Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+Owners Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu-rayx

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Not yet,but will arrive tomorrow.

Just received an email from satbuyer to say they have them in stock!!!

I will report on my findings when it arrives:thumbsup:

Blu-rayx

i just looked on satbuyer's web site and they have sold out already!!!

"Initial batch now sold sorry. 350 units sold within 6 minutes!"

when i ordered the Humax it was in stock,knowing my luck i've just missed out :(

happiness short lived LOL :D

Last edited:
just saw this on the sky+HD thread Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ HD PVR Digibox Box | Freesat+ | Satbuyer and basically looks interesting, I DO like the way sky+ menu navigates, anyone know how this one will operate?

Very interested in your detailed findings Blu-rayx when you get it up and running.

Particularly keen to hear SD PQ is good as well as the free HD channels

just saw this on the sky+HD thread Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ HD PVR Digibox Box | Freesat+ | Satbuyer and basically looks interesting, I DO like the way sky+ menu navigates, anyone know how this one will operate?

Very interested in your detailed findings Blu-rayx when you get it up and running.

Particularly keen to hear SD PQ is good as well as the free HD channels

Whilst there have been previews of the Humax Foxsat Freesat+ HDR, there have not been any independent reviews, as far as I know. I am eagerly awaiting one. Now that PVR junction have one perhaps we shall hear sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
I understand that ITV HD is a red button service. Is this just like Freeview, where the red button stream is just another (unnamed) channel at the end of the EPG? Can you record from ITV HD- if so do you have to record from channel 302 (or whatever)?

I understand that ITV HD is a red button service. Is this just like Freeview, where the red button stream is just another (unnamed) channel at the end of the EPG? Can you record from ITV HD- if so do you have to record from channel 302 (or whatever)?

No when you click on a ITV1 epg entry to record it, if it's available in HD you get asked if you want SD or HD

I've had one delivered today from Argos, ordered on Saturday.

Unfortunately the front of the box has lots of scratches, some of them quite deep.

Argos tells me they are sold out and to call back in 3 to 5 days to arrange a replacement. What a joke.

:(

I've had one delivered today from Argos, ordered on Saturday.

Unfortunately the front of the box has lots of scratches, some of them quite deep.

Argos tells me they are sold out and to call back in 3 to 5 days to arrange a replacement. What a joke.

:(

You have taken off the protective film, right? I thought the same when I first pulled it out of the box.

The remote for this box also controls my Humax 8000 PVR sat box which I still use to watch french telly. A bit of a pain....I can't control one without affecting the other!

You have taken off the protective film, right? I thought the same when I first pulled it out of the box.

Lol, you are only right. I've just had another look at it.

I looked specifically for a film aswell, but couldn't find an edge :)

Well that's good, now just have to wait for the dish installer to give me a call.

Anyone cracked the remote setup for this yet to port to a Harmony One. Is it similar to any existing Humax Sat/Freeview PVRs ?

Grinders, I had to manually add mine, all the keys. At least you know it will work, and it does, very well

anyone thats got one set up now care to comment on it please.

thanks

anyone thats got one set up now care to comment on it please.

thanks

Yes, I'd love to hear comments on SD quality, over HDMI and over RGB Scart (especially with info like what TV you're using). I'm concerned about the reports that the SD quality is poor.

Got mine yesterday from Argos. Hooked up to a Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500 via HDMI. Only one cable from the dish at the moment, and in common with some others I'm finding that the software update doesn't work. (Perhaps when I connect a second cable?) So far, I've been very impressed.

Pros:
- Seems very quiet in operation (it's quieter than the media storage NAS I have next to it, at any rate)
- Great picture quality on BBC HD
- Very punchy colours, much better than my old Pace Digibox
- Fast, responsive EPG
- Live pause, ffwd/rew etc. all work great

Cons:
- Box does take a little while to boot up
- Scheduling doesn't seem bug-free: it allowed me to schedule two recordings on the same channel even though I don't have two cables from the LNB

Obviously I've had the thing for less than 24 hours, but initial set-up and experience has been very smooth.

(Perhaps when I connect a second cable?) So far, I've been very impressed.

- Scheduling doesn't seem bug-free: it allowed me to schedule two recordings on the same channel even though I don't have two cables from the LNB

Obviously I've had the thing for less than 24 hours, but initial set-up and experience has been very smooth.

Perhaps the software update is set to default to tuner 2

Bit puzzled about why you say you don't expect it to record two programmes on the same channel as that is only going to need one tuner, Technically a single tuner can simultanously record two channels in the same band (The icord can giving 4 channels at once under the right conditions). No reason that I can't see why a firmware upgrade can't make this possible on the Foxsat-hdr

Got mine yesterday from Argos. Hooked up to a Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500 via HDMI. Only one cable from the dish at the moment, and in common with some others I'm finding that the software update doesn't work. (Perhaps when I connect a second cable?) So far, I've been very impressed.

Pros:
- Seems very quiet in operation (it's quieter than the media storage NAS I have next to it, at any rate)
- Great picture quality on BBC HD
- Very punchy colours, much better than my old Pace Digibox
- Fast, responsive EPG
- Live pause, ffwd/rew etc. all work great

Cons:
- Box does take a little while to boot up

Thanks, can you say what the SD PQ is like as I heard it upgrades the sd picture

Hi,

I would be interested to learn if you can sort this as I will have to use one cable for a short time, does it matter if the cable is connected to LNB1 or LNB2 out of interest?

Cheers,

Hi,

I would be interested to learn if you can sort this as I will have to use one cable for a short time, does it matter if the cable is connected to LNB1 or LNB2 out of interest?

Cheers,

You have to connect the dish cable to rf 1 in. and then connect rf1 out to rf2 in with a short length of coax cable. Not sure yet if you need to make any menu setting changes. Hopefully someone who has tried this will post

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom