Freesat+ Comet Delivery - What's the truth?

Patient

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ordered a Humax Freesat+ box from Comet last week with pick-up from store Weds 26th Nov.

Just called to check and been told that stock is due at their warehouse on 27th and won't be available at the store until Weds 3rd December.

As Argos have already been delivering these boxes it seems strange that Comet doesn't even have theirs yet!

Anyone received one from Comet yet? Am I being spun a line?

Ordered a Humax Freesat+ box from Comet last week with pick-up from store Weds 26th Nov.
Just called to check and been told that stock is due at their warehouse on 27th and won't be available at the store until Weds 3rd December.
As Argos have already been delivering these boxes it seems strange that Comet doesn't even have theirs yet!
Anyone received one from Comet yet? Am I being spun a line?

Your situation ties in with what I was told by a female representative of Comet when I contacted them by telephone last Saturday morning, although I have not ordered from Comet.

I had ordered for delivery this saturday (29th).

However, I've just rung them to check and they said that that won't happen, so have booked me in for next Saturday.

We'll see.

Everyone (major and independent) have been promised stock by Humax but they simply haven't delivered, nor can cope with the demand they should have expected! Having said that, that still doesn't take away from the fact Comet are promising deliveries for stock they don't have in their posession, always a risky game!

Comet have just received a large quantity of stock though, but suspect they might now be trying to clear the original first orders!

I have just rung Comet and the have 239 in stock and will definately be delivered. The lady said they wouldn't have taken the original order if they didn't have them in but I think that might be a bit of a porky.

Last edited:
Everyone (major and independent) have been promised stock by Humax but they simply haven't delivered, nor can cope with the demand they should have expected! Having said that, that still doesn't take away from the fact Comet are promising deliveries for stock they don't have in their posession, always a risky game!

Comet have just received a large quantity of stock though, but suspect they might now be trying to clear the original first orders!

Satbuyer did the same thing! which I belive this poster owns!:rolleyes:

Just been sent tis from SatBuyer

Hi there,

As a customer waiting on your order of a Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ Digital Box, we wish to update you on the present situation.

We were advised on Monday that our stock would arrive either Tuesday or Wednesday, so in good faith released a small quantity for sale via our website.

We have since learnt that further delays are likely, due to Humax having not send any stock to the independent supply chain so far.

It's now expected that we'll have stock available to fulfil our existing orders within the next week, but this is just an indicated timescale at the moment.

You remain an absolute priority of ours; we have purposely not over sold awaited stock, and will not sell further stock until all outstanding orders are complete.

We want to reassure you that we are doing our best to obtain as much stock, as quickly as possible, but it seems Humax have not manufactured/distributed enough to date.

The option of cancelling and receiving a full refund is available to you at any time up until despatch, but would urge you to consider retaining your order with us, as it's likely you'll only start at the bottom of another list, unless your very lucky to obtain by other means. You are our first priority when stock comes in.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any questions, please just let us know.

Best regards

The Satbuyer team

I think the popularity may be due to the recession. I'm dumping the Sky tax and going the Freesat+ route. Cheaper in the long run.
Depends on how you value content! Yes Freesat is cheaper in the long run but doesn't have the HD content I want!

Well,
Comet took my order in store and told me that I would be able to collect it today (Thursday 27th) I have just been in, and guess what...
It has not been delivered to store and there is no date for delivery on their system for this box.
It was OK for them to have my £299:99 in their coffers for that amount of time though.
I am absoluely gutted as I have been waiting months for this thing as most of us have. I have now cancelled with Comet and vowed never to go near the place again unless absolutely desperate.......:mad:

Well,
Comet took my order in store and told me that I would be able to collect it today (Thursday 27th) I have just been in, and guess what...
It has not been delivered to store and there is no date for delivery on their system for this box.
It was OK for them to have my £299:99 in their coffers for that amount of time though.
I am absoluely gutted as I have been waiting months for this thing as most of us have. I have now cancelled with Comet and vowed never to go near the place again unless absolutely desperate.......:mad:

I know how you must feel. Whilst I have no wish to defend Comet, I just think all retailers (apart from Argos perhaps) are just awaiting promised stock from Humax. I was hoping to have mine by now (not from Comet) but I am now resigned to thinking I'll be lucky to receive it this side of Christmas. I cannot comprehend why the initial batch of 500 went to Argos.
Only 500 and why Argos?Ah well, there must be an explanation somewhere, mine is not to reason why.....

I know how you must feel. Whilst I have no wish to defend Comet, I just think all retailers (apart from Argos perhaps) are just awaiting promised stock from Humax. I was hoping to have mine by now (not from Comet) but I am now resigned to thinking I'll be lucky to receive it this side of Christmas. I cannot comprehend why the initial batch of 500 went to Argos.
Only 500 and why Argos?Ah well, there must be an explanation somewhere, mine is not to reason why.....

Perhaps just their computer system doing the deliveries used A-Z to sort customers...

Then of course Argos would have come first...

HummerUK

Ordered mine from Comet on Sat 22nd, for delivery Sat 29th. Contacted them today to see if they will be delivering - they said yes, stock is allocated to my order and will be delivered. :)

...However, will wait till Saturday and it is in my hands before getting excited.

Just had a call from Comet to say that my box will be available for collection at the Bath store on Weds 3rd December anytime after 2pm.

Ordered it on 21st Nov - originally due on 26th Nov.

Just had a call from Comet to say that my box will be available for collection at the Bath store on Weds 3rd December anytime after 2pm.

Ordered it on 21st Nov - originally due on 26th Nov.

No stock until 3rd December in the warehouse, I would double check with them.

Have Comet told you that you won't be getting it on the 1st JazzMonkey?

I have just rung Comet and the have 239 in stock and will definately be delivered. The lady said they wouldn't have taken the original order if they didn't have them in but I think that might be a bit of a porky.

The bunch of lying...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom