ford 6000cd bluetooth bonding

G

gurlfriendfarts

ello could anybody help me i am tryin to connect my sony ericsson k800i to my ford transits radio/cd player via bluetooth the phone is recognising the ford audio unit but when i input 0000 (default password) it is not making connection i have read the destructions for sed sterio and it says you have to make sure bluetooth is switched on the sterio but does not say how to do it please help because i will probably get made unemployed when i attack the father-less child with a tire lever !

I just test drove a Focus Zetec with bluetooth and voice control. I had same problem at first and you are right you do need to turn on Bluetooth on the radio.

Trouble is I can't recall exactly how I did it. I didn't get it from the manual I just played with the menu functions until I found it.

I think it was something like selecting menu then going through the advanced sub-menu.

Cheers,

Nigel

I just test drove a Focus Zetec with bluetooth and voice control. I had same problem at first and you are right you do need to turn on Bluetooth on the radio.

Trouble is I can't recall exactly how I did it. I didn't get it from the manual I just played with the menu functions until I found it.

I think it was something like selecting menu then going through the advanced sub-menu.

Cheers,

Nigel
cheers nigel wouldnt you think that mr ford would give these instructions in the manwell it tells you how to make toast with the head rests but nothing about somthing that may actually be helpfull cheers again. Phil

Hello

Ok, what you need to do is:

• Make sure bluetooth is switched on on your phone
• Go through your phones bluetooth menu, make sure your phone is shown as "visible", not "hidden"
• Know your phones bluetooth individual name so you know that it is your phone when you activate it with your stereo, ie "Dave", or "K800i" etc...
• Then you need to make sure that you have space left on your stereo to accept your phone. Simply, this means that your stereo probably has, for example, six spaces/phones it can store at once on its memory. If people have used your stereo before you, it stands a chance that the memory is full. Therefore, you need to "debond" the existing phones from the stereos memory.
To do this, depending on the make of your stereo, you need to play around with the phone menu. Find out how to debond and get rid of existing stored phones.
• Whilst going through the menu, make sure in your settings, bluetooth is switched on/activated, and all other settings are switched on and correct in order for you to use bluetooth.
• Then, put the stereo back to its "desktop" as it were, ie, the normal screen.
• Get your phone, go to bluetooth menu, scan for "new devices", this should hopefully now find something like "Ford Audio".
• Now, if it asks you for a four digit pin code, every time I have done this (loads of times!), the pin code has been 0000. I realise you may have tried and failed with this, but go through the steps above incase something has been missed, then try it again.
• On a successful pincode being entered, your phones bluetooth name will come up on the stereo display, and your phone will be "bonded" with your stereo for bluetooth usage.

I have always used 0000 as the pincode, and I am unaware what to do if all steps have been remedied and the pincode still fails. Hope this gets it working for you.

If you still have difficulties, let me know exactly the model of stereo you have and I will see if I can help further.

Thanks

if you press the menu button till it says adv then right arrow then keep pressing menu until it say BT Off right arrow to select BT On and thats it mate.

Have it in my fiesta if you need any more info :)

Dal

hi, i am having same problems with the c902. The stereo is saying 'UB' when i try to pair, anyone know what this means??

AJlawton, when you say debond other phones, how do i do this??

cheers

I paired my phone and it works. As soon as I get in it takes over my phone. Great. My wife paired her phone but when she gets in (on her own) it doesn't auto take over her phone. She has to select it from the list as the active phone and then it will. When she next gets in, it takes over her phone automatically. Great. Now when I use the car again, it won't take over mine until I select it from the list as the active phone. Can the system be made to realise that there is only one phone in the car and use it. I would have expected to select the active phone only when we are both in the car and it doesn't know which one to take over.

just want to say a big thanks to ajlawton, after many hours of frustration and 3 new phones in the process i have finally paired my phone with ford audio 6000. my problem was there were too many phones stored in the bonded memory. once i deleted a couple hey presto it worked.
how to delete 1. press phone symbol 2.press menu (active will appear) 3.press menu again(debond will appear) 4.select left or right to choose which phone to debond 5. once selected press menu and it will say debonded

sorry i know this is an old topic and dead, but ive searched the net and asked several people but couldnt get an answer. same old.. ford sony stereo (oval) with bluetooth.. mkII 57 plate.. i cannot find anything associated with bonding my phone and my phone cant find the device.. whats goin on??

someone please help =/

thanks

Right, just been out in the cold to sit in my car and tried it for you.

Switch the radio on. I switched the radio to 'phone' and then hit 'menu' because I had to debond my phone first.

Whilst in the 'menu' make sure that Bluetooth is toggled on.

I couldn't see a way to bond from the radio so did it from my phone.

So go into your phone's bluetooth setting and search for accessory\connection (whatever your phone calls it).

It will then search for bluetooth connections.

It should find 'Ford Audio' pretty quickly. Select 'Ford Audio' on your phone and it will say that a pairing code is needed. Look at your radio and it it should now be displaying a 4 digit code.

Enter the code into the phone and enter. Should bond.

Cheers,

Nigel

cheers nigel,

unfortunatly i buckle at the first hurdle..

there is no such menu for the bluetooth..

have a look at my crude recording..

am i missing a connection or is there something i just dont know?

EDIT: i have the part number/serial if it helps

thanks

Alec

YouTube - Ford Sony Stereo

Last edited:
I switched the radio to 'phone' and then hit 'menu' because I had to debond my phone first.

You get a different menu depending on what mode you are in. Your video shows you in 'radio' mode. You need to be in 'phone' mode as I posted before.

Press the phone button (bottom left) and then menu that will take you to the phone menu which is where Bluetooth lives.

Cheers,

Nigel

Forgive my ignorance - I have just watched your video more carefully and see that you do press the 'phone' button before pressing menu.

Are you sure your car has Bluetooth - I can't remember whether it came as standard in my car or with the iPod preperation (USB socket, not just the audio jack).

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
no im not sure.. it doesnt seem like it does.. how can i find out.. and if not how can i adapt it?

thanks again..

A video I have just made - never used Youtube before so hope it works.

If you aren't getting a menu like this then it sounds like you don't have BT on your radio.

Would be worth speaking to Ford in the first instance.

YouTube - 6000CD BT.MP4

Cheers,

Nigel

right i see that.. and its not what im getting... ill give ford a call tomorrow see what happens and let you know.. who should i ask for?

thanks m8

Had a look at my car file and I have the original brochure and price list. My car is a 58 plate Focus Titanium.

Bluetooth was a £150 factory fitted option on all focus models.

But the price list effective for 1 Feb 2008 to 31 March 2008 offered free Bluetooth on the Zetecs as a limited consumer offer.

So I'm afraid that it does sound that your car didn't have the option fitted.

Worth checking though on the slim chance it is fitted but not working.

Cheers,

Nigel

yaeh unfortunatly it wasnt the fuses.. ill drop by ford and see what they say.. thanks anyway..

well.. jus came from ford and they told me to do everything everyone else said.. i said yes i have bla bla bla.. so i booked it in for tuesday, the mechanic said the module's gone tits up so either replace it (cough £250 cough i think not) or fix it.. or aftermarket such as parrot.. if he cant fix it ill go for the aftermarket.. im not a big fan of aftermarket.. i prefer OEM.. however, now i know parrot.. are there any others.. also aside from price whats the difference? also would i need to get out a loan for ford to set it up or can i jus figure it out myself?

interesting , bt unit gone tits up , if you are interested i have a way of finding out the exact spec of the car , its free to register for it , if you are interested then let me know , i have just checked my car on it and it lists the bt as part of the spec , i am not saying the dealer is having you over but if they think they can get away with generating a bit of extra income .............

My money is still on it being a factory fit option that wasn't fitted on the car in the first place.

Scans from the 08\58 Focus price list.

44930-albums898-picture8097.jpg

44930-albums898-picture8098.jpg

You can clearly see that BT is an option rather than standard fit.

Cheers,

Nigel

aye.. you're prolly right nigel..

ill give it a shot in the dark paul..

aye.. you're prolly right nigel..

ill give it a shot in the dark paul..

going to PM you now :smashin:

edit -- cant PM you as you are a new user , so i have sent you an e-mail via here , let me know if you recieve it ok :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom