Piranha 3D blu-ray release "real" 3D or anaglyph?

Actually removing the 2x http from your link

Piranha 3 [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

I'm far from convinced that is the proper 3d one. It does have the blu-ray 3d logo on the front cover which suggests it is, but it also says it includes 2 pairs of glasses which means its anaglyph.

Sorry thats not more help, I personally wouldn't order it at this point.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yeah I thought it looked a little suspect myself. I have emailed the movies uk distributors Entertainment Film Distibutors for confirmation and will post the response if I get one.

I have pre-ordered anyway as I am desperate for 3d movie content that is not animation. If it does not become more clear closer to the 27th I will cancel and wait for a few reviewers:smashin:/victims:thumbsdow to say what it is like.

It's been announced that Piranha 3D will be in stereoscopic 3D on Blu-ray, but will be available in anaglyphic 3D on DVD and Blu. It may be that the BD package will contain both anaglyph and stereoscopic 3D versions of the movie.

If you're that hungry for non-animated 3D content, there is of course the German release of Clash of the Titans, and Resident Evil: Afterlife is due around the same time as Piranha.

It's been announced that Piranha 3D will be in stereoscopic 3D on Blu-ray, but will be available in anaglyphic 3D on DVD and Blu. It may be that the BD package will contain both anaglyph and stereoscopic 3D versions of the movie.

If you're that hungry for non-animated 3D content, there is of course the German release of Clash of the Titans, and Resident Evil: Afterlife is due around the same time as Piranha.

I saw Clash of the Titans at the cinema :thumbsdow I would not waste my time/money watching it again.

However I might give resident evil a go although I've read some mixed reviews :confused:

Here is the US box art for a January release on the left and the UK December 27th release on the right.

And no reply to my email from the distributor

I have cancelled my order

Attachments

• 1555892h.jpg
    1555892h.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 8,805
  • 81inGHDPK-L__AA1500_.jpg
    81inGHDPK-L__AA1500_.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 2,815
We're getting a proper 3D/2D disc and an anaglyph version on the 2nd disc.
The stereoscopic version was recently classified for home viewing by the BBFC and EIV aren't the sort to waste time getting something classified, if they're not releasing it.

Play.com are fairly distinct:
To watch the 3D version of this movie, you need: Full HD 3D TV, Blu-ray 3D player & compatible 3D glasses. The 2D version is playable on all Blu-ray players.
Also includes an Anaglyph 3D (green & red) version of the movie with 2 pairs of 3D glasses

Last edited:
Well I think I will import the USA version as the cover is far better and I can't stand having all the extra crap like pairs of cardboard specs and **** so called 3D versions included :mad:
Just give us a standalone release and give the crap to some other people :thumbsdow

Well I think I will import the USA version as the cover is far better and I can't stand having all the extra crap like pairs of cardboard specs and **** so called 3D versions included :mad:
Just give us a standalone release and give the crap to some other people :thumbsdow

Don't know kingkarl. Personally prefer the bum to the side boob :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom