Foxsat-hdr USB recordings what can you do with them?

prioryjim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello
This may have been asked at least in part elsewhere, however.

I have not had time to tinker with the USB and file transfer yet.

From a previous post it appears that you cannot see the file sizes using the Humax file manager, but I can probably manage without it.

Also from other sources they state the files are multi part files in TR format.

So the obvious question is, are there "freeware" PC utilities that can convert them for
1) Playing TV recording under normal media players.
2) Playing normal AVI/Mpegs/wmv using the Humax.

I tried to play an AVI from my USB but Humax filemanager didn't even show it.

Anyone been down this route yet and have any info ?
Thanks
Jim

Hello
This may have been asked at least in part elsewhere, however.

I have not had time to tinker with the USB and file transfer yet.

From a previous post it appears that you cannot see the file sizes using the Humax file manager, but I can probably manage without it.

Also from other sources they state the files are multi part files in TR format.

So the obvious question is, are there "freeware" PC utilities that can convert them for
1) Playing TV recording under normal media players.
2) Playing normal AVI/Mpegs/wmv using the Humax.

I tried to play an AVI from my USB but Humax filemanager didn't even show it.

Anyone been down this route yet and have any info ?
Thanks
Jim

You get 3 files one of which is a standard transmission stream file which the free vlcplayer will play without any conversion. It can also convert the file to other formats using the export wizard. The other 2 are required by the foxsat to allow replay from the external drive. You can't transfer HD files as they are all encrypted and protected. (There is a way PM me for details)

You can't at present play video files from an external device. This might be possible when someone figures out how to sythesize the 2 extra files but only if the video is in the correct ts format (The foxsat does not have video codecs to handle anything but native formats)

It's very easy to convert these SD ts files into mpeg2 and from there they can easily be burnt to a standard DVD. Although not free VIdeo Redo TV Suite does this very efficiently and lets you edit out commercial breaks. You need the latest beta to handle Foxsat Ts files

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom