94.4 KB · Views: 391
  • SEN.jpg
    SEN.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 6,693
  • X-Reality.jpg
    X-Reality.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 8,924
Last edited:
Interesting to note the on demand services on the picture above are still BBC and 5, no ITV, no 4oD and Sony generally not being impressed with 'Youview'. I don't know if ITV and 4 are the problem of Sony, given they are available on PS3. It would make a very appealing all in one on demand tv for a lot of people for whomever is first to deliver them.

I'm not sure how final those screens are, they might just be an example created for us in Tokyo because as you say, ITV and C4 are on the PS3.

There's a lot to read there Steve but the penultimate paragraph about Yamaha reminded me of height channels on their A1 which I still use - minus that facility. The promotional at that time related it to their individually programmable DSP sound fields but it never worked satisfactorily for me here at Windsong. Glad to hear that Sony got the concept going properly even if in extremis. Have a comfortable journey back and thanks for all your reporting.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how final those screens are, they might just be an example created for us in Tokyo because as you say, ITV and C4 are on the PS3.
Not being able to play embedded video in a web page is why the TVs can't do 4oD and ITV player. That's why iplayer, 5 on Demand, Youtube etc are proprietary software applications.

If the new Google products play embedded video then all should be well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom