What watch do you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpgreenwood

Ex Member
Reaction score
Due to the amount of interest in an earlier wanted thread for an Omega watch, I thought I would share my love of watches and see what you have.
I have an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean and my prized posession a Panerai PAM127 1950 measuring a huge 47mm across the face.
I also have a Tag Heuer Monaco but its in for service at the mo.

Attachments

• DSC00105.jpg
    DSC00105.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 596
I wear a watch that tells me the time It is carved from top quality plastic and sports a state of the art canvas strap.It is water resistant , in fact I often wear when I go swimming, but its greatest feature is that I can knock it against something hard-tap tap tap -and its not affected in the slightest . Last but by no means least, due to its excellent design it doesnt scratch. The brand name is:

CASIO G SHOCK
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
the best thing about it is it only cost about 50 quid :clap::clap::clap::clap:
I loove showing it off wherever I go -"Just check this out mate" I tell them and then
tap tap tap:)

I'm happy with £4.99 for a wristwatch, I wouldn't pay £50 ever.

But if you aspire to more attractive watches than that it's not as much of a problem for me as it appears to be for others :) Some of these are really nice, but they don't do it for me, but I don't feel the need to complain about it :D

Eventually I would like a massive solid silver pocket watch on a silver chain, tucked into a waistcoat pocket, just like my Grandad had.

You can keep all the fancy wrist watches you want until then :)

Dave

I've not worn a watch since I was about 13 as they always seemed to go wrong or stop when I wore a watch. So I just use the clock on my mobile when I need to know the time.
Actually, I usually have a good idea what the time is without looking, never usually more than half an hour out (providing no alcohol has been consumed ;) )

I love Seiko Kinetic watches. Not the most glamourous, but certainly well made and I've always liked the concept of a watch perpetually powered by motion.

My current one is the Seiko Kinetic Titanium. It cost £350, so as you can imagine, I wear it to the office, or to meetings, but wouldn't dream of wearing it out to the pub - my phone can show me the time on a night out, and is cheaper to replace! :eek:

Eventually I would like a massive solid silver pocket watch on a silver chain, tucked into a waistcoat pocket, just like my Grandad had.

:thumbsup:
My Grandad has the same thing :) complete with walking stick to threaten unruly teenagers with.
laugh-1.gif
cheeky-smiley-036.gif

I'm wearing a Accurist Chronograph Titanium that my wife bought me many years ago....infact it was the first present she bought me if I recall. Cost about £275 and still the best watch I own. I have a couple of more expensive watches but this is my fav.

Martin

Ive a couple of Tag Heuer watches but have to buy the midi size as Im not keen on large timepieces on my wrist.

I'm not keen on big watches either

I have a stainless steel Raymond Weil Parsifal my wife bought me on our first anniversary. Not sure how much it was but I don't think it was cheap

Had to sell my Rolex last year. :(
Currently wearing a classic 60's Omega Seamaster Automatic, almost identical to this.

2670994890_8a2c6e8a29_o.png

Seiko here too. It's glass backed so you can see the working parts (which is nice) and it's driven by movement. But it was about £40 brand new from Hong Kong.

I'm happy with £4.99 for a wristwatch, I wouldn't pay £50 ever.

But if you aspire to more attractive watches than that it's not as much of a problem for me as it appears to be for others :) Some of these are really nice, but they don't do it for me, but I don't feel the need to complain about it :D

You can keep all the fancy wrist watches you want until then :)

Dave

not complaining. I just enjoy taking the Mickey at all the boasting thats all. It would be like me turning up at a social gathering proclaiming that I had parked my Porche round the corner or indulged in name dropping.
My watch is ideal for me because of the work I do otherwise I would happily pay £4.50 myself.

At the moment, a limited Jack Heuer Carrera, a Panerai 236 or a Junghans Titanium. I also have several other Tag Heuers, the James Bond limited Seamasters, the Coaxial Seamaster, the Snoopy Speedmaster, a couple of other limited Speedmasters, a ceramic Junghans, a cased set of the James Bond Swatches and some assorted Poljot and Vostok

I have a Polar S725 for when i am cycling as it gives heart rate, speed, distance, altitude etc which you can then download to your PC. You can also get a power device for it but i am not a pro cyclist :D

I also have a Breitling Chrono Ocean that i brought myself a few years ago as a reward for passing my Accountancy exams. This was the entry level Breitling and over the past few months i have been thinking about 'upgrading' this as there are some real sexy looking watches in the current range :cool:

'Timex Expedition' usually. I have a fancy watch for special occassions (not too fancy though think it cost about £80).

not complaining. I just enjoy taking the Mickey at all the boasting thats all. .......

Interesting that you see it as boasting. :rolleyes:

If one views mechanical objects purely in terms of function (Ford Fusion comes to mind!!) I can see why one would buy "cheap and cheerful" if it meets your needs. Others appreciate the design and engineering which go into making a precision time piece, even if it tells the same time as a £4.99 version. Nothing to do with boasting. All to do with personal pleasure.

Rolex 'Air King'....Quality watch while being quite discreet....

I've always liked the Tags, so I wouldn't mind a 'Monaco' or 'Carrera'....

A variety of Next Watches, currently a chronograph one

For such cheap watches I've found them to be very accurate at keeping time

Interesting that you see it as boasting. :rolleyes:

If one views mechanical objects purely in terms of function (Ford Fusion comes to mind!!) I can see why one would buy "cheap and cheerful" if it meets your needs. Others appreciate the design and engineering which go into making a precision time piece, even if it tells the same time as a £4.99 version. Nothing to do with boasting. All to do with personal pleasure.

I am sure Bob just as I appreciate my plasma and the various AV HIFI components that I have.Thing is I just view them as functional things that I enjoy using thats all and I have no pride in possessing them.Must confess that I did once but not now.They do not define anymore than a Porche would.

seiko kinetic here, nothing fancy like the titanium version but got it from argos a few years back and it has done me well since. might have cost a bit more than i would normally pay but it never runs out and it is a solid piece of equipment that can take a knock or two.

Got a Seiko kinetic off the parents for my 18th and I've wore it about 10 times in 15 years, but I'd never get rid of it, for obvious reasons.

i own an Omega Seamaster and Tag... i wear the omega all the time

would like a rolex.... it is on my list for this years must buys for myself!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom