure what to do about BT - Help please !!

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I moved about 8 months ago and called BT home moves to try get my phone line moved across to my new house. So after giving them all the details of my new house they said it would take 14 days to get my line moved into my new house.

14 days later and still nothing.................so I phoned up only to be told that there is no home move order on my account. So I applied for another one and was told 14 days, got given my call ref no. and 14 days later nothing.............called back only to be told the same thing. This went on 6 times.

Eventually I managed to get someone out to my house to come and plug my new phone line in. 2 months later I see BT took £250 out of my account without sending me a bill because they didnt change my adress on there system after me telling them 6 times that I dont live at my old adress anymore, because I ended my call plan early. I told them that I did not have a call plan with BT as I pay Sky every month for my phone calls and only pay BT for line rental. So that took me a month to get my money back after being told it would only take 3 days. And as a good gesture they said they would give me a months free line rental and that they have now fixed all the mistakes on my account.

Last month I find out that they put a block on my phone line, so I called them up again and they said that I owe them £160 in line rental and phone calls to which I said "You have not sent me a bill, how can I pay this without a bill? Besides I pay sky for my phone calls and I only pay you for my line rental!" To which I found out that 7 months later they still have not corrected my adress on there systems after me telling them so many times that I do not live in my old place I have moved bill me at my new place!! So after me stressing to them that I only pay them line rental they said they will rectify my account AGAIN!!!!!! to show that I should only be paying them for line rental and that they will turn my phoneline back on.

Now yesterday I tried to phone my folks only to here a message that my phone line is not allowed to make out going calls??!! I have still not recieved a bill from them so I am only assuming that they have managed to screw this u again for the 8th month in a row.

How do I proceed, I seem to be going round and round in circles here, everytime I speak to someone who says they have fixed my account it turns out that they actually havent! Where do I go from here now?

Sorry for the long post

Next time you call, either go through to a complaints dept - or speak to a manager.

Next time you call, either go through to a complaints dept - or speak to a manager.

Thats the thing its always the managers I speak to, and the complaints people were the ones who assured me that they rectified my account. I had to wait 4 days for someone from there complaints department to call me back

I have a complaint with BT which should be sorted soon. Mention you will complain to OFCOM, it's the only word which triggers any kind of action.

I have a complaint with BT which should be sorted soon. Mention you will complain to OFCOM, it's the only word which triggers any kind of action.

Thanks I'll give that a go, I think I have tried that before I cant remember, I'll do it again tonight

Go onto BT's web site and look for the compaints procedure. You should get a response within two days. As an ex BT employee, I recall that they do take
written complaints very seriously ....... but things may have changed since I left!

I had something similar with BT, they tried charging me £250 for canceling my broadband contract early even though it was them that terminated it due to me moving. They even sorted out the transfer of phone and broadband and still tried to claim I had canceled it, only when I complained did they admit the mistake and refunded my account.

Jim hope you get it sorted out mate there is nothing worse than stressing out over some :censored: elses fault especially for the 8th time:mad:
I have always found an email the best option with bt due to their india call centres who wind me up no end
hope you get it sorted sounds like a pain
all the best
kop

p.s sometmes you have to just tell them to :censored: off and let them phone you give them the hassle instead of you waiting on the line pressing automated buttons, send them an email and tell them if they have not contacted you and reinstated your line in 24 hours due to their incompetence yet again then ofcom will be contacted

When I had problems I emailed the old CEO and amazingly he actually replied and I got passed on to the high level escalation team who bent over backwards to help.

IIRC the email for them is [email protected]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom