AVForums World Exclusive: JVC DLA-HD350/HD750 thread. owners/reviews/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... the 750 looks really, dare I say it, sexy...

MUST...RESIST...TEMPTATION...TO UPGRADE.

I like the look of the new JVCs much more than the last gen.

Rich

Ok.

Installation Complete, although no colour adjustments have been made to the PJ. Why, the installers were only here to put it all together and make it 'work' which it does - wow.

My dealer is setting up a full cms after the PJ has achieved 100 hours, he tells me that it's much better that way as the 'bulb' will have settled down!

All photo's taken with an S3, can't find my D30 charger - hope my son hasn't got it in South America - bummer. Taken through Photoshop no adjustments made, cropped and downsized for the web.

F7.1 3.5 secs, timer - from about 10ft on a stable platform although it looks like I was a little to the side.

So the pictures are straight out of the box, all images paused on the Panasonic BR player. DVD as well as BR - Enjoy, but remember these images look better in real life, if you don't believe me come and look for yourselves:D

Films used BR Batman Begins
DVD Behind Enemy Lines

Attachments

• br-1.jpg
    br-1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 375
  • br-2.jpg
    br-2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 339
  • br-3.jpg
    br-3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 301
  • br-4.jpg
    br-4.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 260
  • dvd-1.jpg
    dvd-1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 299
  • dvd-2.jpg
    dvd-2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 258
  • dvd-3.jpg
    dvd-3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 244
  • dvd-4.jpg
    dvd-4.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 339
Ok.

Installation Complete, although no colour adjustments have been made to the PJ. Why, the installers were only here to put it all together and make it 'work' which it does - wow.

My dealer is setting up a full cms after the PJ has achieved 100 hours, he tells me that it's much better that way as the 'bulb' will have settled down!

All photo's taken with an S3, can't find my D30 charger - hope my son hasn't got it in South America - bummer. Taken through Photoshop no adjustments made, cropped and downsized for the web.

F7.1 3.5 secs, timer - from about 10ft on a stable platform although it looks like I was a little to the side.

So the pictures are straight out of the box, all images paused on the Panasonic BR player. DVD as well as BR - Enjoy, but remember these images look better in real life, if you don't believe me come and look for yourselves:D

Films used BR Batman Begins
DVD Behind Enemy Lines

Nice one Paul - thanks for taking the time to do this. So have you just set it ot the THX setting for now?
Screenshots don't tell us a lot, but I still like to click on them :)

Enjoy your new projector!

No, I haven;t set it to THX as far as I know! Just switched it on, adjusted if for the sceen in terms of zoom, and position, adjusted focus and just went from there. I can check this stuff out a bit later on. I had to completely disassemble the sound system and move it because the screen was being hung from the ceiling so I have picture but no sound! That's next nd will take a while... :)

Ok, You got me interested now. Here is another shot with the PJ set to THX. The first one was set with the PJ in 'Natural' mode.

I have put the new shot on this reply. (It won't let me add the OLD shot as well?)

I have to say, for me it's like being at the cinema, the experience is just awsome. Now I know it's personal but I am exstatic OOTB never mind once it's fully calibrated. :clap:

Attachments

• br-4thx.jpg
    br-4thx.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 340
Ok, You got me interested now. Here is another shot with the PJ set to THX. The first one was set with the PJ in 'Natural' mode.

I have put the new shot on this reply. (It won't let me add the OLD shot as well?)

I have to say, for me it's like being at the cinema, the experience is just awsome. Now I know it's personal but I am exstatic OOTB never mind once it's fully calibrated. :clap:

Cool - assuming that the photos can be compared (not necessarily the case due to the quirks of screenshots), then the fleshtones look much more natural in that second shot.
'Natural' mode will still have the trademark over-saturation which we've got used to with JVC (and it will be similar to the HD350).
When you get it fully calibrated, you will be able to get the colour as accurate as THX mode (or perhaps more accurate if your room is affecting the image), and also then be able to play with Gamma, sharpness, etc to see what you think. In THX mode everything is fixed, so you can't tweak further.

If it was me, I'd just stick it on THX until the full calibration, if I knew one was coming.

Thanks. Until the more experienced members get their PJ's and take shot's etc I will try and give as much info as possible. This is a whole new experience for me and I am enjoying it immensely.

Now if we are talking sound etc then It's a different situation, for me the sound is just as important as the picture if not more so... I have a Hi-fi room that does Cinema, not the other way round, if you know what I mean. :D

Thanks. Until the more experienced members get their PJ's and take shot's etc I will try and give as much info as possible. This is a whole new experience for me and I am enjoying it immensely.

Now if we are talking sound etc then It's a different situation, for me the sound is just as important as the picture if not more so... I have a Hi-fi room that does Cinema, not the other way round, if you know what I mean. :D

Same here - the front stereo part of the system is 4k, the surround/centre/sub/processor part of the system is roughly 1.5k. I much prefer it that way although ideally I'd have a separate room for the 2-channel as there are issues involved with trying to keep the 2-channel sounding good in this room.

Great Shots Paul. The 2nd shot with THX from the images is looking more natural and not oversaturated. Like that...:smashin:
Could you tell me on a complete black screen (startup or blank screen mode) how much light is projected.
I assume you can make shadows on the image using your hand or holding any other object between the lens and the screen as there will be always some light from any PJ to even display black, but would like to know how much light the HD750 shows with blank black screen. Just some idea will be great.

Enjoy your new PJ and do post more screenshots. You own one of the best PJ money can buy now so I would guess posting screenshots will be your only job now....:D

Same here - the front stereo part of the system is 4k, the surround/centre/sub/processor part of the system is roughly 1.5k. I much prefer it that way although ideally I'd have a separate room for the 2-channel as there are issues involved with trying to keep the 2-channel sounding good in this room.

A man after my own heart. I have gone the Bryston route with an Sp2 processor that has a decent bypass mechanism, so stereo is good. I let my Chord CPA4000E pre-amp go because there was no way to integrate it into the Dolby Digital domain. Now I know the 5000 has pass-thru but it's just a bit expensive! :D

Great Shots Paul. The 2nd shot with THX from the images is looking more natural and not oversaturated. Like that...:smashin:
Could you tell me on a complete black screen (startup or blank screen mode) how much light is projected.
I assume you can make shadows on the image using your hand or holding any other object between the lens and the screen as there will be always some light from any PJ to even display black, but would like to know how much light the HD750 shows with blank black screen. Just some idea will be great.

Enjoy your new PJ and do post more screenshots. You own one of the best PJ money can buy now so I would guess posting screenshots will be your only job now....:D
Hi.

Ok i's a bit subjective but just done the test and these are my findings. My room is pretty dark alhough a small amount of light spillage was evident from around the double doors, directly in line with the screen. I turned on the PJ and watched. As it warmed up my shadow denitely appeared, however when the D-ILA screen appeared it pretty much disappeared, although it was faintly evident. No camera could capture the shadow though!

Hi.

Ok i's a bit subjective but just done the test and these are my findings. My room is pretty dark alhough a small amount of light spillage was evident from around the double doors, directly in line with the screen. I turned on the PJ and watched. As it warmed up my shadow denitely appeared, however when the D-ILA screen appeared it pretty much disappeared, although it was faintly evident. No camera could capture the shadow though!
Just to explain. The D-ILA screen shows the text in white and the surrounding area is black. My shadow was just about evident in the black zone..

Just to explain. The D-ILA screen shows the text in white and the surrounding area is black. My shadow was just about evident in the black zone..
Paul, could you confirm that the image on your screen looks sharper than your photos, or not.

Are any of you with the HD350/750 going through your AVR as a switcher and out to the pj via HDMI? If so, all is well? Anyone try this this with a PS3 by any chance?

Are any of you with the HD350/750 going through your AVR as a switcher and out to the pj via HDMI? If so, all is well? Anyone try this this with a PS3 by any chance?
Hi.

I am using an IXOS 4 port switch if that helps. I have tried it direct as well but could NOT tell any difference.

Last ones for the time being. Just watched Ice Age 2 and my beloved who has a 'sharp' view on these 'boys toys' said, and I quote 'Incredible detail' and '3d Like Image'. There, I've got away with spending all that money! :D

I've set the PJ to THX mode and will await the full cms visit after 100hrs...

Ok, these shots were taken using my EOS D30 (found the charger) with 16-35mm F2.8 at 8.0 at around 10-20 secs. Passed through Photoshop and a small amount of Unsharp Mask applied. Any blurring of the image is down to the pausing during a 'panning shot'. I had 300k file sizes but it looks like the upload mechanism downsized them again... Oh well :clap:

I will leave it to you forum professionals now, I'm off to enjoy the PJ some more. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 342
  • bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 298
  • bb3.jpg
    bb3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 294
  • bb4.jpg
    bb4.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 256
  • bb5.jpg
    bb5.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 363
  • bb6.jpg
    bb6.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 348
  • bb7.jpg
    bb7.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 275
  • bb8.jpg
    bb8.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 263
Added a few more LOTR fellowship on the ring pictures from my HD-350.
These show what this machine is capable of, as far as these pics allow, in the shadows is where its at very reveiling....

Attachments

• S6000604.JPG
    S6000604.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 308
  • S6000605.JPG
    S6000605.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 366
  • S6000606.JPG
    S6000606.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 262
  • S6000607.JPG
    S6000607.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 298
  • S6000608.JPG
    S6000608.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 247
  • S6000609.JPG
    S6000609.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 249
  • S6000610.JPG
    S6000610.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 262
  • S6000611.JPG
    S6000611.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 323
  • S6000612.JPG
    S6000612.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 267
  • S6000613.JPG
    S6000613.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 332
Another 2 should have gone with above...

Attachments

• S6000616.JPG
    S6000616.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 263
  • S6000623.JPG
    S6000623.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 321
It has been found that threads that go over 1000 posts are slowing the forums down. Could you please continue discussion of the JVC DLA-HD350/HD750 projectors in the new thread. Thank you.

New thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom